Transformers The Reviews Thread

I'm not around much and might've missed it :p Good or bad? All I'd like to know lol

star man?

ur serious?

Oh yeah. Sci-fi + love story-- hard to do. John Carpenter is a genius (The Thing, Escape from New York, Christine, Big Trouble, They Live... and more). Too bad he's fallen off in recent years.

And, BTW, Jeff Bridges received an Oscar Nomination for Best Actor because of this movie. :wow: Something Ben Affleck wished he got for Armageddon and Pearl Harbor. :woot:

I'm not around much and might've missed it :p Good or bad? All I'd like to know lol

Highly underrated. But it seems that morning time in NYC is not the time to be discussing such highbrow stuff on The Hype. Based on yesterday's experience I'm scared. :csad:
:ninja:

Highly underrated. But it seems that morning time in NYC is not the time to be discussing such highbrow stuff on The Hype. Based on yesterday's experience I'm scared. :csad:
:ninja:

I'll second that. A.I is one of those must have DVD's IMO, high re-view value in that one.

Tonight's the night, I was a bit disapointed in your first response to TF Cflash. I really hope I'll manage to overlook some of the setbacks of this movie and find enjoyment in it. Then again I love Armageddon, The Rock and Bad Boys. I might be dumb enough to love TF as well :cwink:

A.I was a good movie but could've been better. Well , alot better. I almost fell asleep.
Thanks CFlash :) I respect you more now ... good to know that you like different styles of movie and when I read your review of TF ... alot makes sense.

Oh yeah. Sci-fi + love story-- hard to do. John Carpenter is a genius (The Thing, Escape from New York, Christine, Big Trouble, They Live... and more). Too bad he's fallen off in recent years.

And, BTW, Jeff Bridges received an Oscar Nomination for Best Actor because of this movie. :wow: Something Ben Affleck wished he got for Armageddon and Pearl Harbor. :woot:

lol my bad

i thought ur were refering to

Star%20Kid%20E.jpg

btw bridges received an "oscar worthy role" on paper in that movie...
"Something Ben Affleck wished he got for Armageddon and Pearl Harbor....on paper:woot:"

indeed

Don't know if anyone noticed with all the gushing going on. But Transformers took another dip at Rotten Tomatoes. It's now and likely will stay at 57%... firmly in the rotten category.

Not saying it matters or anything. :dry:

Don't know if anyone noticed with all the gushing going on. But Transformers took another dip at Rotten Tomatoes. It's now and likely will stay at 57%... firmly in the rotten category.

Cream of the crop 72%...better than both SM3 and Pirates 3 in that area.

You're forgetting to include...

Cream of the Crop (official critics) - 72%
Users (out of 900 reviews) - 84%

Cream of the crop 72%...better than both SM3 and Pirates 3 in that area.

True. Remarkable (and rare I think?) difference between the tomatometer and Cream of the Crop. Interesting.

Actual critics like it, rotten internet guys don't... thought it would be the opposite.

But, for once they actually got it right! Transformers was a really amazing film, I'll let them slide on the rating- they missed one with BB as well (60s???!!!!! That should be high 90s or 100!)- at least they knew it was 'fresh'.

most of the critics have more to say about there discontent with bay...and or how childish transformers is as a concept as far as hollywood standards...the negatives anyway...

critics with an agenda...

that explains the "remarkable" difference

even saying its simply entertaining would be putting their foots in their mouths..

ebert surprised me tho
and so did Moriarty

I saw the positive Ebert review coming from a mile away... he always aims at reviewing a movie based on what it sets out to do and whether or not it achieves and that and just through the clips, trailers, etc. I knew that it would. :up:

CFlash and I had a disagreement a while ago about the possibility of how his review may turn out, due to Ebert not giving three of his films decent reviews... but, I always had a feeling that it would turn out positive. God, I love being right! But, hey- it's cool, no biggie...

Anyways, here's a cool key introduction he had that really stands out:

Now I have fans who say, "We are so sorry, Michael Bay, you still suck but we love you." That's what the director of "Transformers" told Simon Ang during an interview in Seoul. He could have been speaking for me. I think Michael Bay sometimes sucks ("Pearl Harbor," "Armageddon," "Bad Boys II") but I find it possible to love him for a movie like "Transformers."

*** out of 4 stars.

I saw the positive Ebert review coming from a mile away... he always aims at reviewing a movie based on what it sets out to do and whether or not it achieves and that and just through the clips, trailers, etc. I knew that it would. :up:

CFlash and I had a disagreement a while ago about the possibility of how his review may turn out, due to Ebert not giving three of his films decent reviews... but, I always had a feeling that it would turn out positive. God, I love being right! But, hey- it's cool, no biggie...

Now I have fans who say, "We are so sorry, Michael Bay, you still suck but we love you." That's what the director of "Transformers" told Simon Ang during an interview in Seoul. He could have been speaking for me. I think Michael Bay sometimes sucks ("Pearl Harbor," "Armageddon," "Bad Boys II") but I find it possible to love him for a movie like "Transformers."

*** out of 4 stars.

That is true. And I give it up to you. :up: :yay:

*** out of 4 stars.
i loved armageddon and bb2 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"