Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Has everyone in this thread who wanted a Ps5 gotten one? I managed to buy a second one this year earlier in the month.
Are you keeping both or giving one to someone/selling the second?

I'm willing to try it out as long as the back catalogue is up to par. I will say that Sony has been good at keeping a lot of their staple titles from past generations like Uncharted and God of War available but it'd be cool to see a lot of third party games on there from the PS1-PS3 generations as well.

If I did, I would likely stop subbing to Xbox Gamepass. It would have to be either or. Don't seeing myself being able to afford and upkeep BOTH subscription services at the same time.
I think most gamers would be in that boat. I doubt many are going to sub to multiple platform sub programmes as well as publisher programmes like EA Play and Ubisoft +. More likely people who want to play everything will binge one, then cancel and move to another and binge that.

Last edited:
I think most gamers would be in that boat. I doubt many are going to sub to multiple platform sub programmes as well as publisher programmes like EA Play and Ubisoft +. More likely people who want to play everything will binge one, then cancel and move to another and binge that.

I dunno, depends on cost I think. Lets say hypothetically, Sony's one costs the same as Xbox (It won't but lets pretend).

For me, that means $15 aud per month x 2, so I'd be looking at $360 a year for both. That's probably still cheaper than doing just one sub a year ($180) and buying a single exclusive for the other console (Which is about $89 - $99 aud, depending on the platform).

That said, I can't see Sony being at the same price level or offering the same value. If they offer day one exclusives, it's gonna be expensive.

Thanks for the views all, I was interested to see appetite for it.

Sony should welcome Xbox Game Pass onto PlayStation 5

Honestly think that’d be a great counter move by Sony

I'd honestly be surprised if that ever happened. Sony would be completely against the optics of that. Having worked with Sony the company on a few jobs, I can say their incredibly resistant to most collaboration. Even internal collabs with their own studios take upwards of 12+ months just for all the approvals. But they've been known to turn down many opportunities just because Xbox was somehow also involved. So it would be an incredible turnaround on their corporate ethos to work with them on this now.

Sounds bad but not in the end of the world.

Like I said in the other thread, they need to make a big acquisition as well. If these recent buyouts from Microsoft worked 5 to 10 years from now, it could really hurt Sony. So they should as well buy big companies for the long term of their console before XboX catches up to PlayStation.

Take 2
Capcom
Square EniX
Konami

Any of those are more appealing to me than Bethesda and Activision/Blizzard, and would be a great addition to Sony.

I expect it to be just like the Bethesda deal.

Any game that is currently in development for multi plats will honor the contractual agreements. Like Diablo IV. That will likely remain multi plat.

Same with any current multi-player game that will continue to be in service. Like Elder Scrolls Online. So, I guess COD Warzone would likely fit that bill?

The big question is what will happen to any new, unannounced future games from Activision/Blizzard, like COD next year of Diablo V? If it follows the Bethesda pattern, I would expect those games to start being exclusive to Xbox/PC.

So, if I were Sony, I would NOT operate under the wishful thinking that popular Activision/Blizzard franchises will remain multi-plat forever.

Sounds bad but not in the end of the world.

Like I said in the other thread, they need to make a big acquisition as well. If these recent buyouts from Microsoft worked 5 to 10 years from now, it could really hurt Sony. So they should as well buy big companies for the long term of their console before XboX catches up to PlayStation.

Take 2
Capcom
Square EniX
Konami

Any of those are more appealing to me than Bethesda and Activision/Blizzard, and would be a great addition to Sony.
Same here.

Sony buying Square and Capcom alone would mean more to me than any of the Xbox acquisitions so far. Likewise, if MS were to buy those companies, that would be a bigger deal to me than Bethesda and Activision/Blizzard, which would definitely cause me to rethink my preferred platform.

CoD Warzone I reckon should stay multiplat. Also this deal could take a long time to close. They said they expect it to be done within the next fiscal year for Microsoft so it could be as late as summer 2023.

Same here.

Sony buying Square and Capcom alone would mean more to me than any of the Xbox acquisitions so far. Likewise, if MS were to buy those companies, that would be a bigger deal to me than Bethesda and Activision/Blizzard, which would definitely cause me to rethink my preferred platform.
Yeah, right now I don't feel like I'm missing out from Microsoft owning ActiVision and Bethesda simply because I don't play their current ips.

But if this was like Take 2 or Capcom or Wb Games, I would need to reconsider owning a Series X.

Fortunately or me I can afford to own both a PS5 and XBSX (once a unicorn shirts one out and I can aquire it) but I also don't like the idea of making these games/companies exclusive to either Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. They can keep their first party IP to themselves but other IP should not be locked away by exclusives.

It's too early to tell since the purchase only just happened but I still can't see Xbox Series X/S sales catching up to PS5 anytime soon.

It's too early to tell since the purchase only just happened but I still can't see Xbox Series X/S sales catching up to PS5 anytime soon.

I think it's all relative. I mean Microsoft just announced hitting 25 million Game Pass members. They're playing an altogether different game.

I don’t see PS continuing to have future COD games. Yeah maybe the ones that are in development but the games 2-3 years from now will definitely be Xbox only

It’s Time for Sony to revive old shooters like Killzone Resistance and SOCOM and maybe even develop newer IPs that are FPS

He specifically mentions COD games which I could care less about. Never played any of them, have no interest, but Activision/Blizzard is far more than COD or Warcraft or a handful of other big name IPs he failed to namecheck as safe from monopolizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"