The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

The weird thing was they were already in active pre-production for the sequel way before the first film came out. They even cast Sigourvey Weaver in a role. It's almost unheard of.

And when the movie bombed, it pushed back the sequel's production but it wasn't indefinitely. Maybe this time they can be more faithful. I don't know, I haven't read the books but I thought the first film was clunky.

A lot of movies fall apart in pre-production and even production stages.

I get the impression they were being smug about the whole thing, and assumed it would be a hit..

BTW, I'll say this: Beautiful Creatures is way better than City of Bones. By all means, both aren't great movies, but 'BC' has charming and likable leads and a great tone that made me think it's almost underrated for what it was meant to be.

BTW, I'll say this: Beautiful Creatures is way better than City of Bones. By all means, both aren't great movies, but 'BC' has charming and likable leads and a great tone that made me think it's almost underrated for what it was meant to be.
I agree, Beautiful Creatures was actually a pretty good movie. The trailers were horrible though and it didn't have a special enough hook to reel in audiences. Witches aren't as popular as Vampires.

I'll only believe a TMI sequel is happening when the actors are being filmed on a set.

This movie was so unbelievably bad it hurt to watch. Why isn't everyone sick of this vampire-witch-magic 14 year old girls-know-best movies they are all the same and they all ****ing suck.

Obviously Hollywood makes these movies because the studios are looking for the next big hit, it's the same reason they are flooding the market with nothing but comicbook movies and dumb movies about big robots.

I'm not offended that they are finally making genre movies starring women, that's a good thing, I'm offended that most of them are mediocre to bad because the studios put little effort into making them good or smartly marketing them like they do movies directed mostly towards males.

I don't care if the lead is a man or a woman but at least make the movie watchable. Hunger Games has been good with a female lead. And all these vampire movies are the same.

TMI has vampires but I haven't read any reviews that says it's even close to mainly being about vampires. It's about half angels or something. Beautiful Creatures was about Witches and The Host was about Aliens. Divergent isn't a supernatural story so not a vampire in sight. The only upcoming Vampire YA movie is Vampire Academy.

TMI has vampires but I haven't read any reviews that says it's even close to mainly being about vampires. It's about half angels or something. Beautiful Creatures was about Witches and The Host was about Aliens. Divergent isn't a supernatural story so not a vampire in sight. The only upcoming Vampire YA movie is Vampire Academy.

don't be obtuse, you know what I mean

In light of Divergent and having watched this last night, I'm bumping the thread up.

This was most definitely a young adults-styled movie. Right down to the cliches and the ham-fisted dialogue. Despite that it wasn't terrible, just boring and overly long at 2 hours 10 minutes. The Hunger Games it is not.

I see why it was not a hit in the theater but it set itself up to do sequels which hopefully will be better than this. Assuming the audience is willing to give it another chance.

Also, it's another case of 'It's obviously Toronto, not New York'. Just because you wet the streets doesn't make it more New Yorky.

It's all that homeless person urine, it's not the real deal.

Saw this a few days back. I thought it was really bad. Also, I guess they said the bad guy was lying but did anyone else think the main leads were way too comfortable with flirting at the end, knowing they might actually be brother/sister? I know they didn't believe the guy but still... Yeesh.

Also, Beautiful Creatures was definitely a better movie. It's too bad it wasn't a success cause I liked the leads and witches haven't been done to death. As of yet, that is.

So they finally admit that they aren't making a sequel, about damn time.

The t.v show will probably fail too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"