The Punisher TV series

knightofistari

Civilian
Reaction score
does anyone think that a Punisher TV series might do better then the movies?

So far, judging from the 04 Punisher and TPWZ turnouts....Punisher doesn't do well in movie theatres.

I was thinking that as a TV series it might do better since you can do an origin and properly add all the layers of what and who the Punisher is, instead of attempting to streamline things as movies are forced to do.

Don't get me wrong, I know it wouldn't have near as good violence as a movie but adequate enough as long as there was good characterization and good storylines

I think it could be a hard hitting gritty crime drama.

What are your thoughts?

I think it could do well, if it was disturbing and violent without showing that much. Sorta like the video game with the last movie...it had some violence (maybe more than itd be for tv) but when he would do something really rough to someone, the camera would pan away.

When you see what they get away with on The Shield, absolutely.

the MAX series has more than enough material for a couple seasons. It can be done.

the MAX series has more than enough material for a couple seasons. It can be done.

I'm glad I'm getting some positive feedback. I honestly think that Punisher would make a pretty darn good TV series and probably bring the character in better popularity....

if they do it on FX or HBO and if its done right then it could revive interest...especially if Stevenson signs on

it would have to be a frame by frame adaptation of the MAX Series though...im sure that material alone could last one season and after that it could go into original stuff.

yea an HBO series would be great.....

weekly frank!!!

to good to be true ,

i always said , the punisher would work better as a series.......

That would be a dream come true for me, especially if they get Stevenson on board.

Anyone seen the clips of the new Hulk VS animated DVD?

Particularly the Wolverine episode?

Now tell me they couldn't take the same approach with a series of Punisher shows?

They could release them like Manga Video used to do, making the whole series available, or go to one of the quirkier networks (MTV,Sci-FI, Gonzo) and air anR-rated animated series.

yeah this will never happen and it's ashame.

Hollywood has ripped on this movie PWZ so bad.,,,, no one will touch it on a TV series.

I would have loved to see it though with Kurt Sutter directing & writing it.
on FX

I love "sons of anarchy" and the "Shield" too bad that the other writers fought him on the PWZ.

he never would have made the villian corney.

oh yeah if it did somehow manage to get a TV series you need Ray.

but I'm sure TJ needs a paycheck these days,,LOL!

With word of a Moon Knight tv show in the works, we can at least hope our favorite vigilante makes a guest appearance.

TJ's doing great, especially with the amount of work he's got going.

I actually like the idea of Punisher having a show, although I feel its best if its on HBO or Showtime just to get the right level of violence. It doesn't have to be real graphic but Id like to see some violence that would probably wouldn't allowed to be on tv. Id also hope that the writers would waste the great potential with an hour show like this but I'm sure The Punisher wouldn't get fair treatment

You can go pretty far on FX, hell I even recall seeing a pretty decent looking head shot on an episode of Prison Break.

You know, violence doesn't have to be something that's written on to the treatment. That attitude is what keeps making the movies so damn ******ed.

It's a straight ahead concept. he hates criminals. He kills them. What's interesting is how the criminals react to him and how he reacts to the criminals. You can't do that in a two hour movie, you need to build it over a whole series, keeping it to a ten episode arc with a couple of distinct stories that tie together. Or even an extended mini series with 5 or 6 episodes.

The violence should always serve the story and, as Taken proves, you can be violent without being gory. When I saw Rambo, as much as it's realistic in its depiction of what gunfire does to the human body but, in that context, it was camp and pretty silly.

Can we have a good story BEFORE we consider blood-letting.

I actually like the idea of Punisher having a show, although I feel its best if its on HBO or Showtime just to get the right level of violence. It doesn't have to be real graphic but Id like to see some violence that would probably wouldn't allowed to be on tv. Id also hope that the writers would waste the great potential with an hour show like this but I'm sure The Punisher wouldn't get fair treatment
Im hoping for HBO because you can use the cast members of the Sopranos as villains.

I would prefer FX. You can get away with a lot on FX.

dft-313 - Which version of Taken did you see? The PG-13 or the European cut of the movie? We watched the European cut and it is extremely violent and shows a lot. it doesn't go over the top like Lexi did with PWZ, but it shows bullet hits and knife cuts.

Let's see-Blade was a successful film that spawned two sequels & its TV show was 86'ed just when it was really getting good. Punisher has failed in Hollywood 3 times-no, I don't see it happening. At least not anytime soon.

there has to be SOMETHING us fans can do to give Frank the treatment he deserves.....

Frank has failed to launch-not once, not twice, but THREE times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"