The Official Kingdom Hearts Thread

that, my friends, is fantastic. Only if we could get KH2: Final Mix plus....

I want a KH game based just off of Disney TV shows.

Darkwing Duck
Talespin
Gummi Bears
Gargoyles

Goliath in Kingdom Hearts would be freaking awesome.

Man if they release this as a Exclusive to a PS3 that would be good!!!

But seeing how Sony keeps loosing its Exclusives i doubt it.

Yeah you really think that Square-Enix covered the majority of the Disney Universe in the first 2 games but they only touched the surface bc there is still so much out there.

Yay, loved KH 1 & 2 and CoM, sadly I dont have a PS3 at the moment :(

Yay, loved KH 1 & 2 and CoM, sadly I dont have a PS3 at the moment :(
doesnt matter bc KH3 isnt coming to it anytime soon. Wouldnt be surprised if it ends up being a PS4 title

Provided we get a PS4 with the way the PS3 is selling I wish people would see how much better this system is than the 360. There are so many benefits!

doesnt matter bc KH3 isnt coming to it anytime soon. Wouldnt be surprised if it ends up being a PS4 title

The real problem to me is that instead of actually moving on a sequel Square-Enix seems to be more intent on spin-offs (like 365/2 and Birth By Sleep).

Not to say there are any problems per say with those games, but honestly I would prefer a real deal sequel to progress things.

The real problem to me is that instead of actually moving on a sequel Square-Enix seems to be more intent on spin-offs (like 365/2 and Birth By Sleep).

Not to say there are any problems per say with those games, but honestly I would prefer a real deal sequel to progress things.
They are doing spinoffs to give people something to play between games. The reason why they arent moving onto the proper sequel is bc the team is working on Final Fantasy VS XIII and development on that game has been taking forever. I dont expect a Jap release till 2010 and maybe a US/NA in 2011. With that timeline, it doesnt look like we'll get a KH game this generation bc these type of games take time to develop and their focus is elsewhere. But then again, Persona 4 was just released on the PS2, so they could make a KH on the PS3 late in the console's cycle even if most people have moved on to the next generation stuff.

They are doing spinoffs to give people something to play between games. The reason why they arent moving onto the proper sequel is bc the team is working on Final Fantasy VS XIII and development on that game has been taking forever. I dont expect a Jap release till 2010 and maybe a US/NA in 2011. With that timeline, it doesnt look like we'll get a KH game this generation bc these type of games take time to develop and their focus is elsewhere. But then again, Persona 4 was just released on the PS2, so they could make a KH on the PS3 late in the console's cycle even if most people have moved on to the next generation stuff.

That's true, but I don't think it would be that hard to develop them both at the same time with just FF Vs XIII as a top priority or something. Or just drop the spin-offs altogether and have that time put on a proper sequel.

I honestly think it has more to do with pumping as much money out of the franchise as they can, though I guess I could be wrong

I can't wait for part 3 to come out it will be so awsome. but it will probably be different since its going to be dealing with the keyblade wars and such.

That's true, but I don't think it would be that hard to develop them both at the same time with just FF Vs XIII as a top priority or something. Or just drop the spin-offs altogether and have that time put on a proper sequel.

I honestly think it has more to do with pumping as much money out of the franchise as they can, though I guess I could be wrong
but then they would be splitting the team up and/or not devoting enough time to both projects and both get pushed back. SE originally wanted to develop and release FF VS XIII along side FF XIII. That was pretty ambitious of them and now that definetly will not happen. Imagine if they threw a third major RPG into the mix. We'd be waiting for these titles even longer than we are right now.

but then they would be splitting the team up and/or not devoting enough time to both projects and both get pushed back. SE originally wanted to develop and release FF VS XIII along side FF XIII. That was pretty ambitious of them and now that definetly will not happen. Imagine if they threw a third major RPG into the mix. We'd be waiting for these titles even longer than we are right now.

If you cut the spin-offs development out altogether and put that focus on KHIII and FF VS XIII I don't think it'd be that big of a problem

If you cut the spin-offs development out altogether and put that focus on KHIII and FF VS XIII I don't think it'd be that big of a problem
thats not even an option bc it costs alot less to develop games for the DS and PSP. Not to mention it also takes alot less time. Square-Enix isnt in the best financial standing and it isnt in their best interest to drop 2 projects which they will see a faster return and would be more cost effective for them.

thats not even an option bc it costs alot less to develop games for the DS and PSP. Not to mention it also takes alot less time. Square-Enix isnt in the best financial standing and it isnt in their best interest to drop 2 projects which they will see a faster return and would be more cost effective for them.

Exactly, it's about the money, that was my original point anyway. It's got nothing to with the fact that development would be elongated. They don't really care anything about progressing the series or anything and what to milk it. Hell, whether or not they were in financial downtime or not, I think they'd still be doing it.

double post

Last edited:
Exactly, it's about the money, that was my original point anyway. It's got nothing to with the fact that development would be elongated. They don't really care anything about progressing the series or anything and what to milk it. Hell, whether or not they were in financial downtime or not, I think they'd still be doing it.
and thats a bad thing? They are a business and like all, they want and need to make money in order to sustain. Look at how many development studios have closed down in the past year bc of the current economy. If SE needs to make games for the portable systems (which helps give them money to make the bigger console games) then I say go for it.

and thats a bad thing? They are a business and like all, they want and need to make money in order to sustain. Look at how many development studios have closed down in the past year bc of the current economy. If SE needs to make games for the portable systems (which helps give them money to make the bigger console games) then I say go for it.

Did I say it was a necessarily bad thing? All I originally said was that the problem with getting a real sequel is that Square wants to make and focus on spin-offs over developing it. I even said there was nothing wrong with those games, just that I would prefer a legit KHIII.

They are pumping as much money out of the franchise. Obviously it's what businesses do, financially tough times or not, but that doesn't mean it can't be commented on

just give us the bloody game

also am i the only one who is getting pissed off that the number of spin offs are exclusive to certain consoles and such. i don't mind spin offs but i hate the fact to get the full story i have to buy multiple games on multiple systems

just give us the bloody game

also am i the only one who is getting pissed off that the number of spin offs are exclusive to certain consoles and such. i don't mind spin offs but i hate the fact to get the full story i have to buy multiple games on multiple systems
yeah I felt that way about Chain of Memories for the GBA but at least they eventually gave it a remake on the PS2

I'm getting a PS3 when this comes out. I like the series too much to pass on it. Plus the PS3 should be cheaper by then.

I think a title for the DS would be great. More people should get into the series and putting it on other consoles helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"