Comics The Official Civil War Thread

cart1

Civilian
Reaction score
So you can talk about Civil war and the tie-ins

I just read the Illuminati Special...

If done properly, this could be one of the BEST inter-Marvel cross-overs ever told. :o

:)

I'm going to make a thread called the Unofficial Civil War Thread just to spite you. :p

Upset Spideyfan said:
I'm going to make a thread called the Unofficial Civil War Thread just to spite you. :p
go for it:)

Themanofbat said:

If done properly, this could be one of the BEST inter-Marvel cross-overs ever told. :o

I'm pretty excited about it myself...please don't blow it Marvel :(......I'll have more to offer when i get Illuminati, NA 17 and FF 536 next week in the mail

edited to add: And DD 83 as I think that's a tie in as well

Upset Spideyfan said:
be sure to put it in the marvel forum [which is where i think this thread ought to besince civil war is about more than just the web spinner ].maybe if spidey gets arrested it'll show the feds confiscating the iron spider armor citng national security as it once did with guardsmanII when they createdTHE GUARDSMAN PROJECT after the sentenels were outlawed as unconstitustial
that way readers won't have to gripe that tony stark has turned spidey into"web machine"

Upset Spideyfan said:
be sure to put it in the marvel forum [which is where i think this thread ought to besince civil war is about more than just the web spinner ].maybe if spidey gets arrested it'll show the feds confiscating the iron spider armor citng national security as it once did with guardsmanII when they createdTHE GUARDSMAN PROJECT after the sentenels were outlawed as unconstitustial
that way readers won't have to gripe that tony stark has turned spidey into"web machine"

I'm really looking forward to Civil War. I read the Illuminati special and it piqued my interest even more. If done right, this might be something special. Considering the work he's done on Ultimates and Ultimates 2, I'm confident Mark Millar will do us proud. I just hope that Peter's ID isn't made public knowledge by the end of it all though. :(

So far the Road to Civil War issues has been good.I have a feeling Civil War will Rock

The fact Mark Millar is the architect of this project alone, fills me with enough confidence in it

It's been said that no one will be affected by Civil War more than Spidey, so I don't see why it wouldn't be ok to have it here.

Madgoblin says that Millar has worked with the Spider-Fan.org people to get his continuity right, in the past.

Maybe this mini will correct some ridiculous continuity glitches in recent memory.

HA! Wishful thinking. Millar seems to need independant citizens not working for Marvel to help him with his continuity, and his editor is obviously out to lunch, so Civil War will just be lucky enough to get it's basic ideas continuity-correct.

God, I'm such a pessimist now since Quesada's reign has produced a Peter Parker that makes me wish Ben Reilly ended up being the real deal, Peter moved to Oregon permanently and he turns to Ashes after MJ HAD baby May.

Now THAT would have been cool! I cannot consider this weak short term memory stinger-man as Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man.

thanks for the rant.

AmaznSpider-Fan said:
It's been said that no one will be affected by Civil War more than Spidey, so I don't see why it wouldn't be ok to have it here.

Indeed. If nothing else, we can discuss the Spidey portions of Civil War right here.

Themanofbat said:

Agreed. I thought Bendis' dialogue was riveting.

And the part when Namor taught Iron Man not to smart-off was priceless! Quite frankly, i would have paid cover price just for that scene alone.

Who better to turn to but fans that run the best Spidey site on the net?

I thought it was priceless when Namor owned Iron Man. That should teach him to speak out of turn. :D

Personally, I can't wait for the Hulk to come back to Earth... :eek: :eek: :eek:

:cool:

CaptainStacy said:
Agreed. I thought Bendis' dialogue was riveting.

And the part when Namor taught Iron Man not to smart-off was priceless! Quite frankly, i would have paid cover price just for that scene alone.

*sniff* I gotta wait til Monday :(....stupid One Horse Town :(

WhatIfTales said:
*sniff* I gotta wait til Monday :(....stupid One Horse Town :(

There's talk at the Town Meeting last night about investing on a second horse, so things are looking up. :up:

Illuminati spoiler ahead...
Towards the end of "Illuminati," when Iron Man says, "let me tell you how this is going to go..." it was chilling... because we know already that a lot of what he says here is prophetic.

So, when he predicted that the lawmakers will want to make an example of someone, "like our friend Spider-Man" I got a serious feeling of dread. Tony continued, "Someone they can make a real spectacle of. Someone they can unmask on TV, distroy his marriage, his family and pin a crime or two on! All for the whole world to see. And the country will rupture. Sides will be taken and people WILL get hurt."

Well, isn't THAT going to be fun! :( Yeah, boy... Heart in your throat, OMG are they reeeally going to distroy Spider-man, kind of fun...

It all depends on how it ends. It COULD be a fun rollercoaster ride... I mean, I've always wanted to see what Flash, JJJ, and some others would do if they found out that Peter was Spider-Man... but they CAN'T leave it there. It must be undone, and in a smart way, too.

This is going to be good IF all's well that end's well. (And that's a pretty big if.) :) :( :mad: :O :)

Captivated said:
Illuminati spoiler ahead...
Towards the end of "Illuminati," when Iron Man says, "let me tell you how this is going to go..." it was chilling... because we know already that a lot of what he says here is prophetic.

