The official Dredd 2 thread

Well according to Alex Garland while the first movie was being developed, they were going to do cursed Earth as the sequel. I wouldnt mind seeing that.

Dark Judges I think EVERYONE wants to see so I would like to see them adapted as well. Beyond that I couldnt think, its literally been about 20 years since I read 2000AD comics.

According to an article on the web-site which shall not be named. If they do a sequel it will follow the 'Origins' storyline, were Dredd and some others go into the Cursed Earth to search for Judge Fargo (who is essentially Dredds 'father').

Fargo was played by Max Von Sydow in the original but this would obviously be a very different story than that and very different movie. What do people think of this?

I haven't read any of the comics but I loved the sh** out of the movie, so any sequel gets a big thumbs up from me.

I haven't read any of the comics but I loved the sh** out of the movie, so any sequel gets a big thumbs up from me.

Same here. Only saw the movies and I would love to see Urban suit up again.

Everyone but everyone wants to see the Dark Judges so if there is a sequel please let's see the Dark Judges or Judge Death FINALLY on the big screen.

I'm cool with the Cursed Earth / Origins story for a sequel and then Judge Death in the third

Dredd was fantastic and is one of my favourite CBMs, I want a sequel to that more than any other movie at the moment

I'm cool with the Cursed Earth / Origins story for a sequel and then Judge Death in the third

Dredd was fantastic and is one of my favourite CBMs, I want a sequel to that more than any other movie at the moment

Sounds like thats what the plan, I dont mind them going the 'origins' route in the sequel at all, will keep the budget down for one, and its a really good story for two.

I am desperate to see the Dark Judges as well but if I have to I will wait until a 3rd movie.

Wouldn't mind this being made into a series. Since Almost Human was cancelled Urban is free. Just let Netflix or HBO do it.

Same here, I dont mind them saving the Dark Judges for a 3rd movie. Origins would be good as the next movie because it would involve flashbacks to the creation of the Judges and stuff like, stuff we have never seen. Plus Rico would be involved.

if a second on is made, go dark judges, i dont wanna take any more chances we wont get them

I kind of agree. Right now, we will be lucky to get a 2nd movie, let alone a 3rd.

I'd happily take a Dredd 2 or Hellboy 3 over Ant-Man, Avengers, Fantastic Four or Sinister Six

I'd happily take a Dredd 2 or Hellboy 3 over Ant-Man, Avengers, Fantastic Four or Sinister Six

I would have to 110% agree. HB3 and Dredd 2 could both be amazing, throw in Kick-Ass 3 as well which I hope happens and could be okay.

I hate that we never got a resolution to the Hellboy movies :(

They essentially left HBII on a cliffhanger

^I know, and each year it doesnt happen I lose more and more hope it will happen. Still cant believe Universal thought it would be a good idea to open it the week before TDK.

Hey everyone,

It's been an incredible year. Earlier this year, we're sure you saw Karl Urban himself praise the campaign, thank every single one of you for signing the petition, and told us to keep going!

The big 'Day of Dredd' push last September was massively successful - Dredd went straight to the top of the DVD and Blu-Ray charts in multiple countries and sparking acres of press coverage, giving a huge boost to the petition (another 30,000 of you joined up!). But that doesn't mean we're going to sit on our laurels.

We're really happy to announce that we're designating Wednesday 1st October as the Day of Dredd 2014!

This is a fan-created, fan-run, fan-made campaign and that's who makes it so special - the fans. Let's show Hollywood that we've not gone away and we're not going to take no for an answer. We want more of our favourite movie!

So, next Wednesday we're calling on everyone to shout about DREDD - buy it again on DVD or Blue-Ray, get it back up those charts or, even better, get it sold out! Watch it with friends, talk about it online, share it on your Facebook and Twitter accounts with the hashtag #DayofDredd, encourage your favourite news outlets to cover the big push, even wear your DREDD suit when you go shopping! It all helps keep DREDD in the public eye.

You ready, rookies? We can do this together - October 1st will be THE DAY OF DREDD!

Frank & Brian
Make A Dredd Sequel Campaign

https://www.facebook.com/MakeADreddSequel

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back