Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

It sounds like it was more the retailers (specifically Walmart) who jumped the gun and caused the mess than it was Sony.

Yes, Sony should have given more of a headsup for the preorders beyond a day. I figured they would say preorders go live that Friday, which would have been two days at least. But Sony did say preorders would go live the next day (though that's something they should have announced in the show itself, not just through a tweet).

So, unless Sony was the one who gave the retailers the go ahead to start preorders a day early, I am putting most of the blame on the retailers themselves.

So I should be all ready to go for day 1 now. I just order my games today to go with my system spiderman mm ultimate edition, watch dogs legion and going to order godfall but waiting has I don't know like what the expansion thing is going to be like and maybe we will get more details on that later. So yeah those will be my 3 games for day 1. Got a few other games I will get in first few months. Also order a controller.

So I should be all ready to go for day 1 now. I just order my games today to go with my system spiderman mm ultimate edition, watch dogs legion and going to order godfall but waiting has I don't know like what the expansion thing is going to be like and maybe we will get more details on that later. So yeah those will be my 3 games for day 1. Got a few other games I will get in first few months. Also order a controller.
nice!

I'm waiting on Godfall, too. Gameplay looks fun, but I want to know if there will be any kind of character creation or are we playing with set, pre-determined characters. They really haven't said much about that.

Plus, I have enough to keep me occupied Day 1, since I just preordered DMC5 Special Edition. So, I feel like I can wait till Godfall goes on sale. Also, it's actually a good thing Kena was delayed to next year......haha.

I have Miles Morales ultimate edition pre ordered as well as Cyberpunk. really can't decide on AC Valhalla. I mean, I could do it, but i'm already gonna be busy with Cyberpunk once i complete Miles.

nice!

I'm waiting on Godfall, too. Gameplay looks fun, but I want to know if there will be any kind of character creation or are we playing with set, pre-determined characters. They really haven't said much about that.

Plus, I have enough to keep me occupied Day 1, since I just preordered DMC5 Special Edition. So, I feel like I can wait till Godfall goes on sale. Also, it's actually a good thing Kena was delayed to next year......haha.

The amount of games I have between September and the end of the year is crazy like 9 games not all ps5 some are switch games. Been playing Tony hawk 1-2 the last few weeks Tony hawk games are some of my all time favorite games before they started to suck. Also now playing the Mario 3d collection never really played the Mario 3d games before. Thing is it could have been even higher but Kenna got pushed to next year and so did Lego starwars Luke saga lol.

Not really much more than expected given how big games on the current gen already can be. That SSD is going to fill up superfast.

Not really much more than expected given how big games on the current gen already can be. That SSD is going to fill up superfast.
I'm definitely going to be upgrading the storage early on this gen. The storage it has built in just won't be enough.

I'm definitely going to be upgrading the storage early on this gen. The storage it has built in just won't be enough.
Yeah, I think most regular gamers will need to early enough, unless they are super organised with hard drive management. Have they said how much the additional storage is going to cost?

Yeah, I think most regular gamers will need to early enough, unless they are super organised with hard drive management. Have they said how much the additional storage is going to cost?
A low end ssd nvme of 1tb is at least 100-150.

Ones that are acceptable for PS5, as far as i know, haven't really made it to market in mass yet. So I'm expecting twice that amount or more depending on which online site you go to.

Once that PS5 hits home. Expect those SSD NVMe PCIe 4.0 price to hike up. There's just not enough in the market. So best to get some now.

A 500GB one is somewhere between 75-100. And they the size of a stick of gum so make sure you're careful with it.

Last edited:
Target.com apparently had some preorders up earlier but sold out in less than two minutes. I wonder if these retail sites should consider putting up captcha to stop these scalper bots from depleting the entire supply so quickly.

Target.com apparently had some preorders up earlier but sold out in less than two minutes. I wonder if these retail sites should consider putting up captcha to stop these scalper bots from depleting the entire supply so quickly.
They should.

The best way to combat scalpers is not buying the product for more than the retail price. And wait patiently. But yunno, some people just want it and want it now. Lol. So...

PlayStation 5 Games List
Aragami 2 – Early 2021*
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Nov 12, 2020 *
Astro’s Playroom – Nov 12, 2020
Balan Wonderworld – March 26, 2021*
Black Legend – TBA *
Braid Anniversary Edition – Early 2021*
Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead – 2020*
Bugsnax – Holiday 2020 *
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – November 13*
Call of Duty: Warzone – Launch *
Chivalry 2 – TBA*
Chorus – 2021 *
Control: Ultimate Edition – Holiday 2020 digital/Early 2021 physical *
Cris Tales – Nov 17, 2020*
Cyberpunk 2077 – Nov 19, 2020 *
Dead by Daylight – Holiday 2020 *
Destiny 2: Beyond Light – Nov 12, 2020 *
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition – Nov 12, 2020
DEATHLOOP – Q2 2021
Demon’s Souls – Nov 12, 2020
Destruction AllStars – Nov 12, 2020
Dirt 5 – TBa*
DOOM Eternal – TBA*
Far Cry 6 – Feb 18, 2021 *
Final Fantasy XVI – TBA
Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach – TBA
Foreclosed – 2021 *
Fortnite – Launch *
GhostWire: Tokyo – 2021
God of War Ragnarök is Coming – 2021
Godfall – November 12, 2020
Goodbye Volcano High – 2021 *
Gotham Knights – 2021 *
Gran Turismo 7 – TBA
GRAVEN – 2021 *
GTA V/GTA Online – 2021 *
Guilty Gear Strive – 2021 *
Haven – 2020 *
Heavenly Bodies – 2021 *
Hitman 3 – Jan 2021 *
Hogwarts Legacy – 2021 *