So, when he predicted that the lawmakers will want to make an example of someone, "like our friend Spider-Man" I got a serious feeling of dread. Tony continued, "Someone they can make a real spectacle of. Someone they can unmask on TV, distroy his marriage, his family and pin a crime or two on! All for the whole world to see. And the country will rupture. Sides will be taken and people WILL get hurt."

Well, isn't THAT going to be fun! :( Yeah, boy... Heart in your throat, OMG are they reeeally going to distroy Spider-man, kind of fun...

It all depends on how it ends. It COULD be a fun rollercoaster ride... I mean, I've always wanted to see what Flash, JJJ, and some others would do if they found out that Peter was Spider-Man... but they CAN'T leave it there. It must be undone, and in a smart way, too.

This is going to be good IF all's well that end's well. (And that's a pretty big if.) :) :( :mad: :O :)
Well, you've certainly added to my trepidation, Captivated. Now here's something else to get your spidey sense tingling: one of the questions from Wizard Magazine's spoiler quiz on Civil War.

2. Which character willingly reveals their secret identity to the world during Civil War?
A. Spider-Man
B. Spider-Woman
C. Daredevil
D. Iron Man
How much you want to make a bet that Tony convinces Peter to reveal his identity so win the public over and to try and prevent those things you cited (which of course will still happen) and Peter, who thanks to JMS, is ever Iron Man's sidekick (read: lap dog) and respond with a "Sure thing, boss" (cue simultaneous people doing their best redition of Darth Vader's "NOOOOOOOOO!)? It very likey could be "D," but unfortunately, I think all the signs are pointing to "A.":mad:Still, there is always hope, no matter how faint.

Here's the rest of the questions if your interested: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8271144&postcount=1

I think it will either be DD , or SM

I'd prefer it to be SM though, JJJ a reporter, but how dumb can he be that he's never figured it out that Pete's SM. After all these years I say SM should reveal his identity and it should become permnent.

Well... since Iron Man is arguing with the rest of the Illuminati, to come out right away, in favor of registration... I gotta say, it must be Iron Man. I can't see Peter doing it willingly... not that it won't happen as "predicted" which will be pretty huge.

What is confusing, is that this meeting must have happened before he and Peter went to Washington. So, he recruited Peter AFTER he gave that little speech... but, yet he implyed to Peter that he was against it, and was going to try to stop it. May-be that was because he knows there WILL be division and destruction, because his attempt to unite the heroes in the Illuminati was unsuccessfull.

And I seriously don't see how anyone in their right mind, who has an inkling of what the character is about, can think giving Spidey a permanent PUBLIC ID is a GOOD thing. *shudder*

Captivated said:
Well... since Iron Man is arguing with the rest of the Illuminati, to come out right away, in favor of registration... I gotta say, it must be Iron Man.

Like I said, we can always hope. Although Iron Man JUST got his secret ID back after it was already exposed to the world. Even one of the senators refers him as the "former Iron Man."

What is confusing, is that this meeting must have happened before he and Peter went to Washington. So, he recruited Peter AFTER he gave that little speech... but, yet he implyed to Peter that he was against it, and was going to try to stop it. May-be that was because he knows there WILL be division and destruction, because his attempt to unite the heroes in the Illuminati was unsuccessfull.

Technically, he's not really in favor of registration--He's simply taking advantage of the political situation in order to beat the politicians at their own game. He probably believes he can kill the act by arguing against it as Tony Stark while at the same time publicly support it as Iron Man, meaning that if he earns the public trust before hand, then the act looses public support as well. Of course what happens at Stamford will cause the act to pass, thus forcing Tony to choose the lesser of two evils. Better to have his dream of a large-scale superhero group be sanctioned by a government bureacracy than have one that considered a vigilante organization (although he'd prefer that the heroes run it themselves, I'm sure.)

And I seriously don't see how anyone in their right mind, who has an inkling of what the character is about, can think giving Spidey a permanent PUBLIC ID is a GOOD thing. *shudder*

You and me both (although it would be interesting--hmm, coincidence that JMS has a six-part "Civil War" tie-in coming up in the Spider-Man books? Maybe HE'LL be the one to have Spidey's ID public...typical.)

I'm not saying it's Good thing for him but, it just makes for new GOOD stories.

I have more than just an Inkling of what a character is about.

You probably think I'm guitared but i like ALL the changes that have been made to Spidey lately.

supermarvelman said:
I'm not saying it's Good thing for him but, it just makes for new GOOD stories.

If told right, yes. However, I just think that it would be a hell of mess to try and get Spidey's secret ID back, barring the "I was working for Tony as a Spider-Man but not THE Spider-Man" theory. After all, if Marvel has learned ANYTHING from the Clone Saga, it's that you can make all the changes you want--as long as you have a back-up plan to rectify it should things go wrong.

I have more than just an Inkling of what a character is about.
I think Captivated was refering to guys like JMS and Joe Q at Marvel more than yourself.

You probably think I'm guitared but i like ALL the changes that have been made to Spidey lately.

No, just a little misguided, although your heart is in the right place. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"