'The Passion of the Christ' (2 Disc 'Re-release with EXTRAS!)

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
Finally this movie is being re-released with a full 2nd disc of extra, including the awesome theatrical trailer wihish i love because of the score that went with it.

Re-released on Jan 30th......:woot: :heart:

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Christ-Two-Disc-Definitive/dp/B000K7VHJQ/sr=1-1/qid=1169942957/ref=sr_1_1/105-0525640-7810021?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

DVD Features:
Available Subtitles: English, Spanish
Available Audio Tracks: English (DTS 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), (Dolby Digital 5.1)
Disc 1:
Menus - Drissi
Feature Video
Passion Re-Cut (seamlessly branched)
Filmmaker Commentary with Mel Gibson, Caleb Deschanel, and John Wright (original cut only)
Production Commentary withStephen McEveety, Ted Rae and Keith Vanderlaan (original cut only)
Theologian Commentary with MelGibson, Father William J. Fulco, Gerry Matatics, and Father John Bartunek (original cut only)
Music Commentary with John Debney (Selected scenes)
Disc 2:
Menus - Drissi
By His Wounds we are Healed: The Making of the Passion of the Christ
Intro & Script Evolution
Language Barriers
Finding Jerusalem
Artistic Inspiration
The Right Role
Evil Personified
Tailoring a perfect fit
The Director
Grace in Photography
Make up and Visual Effects
The Earthquake
The Crucifixion
Jim Surrerning
Breaking the Tension
Wrapping Production
The Cutting Room
The Score
Designing the Sound Effects
Guerilla Marketing
Spiritual Journey
"Below the Line" Panel
The Legacy
Paths of the Journey
On Language
Anno Domini
Crucifixion: Punishment in the Ancient World
Through the Ages
Deleted Scenes:
Pilate
Don't Cry
Galleries:
Production Art
Historical Texts
Art Images
Theatrical Trailer

Wow, what great enthusiasm to the release of this flick. :rolleyes:

Just wasn't a fan of it. I liked the opening, and not much else. Apocalypto was a big step up.

Not that a big a fan of the movie. It had some poignant moments and I loved (and own) the score, but I have no desire to add it to my movie library.

As a Catholic and a believer in Jesus's existence, I have little desire to see the movie. I don't know if I can stomach seeing someone I feel so strongly about being brutalized in such a fashion. Plus, Gibson has gone down in my eyes, for obvious reasons.

Outtakes/deleted scenes: Jesus comes back from the dead and kills all that make fun of his socks with sandals

As a Catholic and a believer in Jesus's existence, I have little desire to see the movie. I don't know if I can stomach seeing someone I feel so strongly about being brutalized in such a fashion. Plus, Gibson has gone down in my eyes, for obvious reasons.

What? Bashing people while drunk that bashed him way more beforehand while they were totally sobre?

Anyways, I really wish this had an actors commentary on it, but I can't wait to own it.
This is tied with The Return of the King for my favorite film of all time, and I've been anxiously awaiting a features packed dvd for the past 2 years+.

There was nothing wrong with the movie.
It was brilliant, but I'll never watch it again.

I can't stand the constant torture of Jesus.
The flogging scene is terrible to my eyes.
After I watched that movie, I was anti-Italian and anti-Jewish for a couple of days, because they were sons of b****es to Jesus.

:up: :up:

What? Bashing people while drunk that bashed him way more beforehand while they were totally sobre?

Anyways, I really wish this had an actors commentary on it, but I can't wait to own it.

I never understood why so many people just dislike Mel Gibson.
What did he do that was SO wrong?

I think it is stupid as hell. :down

People do what he does all the time. He was drunk and didn't mean it, and apologized profusely for it. And they blame Mel for his dad's obvious anti-semitism. The Jewish community needs to move on. His apology wasn't good enough?? BS.

Anyway, as a totally non-religious person who favors agnosticism, I loved this movie. Well made and compelling, brutal, it successfully strikes the emotional level.

Nothing personal, but i really hate it when people throw this excuse out there. Since Mel is a Catholic and he made this from a Catholics point of view, then if even a fellow Catholic, like yourself, doesn't like it, then the movie must be a piece of crap..*tsk*, *tsk* to you.... :csad:

Nothing personal, but i really hate it when people throw this excuse out there. Since Mel is a Catholic and he made this from a Catholics point of view, then if even a fellow Catholic, like yourself, doesn't like it, then the movie must be a piece of crap..*tsk*, *tsk* to you.... :csad:

I can assure you that I am not knocking the quallity of the movie. I'm sure it's a very well made movie in terms of directing, plot and writing. My qualm is the subject matter. As I said, I am a Catholic. I don't believe in every story in The Bible, but I do believe in Jesus's existence very strongly and value many of his teachings, and to see him brutalized in such a fashion is too disturbing for me to view.

Obviously, you're probably not a Catholic, so you might have an easier time watching this movie. However, I myself haven't been able to bring myself to view it, for reasons I've stated. If I want to see Jesus's crucifixtion onscreen, I'll watch Ben-Hur, which gives a totally nonviolent but far more compelling and moving depiction of it.

This is tied with The Return of the King for my favorite film of all time, and I've been anxiously awaiting a features packed dvd for the past 2 years+.

While I do agree that the Jewish community did react a bit too strongly (like it or not, they did play a part in the story), it still doesn't justify the comments Mel made, drunk or not. Racism, whether it's brought out of anger, alcohol or simply mean to be humorous, is still a serious matter. Yes, Mel apologized, and yes, we should forgive and forget. But it doesn't justify his comments.

People do what he does all the time. He was drunk and didn't mean it, and apologized profusely for it. And they blame Mel for his dad's obvious anti-semitism. The Jewish community needs to move on. His apology wasn't good enough?? BS.

Anyway, as a totally non-religious person who favors agnosticism, I loved this movie. Well made and compelling, brutal, it successfully strikes the emotional level.

Thank You. :up:
I am glad that I wasn't the only one who thought that the Mel Gibson "controversy" is stupid as hell.

I thought that Passion gave a very compelling and moving depiction of the crucifixition. It was as close as it could get to the real thing.

I'm not saying it didn't, but I thought the violence, even if it was that bloody in the actual event (if it did even happen, which I think it did), was unneeded. Why any Catholic, no matter how devout they are, would want to see Jesus Christ treated in such a vicious manner, whether it happened or not, is something I cannot and probably never will be able to understand.

Yeah,I can't watch this again.
It really ****s me up in the head. :down :csad: And I really don't want to own it.

I'm not saying it didn't, but I thought the violence, even if it was that bloody in the actual event (if it did even happen, which I think it did), was unneeded. Why any Catholic, no matter how devout they are, would want to see Jesus Christ treated in such a vicious manner, whether it happened or not, is something I cannot and probably never will be able to understand.

The vicious manner is the reason why I will not watch this movie again.

I am glad that I did watch it, though. It was very powerful, very necessary, and maximized my Christian belief alot more, because many Christians think that they know what Jesus went through, but after seeing this film, they will definitely know, as they are seeing but a taste of what He really went through.

I love Mel Gibson's movies, and yes this was a good movie, but do we really need a 2 disc version?

All I have to say it Apolcypto better get a 2 disc version.

Passion Of The Christ 2: Jesus Ain't Going Out Like a B!tch.

I'm really interested in how the film was made and if there was anything else weird that happened on the set.

For example, I remember rumors/news spreading that Jim Cazveal was struck by lightning?!!! That's definitely weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"