Hood: Outlaws & Legends – 2021 *
Horizon Forbidden West – 2021 *
Immortals Fenyx Rising – Dec 3, 2020 *
In Sound Mind – 2021
JETT: The Far Shore – 2021 *
Just Dance 2021 – Nov 12, 2020 *
Kena: Bridge of Spirits – 2021 *
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga – Spring 2021 *
Little Devil Inside – TBA *
Little Nightmares II – 2021 *
Maquette – 2020 *
Marvel’s Avengers – Launch *
Marvel’s Spider-Man – Nov 12, 2020/Nov 19, 2020 *
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – Nov 12, 2020/Nov 19, 2020 *
MicroMan – 2021
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom – TBA *
NBA 2K21 – Launch *
Nour: Play With Your Food – TBA
Observer: System Redux – Nov 12, 2020*
Oddworld: Soulstorm – TBA *
Outriders – Dec 2020 *
Overcooked: All You Can Eat – 2020
Override 2: Super Mech League – December 1, 2020 *
Party Crasher Simulator – July 1, 2021 *
Pragmata – 2022
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake – Jan 21, 2021 *
Project Athia (working title) – TBA
PsyHotel Simulator – 2021
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 – TBA *
Quantum Error – TBA *
Rainbox Six Siege – Launch window *
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – Launch window
Recompile – 2020 *
Resident Evil Village – 2021
Returnal – TBA
Ride 4 – Jan 2021 *
Riders Republic – Feb 25, 2021 *
Sackboy: A Big Adventure – Nov 12, 2020 *
Scarlet Nexus – TBA*
Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One – 2021 *
Solar Ash – 2021 *
Stray – 2021 *
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League – 2022
Temtem – Jan 2021
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum – 2021
The Pathless – 2020 *
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – TBA *
Tribes of Midgard – 2021*
Ultimate Fishing Simulator 2 – 2021 *
Unknown 9: Awakening – 2021
Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 – 2021 *
Watch Dogs: Legion – TBA*
Worms Rumble – TBA *

* - Available to ps4

List from Playstation Lifestyle.

I bolded the ones i plan to get on PS5|4.

Last edited:
The best way to combat scalpers is not buying the product for more than the retail price. And wait patiently. But yunno, some people just want it and want it now. Lol. So...
Imagine some idiot stuck with 20 PS5s that he couldn’t sell lol. I wish people would do this.

:dry:

I wish they cared more about BC, especially when they have such an amazing library that could then be played from day 1.
It is disappointing. As you said, the Playstations have such a rich library and legacy of games. It would have been ideal to be able to play all on one machine.

With that being said, it ultimately isn't a dealbreaker for me. With the PS5, I am more looking forward to the future games than looking back on the past. Especially as I don't game a whole lot anyways. I'm just glad PS5 has PS4 BC because THAT would have given me concern.

I can always buy a used PS3 or even a used PS2 if I want to play games from those past gen. With my current setup in my bedroom, I don't really have the room for extra consoles. However, a project I may tackle next year would be to clean out another room in my house and dedicate that to an actual gaming/media room. If I do that, I'll make sure to factor in room for adding in older consoles and maybe then I can build up a Playstation collection spanning all 5 gens.

Rumor: Metal Gear Solid PS5 Remake in the Works as Console Exclusive

I find Phantom Pain to be one of the most overrated games as I just didn't have fun playing it. But I would also buy this. Crazy how Sony refuses Backward Compatibility so people like me have to deal with remakes but its fine as long as the remakes/remasters are good. That being said, ps4/5 games have to be backwards compatible to ps6/7/8/9/10.

It is disappointing. As you said, the Playstations have such a rich library and legacy of games. It would have been ideal to be able to play all on one machine.

With that being said, it ultimately isn't a dealbreaker for me. With the PS5, I am more looking forward to the future games than looking back on the past. Especially as I don't game a whole lot anyways. I'm just glad PS5 has PS4 BC because THAT would have given me concern.

I can always buy a used PS3 or even a used PS2 if I want to play games from those past gen. With my current setup in my bedroom, I don't really have the room for extra consoles. However, a project I may tackle next year would be to clean out another room in my house and dedicate that to an actual gaming/media room. If I do that, I'll make sure to factor in room for adding in older consoles and maybe then I can build up a Playstation collection spanning all 5 gens.
That generations stuff I thought was a reference to BC so it’s annoying it didn’t end up amounting to anything beyond PS4, although it does sound like the extent of PS4 coverage is much better than I expected. I think part of the reason for avoiding BC, even if it were more straightforward to make happen, is that it means they can sell the games digitally instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"