The Optical Illusions Game

Many of the sidewalk chalk art can only be seen from one angle - the angle that the photographer took the picture. But here, we get a rare view from the side to see the incredible perspective. Quick - before you scroll down the page to see the chalk globe from a different perspective, take a guess at how long the globe would actually have to be in order for the illuion to work!

julianbeeverglobechalkon1.jpg

chalkglobefromsidero4.jpg

now all i can see is a green ring floating around

The funny thing is that there is no green ball on the square. The color combination and the speed of the disappearing purple balls is fooling your brain into seeing green.

freakouteyes.gif

This is merely the negative and positive image flashing back and forth with a millimeter shift in the images.

Another 3D image using the same principle.

shiva.gif

A home-made'n.

birdillusiongi0.png

Stare at the space between the bird and the cage for a while. Then slowly move your head toward the screen, while still staring at the space.

yellowdotdisappear42893.gif

Concentrate on the center of the image. After a while, the three yellow dots should disappear.

These are cool. An artist rendered drawings that could only be seen properly when distorted by a mirrored cylinder.

cylinder5.jpg

cylinder2.jpg

cylinder3.jpg

Shouldn't we change the thread name to "The Vomit Inducing Picture Thread"? :csad:

-- FunBob

rollingmovingspotsdu4.gif

This is another one that I find to be pretty incredible. The animated image above shows three cylinders that appear to move up and down, and as they move up and down, it looks like they are moving to the right. This effect is enhanced if you are looking at the cylinders from the side. Yes, they are moving up and down, but they are moving perfectly in a verticl line. They aren't moving to the right even one pixel!

Why does this work? Well, in your peripheral vision, your mind is more trained to recognize motion that straight on, so perhaps that's why it works better when you look at it from the side. Also, the bigger the illusion the better. In this next box, you'll see the same animated image, but it's much smaller, and the effect isn't quite as good, but you may still find that it's slightly noticeable.

Inverted Castle
[YT]w6ccBwnc5KU[/YT]
Glass Illusion
[YT]pBZjQEdcRfA[/YT]

Pretty cool 3D Illusion.

dino.gif

AHHHHHHHHHHH! That f#ckin' dinosaur is going to eat me!!!

This is a cool thread. But you know what I hate? Those 'Magic Eye' pictures. I could never see the image hidden in them, never.

AHHHHHHHHHHH! That f#ckin' dinosaur is going to eat me!!!

This is a cool thread. But you know what I hate? Those 'Magic Eye' pictures. I could never see the image hidden in them, never.
Yeah, If I watch that I would get really sick, literally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"