The official Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen movie critics review thread

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by S.A.A.D., Jun 13, 2009.

1. mclay18 Registered

The thing is, TDK wasn't packed with action. The director used smaller visual effects houses like Double Negative, BUF and Gentle Giant studios for special effects shots to keep costs down. A movie like TF-2 demands a high-quality CGI house like ILM or WETA and a high budget.

The thing is, a movie with lots of action and little else rings hollow. I can't remember a recent movie that was great solely because of the action factor.

2. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

Yikes, another negative review that doesn't mince words from murmur.com....

3. J.Howlett Guest

Sarge,

It's barely mentioned. Again, we get endless assaults on Michael Bay whenever he makes a film. Here's a novel idea...if you know the kind of films he makes and it turns you off, don't freaking go. No one is making you!

For the love of God, everyone, including me loved The Hangover this year. Is the humor in that film any more different than the humor in this film? And yet, one gets celebrated because it's in an R movie and the other gets destroyed because its in a PG13 film not really aimed at kids if you know the damn director.

4. 블라스 Registered

5. 블라스 Registered

Sorry to butt in, but are you serious? :huh:

6. J.Howlett Guest

If you hire Michael Bay, you don't hire him to do a film that ultimately the bean counters want to aim at kids. I mean, seriously, have any of these knuckleheads who run the studios seen his films?

Aesthetically, yes, he may be suited for Transformers but if all you care about is selling toys than making a good, MORAL film for kids, you don't hire freaking Michael Bay.

7. J.Howlett Guest

Why would I not? The humor is the same. Why celebrate one but not the other?

8. J.Howlett Guest

And another thing...if you want to take some one to task, have at Paramount. They were the knuckleheads who greenlit this sequel only a few months after the first film...knowing that a writers strike was upon the industry.

They gave basically Bay and the writers no time to do this film justice. A year and 10 months is not enough for something of this scope. Period. It should've taken them at least two and a half years to get this film to gel.

9. CEREBRAL.... Agent in action!

wrong thread....

#409 CEREBRAL...., Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  10. Timstuff Registered

If Indiana Jones can get 76% on the Tomatometer and everyone on the internet can say it sucks, then why is it that Transformers 2 can't be good if it gets 21% on the Tomatometer? Are critics somehow more credible when they give out negative reviews than they are with positive ones?

11. TheVileOne Registered

Because the Hangover didn't suck.

The Hangover is a hard R-rated comedy about guys who go on a bender through Vegas and are trying to re-trace their steps and find their friends.

Transformers is SUPPOSED to be about a robot war between Autobots and Decepticons on Earth.

In a movie like Transformers, that type of comedy is out of place. But more than out of place its executed in a mind-numbingly annoying fashion.

Take the pot brownie bender ****. People don't act like that when they are high.

12. Blackman C'mon Son

Hangover takes a s*** on ROTF no questions
    In fact the last 3rd of TS kicked ROTF....but ROTF was still better overall

13. Blackman C'mon Son

double post..........

14. craigdbfan Registered

Yes, yes and yes.

That bothered me so much. Obviously Orci and Kurtzman don't have much experience with weed can't say Michael Bay does either from the way he was told that woman how to act when "intoxicated".

15. hitmanyr2k Resident Lurker

16. Rock Sexton Registered

I never thought I'd say this........considering that I used to run around bragging that this movie would be as epic as Empire Strikes Back .........but The Hangover destroyed this movie......... it didn't pretend to be something it wasn't.

17. Rock Sexton Registered

The Hangover is in the adult comedy genre! Transformers is not!

The problem is we gave him a chance for the first one. Many of us thought better of him after seeing he could put together such a great flick without over doing the nonsense..........and the BAM.........he hits us with this garbage completely reverting back to his old frat boy antics.

I happen to think Spieldberg was less hands on with this one this time around.

18. bdorpetzl Registered

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but many of the problems may be due to the writers strike. I am not the biggest fan of Orci and Kurtzman. Their writing is moderate at best. ST was good because of the cast and direction, not the script. I think Spielberg shouldn't be given a free pass either.

19. Rock Sexton Registered

ST moderated the hip, adult humor. They didn't flood you out with it. It had chemistry. And it kept focus and development on the characters very well, given that it too had so many different pieces.

20. CyclopsSummers Registered

Its Blackout or Grindor ????????

21. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I think the critics have been overly harsh on some of the blockbusters this year, and TF2 is no exception, I honestly just didnt find that bad some of the things critics are pointing out.

I loved Star Trek also, but it wasnt as good as the critics made out, IMO the critics have totally dropped the ball this year. And I used to agree with them so much.

22. mclay18 Registered

For good reason. I can't remember any movie I've liked that he's directed, save for The Rock and parts of Pearl Harbor. The rest of it is either mediocre or jaw droppingly-bad.

23. SuperJediHero Registered

I love Almost ALL of Michael Bay's movies! Mindless Action movies are not that bad, if you don't pretend to be an OLD adult/critic when you watch it.

24. TheVileOne Registered

Why Jamon? Because they don't worship at the altar of your hero, Michael Bay?

25. Blackman C'mon Son

ok this has been pissing me off. People need to stop saying that you're thinking "like an old critic" if they didnt like the film.
    I enjoy mindless action, I liked TF1 but still imo ROTF was bad
    Just because someone doesnt like the film doesnt mean they're being "an OLD adult/critic when you watch it."