Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

It should be released in 202siX, for the sake of the number siX. It would be siX years from ps5 as well. :funny:

I would hope so. I'd even say that the PS5 didn't need to come out as soon as it did considering most of the PS5 games that have been released so far are available for PS4 as well. If the Playstation 6 comes out before 2028, it's too soon.

I kind of suspect Sony was terrified that if they didn't prep and release a new console, Microsoft would, and then Microsoft would have potentially years of being able to market themselves as "Vastly more powerful than the Playstation". Which, seeing as "cutting edge games" is the primary marketing pitch from Sony. . .

( The Switch selling like gangbusters and more or less kicking Sony off the entire island of Japan probably didn't help. )

I want to know what Naughty Dog’s next big single player project is going to be. Want Factions out of the way asap so they can get all hands on deck for that.

I want to know what Naughty Dog’s next big single player project is going to be. Want Factions out of the way asap so they can get all hands on deck for that.
Technically isn't their next project the PS5 remaster of TLOU?

Technically isn't their next project the PS5 remaster of TLOU?
I’m sure that’s also on the agenda but I’m waiting for whatever comes after Factions and any remasters.
Want to see what they can do with this new generation’s technology.

Ideally apart from any new IPs they might pursue, I'd like to see TLOU3 because there's definitely unfinished business there as well as another Uncharted game with Chloe, Nadine and Sam as a follow up to The Lost Legacy.

Ideally apart from any new IPs they might pursue, I'd like to see TLOU3 because there's definitely unfinished business there as well as another Uncharted game with Chloe, Nadine and Sam as a follow up to The Lost Legacy.
I would be massively up for any of those 3. A big new IP (there were some rumours of a fantasy IP a while back), TLOU3 or another full scale Uncharted game. The rest I consider fluff/starters in the lead up to those as the main course. :cwink:

Looks like it will be good, just missing first party day and date. Then it would be huge!

Was bound to happen, MS struck gold with their Game Pass.

Im fine with ps+ how it is now, but more is always better.
It comes down to the price and all.
Not a huge fan on the different "tiers" if its true, i think one for everyone would be more fair...but again, comes down to the price and all.

PS Pass would be great if you could play ps1 to ps3 games, using Ps4 and ps5 (while also getting the the entire Sony ps4 catalogue, while Sony ps5 games being streamable/downloadable after a year or so). It would solve backwards compatibility for every PS gen, and competing with XboX Game Pass. Literally hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.

This would change the landscape even more for those who are into online downloads/subscription service.

PS Pass would be great if you could play ps1 to ps3 games, using Ps4 and ps5 (while also getting the the entire Sony ps4 catalogue, while Sony ps5 games being streamable/downloadable after a year or so). It would solve backwards compatibility for every PS gen, and competing with XboX Game Pass. Literally hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.

This would change the landscape even more for those who are into online downloads/subscription service.
Wouldn't they need to get additional licenses to stream or offer most of the non-Sony games? Microsoft have come across this problem. It would be ideal otherwise to have all generations of old console games available within the streaming services of the console platforms.

Wouldn't they need to get additional licenses to stream or offer most of the non-Sony games? Microsoft have come across this problem. It would be ideal otherwise to have all generations of old console games available within the streaming services of the console platforms.
They would need to make an agreement for the third party games. But if they could offer all their 1st party games (all gen) in Ps Pass, that would be a big selling point. All those God of War, GT, Naughty Dog, ratchet/Clank, console eXclusives from SIE.

They would need to make an agreement for the third party games. But if they could offer all their 1st party games (all gen) in Ps Pass, that would be a big selling point. All those God of War, GT, Naughty Dog, ratchet/Clank, console eXclusives from SIE.
Yeah, would still be good. Hopefully they are working to make this happen.

I might go for the black one, and I've never really customized a console before but it's tempting because the PS5 looks really good in black, and I don't even mind the standard white look. I have a feeling that the black cover is going to be hard to secure at first since so many people were disappointed that the console wasn't black in the first place.

Has everyone in this thread who wanted a Ps5 gotten one? I managed to buy a second one this year earlier in the month.

hey guys, need a little help here my buddy has a ps5 with a noisy fan (the system was bought on launch day so over a year plus old). We first thought it was the issue where that label inside that holds down a wire was poking down and smacking the blades like we saw in a YT video. I took the fan out (but it was still plugged in) but that label was not there so we think he has a bad fan motor (he also cleaned out the fan blades with canned air). He wants to get a replacement fan we saw some that had 23 blades instead of the standard 17 is there a difference in cooling that one would have or is there a particular model # fan that would replace the OEM that would work better if so would you point me in the right direction, thanks in advance.

hey guys, need a little help here my buddy has a ps5 with a noisy fan (the system was bought on launch day so over a year plus old). We first thought it was the issue where that label inside that holds down a wire was poking down and smacking the blades like we saw in a YT video. I took the fan out (but it was still plugged in) but that label was not there so we think he has a bad fan motor (he also cleaned out the fan blades with canned air). He wants to get a replacement fan we saw some that had 23 blades instead of the standard 17 is there a difference in cooling that one would have or is there a particular model # fan that would replace the OEM that would work better if so would you point me in the right direction, thanks in advance.
What does the noise sound like, and is it only audible while playing PS5 games? If it's a buzzing sound and only during PS5 titles it's probably coil whine instead of the fan and there's no fixing it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"