DC Launches New "He-Man and The Masters of The Universe" Comic"!

DC Launching New 'Masters of The Universe' Monthly Series In April

Graeme McMillan said:
After testing the waters with digital releases, one-shots and a mini-series, DC Entertainment has announced that it's ready to move to Eternia full-time starting in Spring, as Keith Giffen and Pop Mhan use the Power of Grayskull to launch an all-new Masters of The Universe monthly series.

The new series follows on from a series of digital comics featuring the work of such creators as Geoff Johns, Kyle Higgins, Mike Costa and Jeff Parker that DC has been releasing since June last year, as well as a print mini by James Robinson, Giffen and Philip Tan that launched in July. This new series could even be considered a homecoming of sorts for He-Man and friends with the publisher, considering that the Mattel characters' first comic book appearances (outside of the mini-comics packaged with the action figures themselves) came in 1982's DC Comics Presents #47, in a story that teamed He-Man and Superman against Skeletor, memorably titled "From Eternia -- With Death!"

The first issue of Giffen and Mhan's series appears devoid of Superman cameos, sadly, although MTV Geek's report does promise that it will see the return of She-Ra. Admittedly, it's a She-Ra who appears to have switched sides and gained a new name -- Despera -- in the process, which I'm not so onboard with. Sounds like someone isn't worthy of the Sword of Protection just yet...

Masters of The Universe #1 is released this April.

Admittedly, it's a She-Ra who appears to have switched sides and gained a new name -- Despera -- in the process, which I'm not so onboard with. Sounds like someone isn't worthy of the Sword of Protection just yet...

Huh? That sounds weird.

Anybody read the mini? Any good?

Variant cover issue #3: http://dave-wilkins.deviantart.com/art/Heman-MOTU-cover-3-307170828

heman_motu_cover_3_by_dave_wilkins-d52vqj0.jpg
A giant Mer-Man?

i hope if they consdiring makeing a he-man moive thattheywould make a he-man and maser of the univser video game they were going to make one couple years aog but they never made it they made one for i phone it looked like old school nintendo.

That's some very good art.

i hope if they consdiring makeing a he-man moive thattheywould make a he-man and maser of the univser video game they were going to make one couple years aog but they never made it they made one for i phone it looked like old school nintendo.

I'd like to see a new He-Man film trilogy but I'm not sure I'd want it right now, mostly because I fear it would end up being really crappy like the Michael Bay Transformer films (don't care how much money they made those films were still crap) and I'd rather have no new He-Man films than bad ones.

well um that ending sucked more than a $5 hooker with a buy on get one free special

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"