"The Riddler - Year One" by Paul Dano and Stevan Subic.

Invader Joker

Superhero
Reaction score

Paul Dano to Write The Riddler in a New DC Black Label Limited Series!

For many film and comic book fans, Paul Dano’s portrayal of The Riddler in Matt Reeves’ The Batman (in theatres now) was arguably one of the most chilling and terrifying incarnations ever seen in a Batman film. This October, fans will have the opportunity to learn more about The Riddler’s origins in Riddler: Year One, a six-issue bimonthly DC Black Label series, written by The Batman actor Paul Dano, with art by acclaimed European illustrator Stevan Subic, making his DC debut.

This series explores the background of how accountant Edward Nashton went from a simple Gotham City nobody to becoming Batman’s nemesis, setting them on a collision course in the blockbuster feature film.

his artwork is very moody. if u look it up, theres lot of gothic sensibilities to it.
very fitting for a prequel to the reeves-verse.

his artwork is very moody. if u look it up, theres lot of gothic sensibilities to it.
very fitting for a prequel to the reeves-verse.
Seems like a good fit. :up:

That looks very Dave McKean.

Seems like Dano is in the building…?

It's very cool to see Dano so involved in the character, but on the opposite, I'm very iffy about Subic's art.

Sometimes I feel like things are strangely put together, like if he was tracing over photomontage... I don't know. Also, on these two interior pages, the color palette seems to be quite all over the place...

Yeah, graphically, this is not for me. :dry:
Still interested in the story though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"