The Other History of the DC Universe - John Ridley Miniseries

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
DTWlWJaX4AACHeg.jpg

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...he-other-history-of-dc-universe-in-new-series
Today, DC announces Oscar-winning screenwriter John Ridley (12 Years a Slave, Let It Fall) will examine the DC mythology with a compelling new literary comics miniseries, THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE. The story will analyze iconic DC moments and chart sociopolitical gains through the perspectives of DC Super Heroes who come from traditionally disenfranchised groups, including John Stewart, Extraño, Vixen, Supergirl, Katana and Rene Montoya among others. At its core, the series focuses on the lives of those behind the costumes, and their endeavors to overcome real-world issues.

“I could not be more excited by the opportunity to excavate the canon of the DC Universe through a vast array of characters who’ve earned their seat at the table,” explains Ridley. “I’m very impressed with DC's commitment to making their history as reverent and urgent as it is engaging and entertaining for all its many fans.”

THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE isn’t about saving the world, it’s about having the strength to simply be who you are.
The spelling of Montoya's name is curious. Wonder if it's just a typo, though I doubt it.

Surely it is a typo.

If it was a report from another site, rather than a press release straight from DC, I'd assume that was the case, and it probably is regardless. But a small part of me wonders if, in this particular story, Ridley might gender-swap Montoya into being a gay man.

Guess we'll know when he talks more about it, presumably at this event in Washington D.C. this weekend.

Eh, typos in official statements are not unheard of. :oldrazz:

Gender-swapping Renee to a man would create an outrage. I would definitely be unahppy.

The spelling of Montoya's name is curious. Wonder if it's just a typo, though I doubt it.

My guess is it's a typo. With the current climate regarding representation of women in comics I'd be very surprised if they gender-swapped her. Good spot on that though - many I think, would have missed it!

Interesting premise, though I do hope they add more heroes like Vibe, Blue Beetle and Black Lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"