The Official Northern Ireland Election Thread

kainedamo

Superhero
Reaction score
Well folks, after months of waiting the time is finally here! We get to vote in the new Northern Ireland Assembly after the last one collapsed! Whoo!!

In this thread, we'll keep each other up to date on whos ahead and who got a seat where and so on and so forth. And we'll discuss the politics of it all and we can speculate as to whos actually gonna win!

So who did everyone vote for anyway??

This is how I voted. Number 1, Sinn Fein. Number 2, Workers Party. Number 3, Alliance.

I think the way its gonna turn out is that those damn DUP are gonna come out top, with Sinn Fein in second. So Ian Paisley will be first minister, and Martin McGuiness second minister. But who even knows if the DUP will decide to share power - they haven't said for definate if they would! The DUP ought to wise up and realize that the majority of people in this country want to move forward.

good thing you added "official" to the title, that way we need not be distracted by the myriad other Northern Ireland election threads littering the first page like starbucks in large malls.
god bless you. I see hundreds upon hundreds of pages for this.
there might have to be "The Official Northern Ireland Election Thread part Deux"

be prepared.

erin go bragh!
i'm rootin' for Sinn Fein but i can't really vote, i'm only irish at heart :D

The number of people posting in this thread is making the whole site go slow!

The results so far...

Party Seats
DUP 13
SF 14
SDLP 2
UUP 1
AP 1
UKUP 0
PUP 0
OTH 0

Exciting stuff!! So far, Sinn Fein and DUP are tied! EDIT: As I write this, Sinn Fein gained a seat! GO SINN FEIN!!

In my own consituency, East Belfast, the following parties got seats...

Party DUP UUP AP
Members 1 1 1

Well, one of the parties I voted got a seat at least. The Alliance party. So far the only "other" party besides the big parties to get a seat.

I'll keep you all up to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"