The Official Image Comics Thread

That is awesome! I just read the Bulletproof Coffin trade a couple weeks back it was absolutely brilliant. I'll be scooping that up without a doubt!

Ah, more Moore Supreme sounds pretty good. I wonder if the Glory relaunch is going to playing off the Moore pitch and unpublished stuff as well? I assume not since they didn't pump that.

At first I was like, "total Bru", but then I was like, "Huh?" Talk about throwing for a loop there. Sounds interesting, though, and pretty interesting it's not being published via Icon like all of his recent creator-owned stuff.

Wow, that is just such an off the wall concept for Brubaker. I know he's worked with superheroes, which include plenty of sci-fi, but most of his creator-owned work hasn't gone that nutty as far as I can recall. Guess you need to add that bit of spice now and again.

Oh, and I don't know if I could give less of a **** about the whole Extreme Studios thing. I mean, some new Moore Supreme stuff, okay, but the rest of it is a big bunch of nothing to me. Glory could be good, but I have a feeling it won't be.

But besides that, Image is stepping it up.

Oh, and I don't know if I could give less of a **** about the whole Extreme Studios thing. I mean, some new Moore Supreme stuff, okay, but the rest of it is a big bunch of nothing to me. Glory could be good, but I have a feeling it won't be.

Pretty much the only reason I'm excited for it. Although Prophet looks interesting.

Ted McKeever goes mad with Mondo.

This looks crazy good. As a big McKeever fan this is one of my most anticipated books. This one seems to be stepping out from the esoteric adventure of Meta 4 and just a fun adventure of madness.

Anybody reading Mudman but Paul Grist? The first issue was pretty cool and looks like it's going to be a really fun series.

Anybody reading Mudman but Paul Grist? The first issue was pretty cool and looks like it's going to be a really fun series.

Not yet but I think I'm going to pick it up next time I head to the shop. I've never read any Grist's stuff but I really should. Jack Staff looks like it's a lot of fun.

Just finished reading Mudman. Some good stuff here so looks like I'll stick with it.

Anyone, pick up Haunt #19, the start of Casey and Fox's run? After delay and delay I finally got what I was looking for Casey going bat**** crazy. Haunt starts slow and creepily. It seems almost a wiping of the board and starting fresh. Kilgore finds most of the cast has vanish leaving him alone and facing strange new threats. The Brothers Kilgore wander their new status quo lost until the end where it explodes in red, gory frenzy. It's always a great atmospheric issue where it always feels like a bomb is about to go off.

Fox's art is the epitome of hyper kinetic and it times the art suffers for it. I had trouble distinguishing some panels. Other than that it's the perfect match for Casey story. I need more!

Last edited:
Broken Frontier interviews David Hine and Shaky Kane on the next volume of Bulletproof Coffin.

Part 1, Part 2.

Recently picked up the trade of Bulletproof Coffin and really loved it. Kane's artwork is so amazing and his coloring work is just superb. I'm really looking forward to this sequel. :woot:

Me too. I love the sound of the new direction. If Hine and Kane want to continue telling random, crazy stories I'm all for it.

That is so awesome. I really liked their miniseries Red Wing so I think I'll have to make some room for this. Really dig Nick Pitarra's artwork too so at the very least I'll get something that is easy on the eyes.

Definitely looking forward to Saga it looks pretty interesting and the artwork looks FANTASTIC! :wow:

I've been picking up and reading a lot of Image comics recently, at least, for me. The only previous Image comic I'd read was Fell. I'm really loving Blue Estates (probably my favorite comic out right now), Super Dinosaur and Green Wake

I tried getting into Chew but... just didn't *click* with me.

I also picked up The Activity, and really liked it.

image-happy-625x965.jpg

New project by Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson, a new Phonogram, and more announced at Image Expo.

Do you hear that? That's the sound of me dropping more Marvel and DC. Vertigo contracts must really be that bad if Morrison is taking projects to Image.

Last edited:
That is pretty freakin' awesome. That is definitely the sound of me dropping all of Marvel's books and becoming an Image zombie. :oldrazz:

I loved Robertson's art in Rucka's Wolverine so whatever he and Morrison got cooked up is going to be sweet, dirty looking and downright nasty. :D

I'm surprised that Morrison is going over to Image. Big grab for them.

image-happy-625x965.jpg

New project by Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson, a new Phonogram, and more announced at Image Expo.

Do you hear that? That's the sound of me dropping more Marvel and DC. Vertigo contracts must really be that bad if Morrison is taking projects to Image.

Ha, same thought went through my head.

Be interesting to see what this will be about. I'm guessing it's probably another non-superhero work. I wasn't as impressed with his last as many (Murphy's art was outstanding, but the story was kind of dull overall), but everyone has an occasional misstep.

Also, kind this kind of got overshadowed by the Morrison announcement, but a new series by Spencer, Bedlam, was also announced. It doesn't sound like my kind of book, but with Spencer writing, I'm interested.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37200

I'm surprised that Morrison is going over to Image. Big grab for them.

I think it's nice how big writers are doing more and more Creator-owned projects because i believe today's comic audience has alot of interests on writers instead of characters alone thesedays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"