""""The Science of Sleep

kypade

Avenger
Reaction score
Will be the best movie of the year.

I hope.

No, but really, I heard about this film like, day one (at the time was searching movie news the way hunter rider posts it) and thought it sounded brilliantly. Well now that the trailer is out (here), I can say for certain that it looks so good I cry. I'd be gay for Gael García Bernal (but don't tell him I said that. Unless he asks.)

Just FYI.

I'd be gay for Jessica Biel if I were a girl.

I loved ESOTM, and I expect the same kind of chaotic awesomeness from this.

That trailer is good. When I read the title, I thought it would be some documentary on sleep? I was sure wrong.

zzzzzzzzz....

*YAWN*

Oh, sorry, were you saying something? I dozed off in front of the computer.

kypade said:
Will be the best movie of the year.

I hope.

No, but really, I heard about this film like, day one (at the time was searching movie news the way hunter rider posts it) and thought it sounded brilliantly. Well now that the trailer is out (here), I can say for certain that it looks so good I cry. I'd be gay for Gael García Bernal (but don't tell him I said that. Unless he asks.)

Just FYI.

I'd put my money on The Fountain being the best movie of the year, but this would run a tight second. Gondry is a master of his craft, and Bernal is damn talented.

Damn. I really liked that trailer.

Anyone see it yet?
finally opened here, but i dont have any money. :/ :csad:

This was the first time I'd heard of it. I'll try to see it when I can a) make someone else buy my ticket, or b) pay for it myself. It looks interesting.

man, must take a while for word to travel up to Canarda, huh? :o

Well I'll be in America next weekend. And... if the movie is still playing at the theater near where I'll be staying, then I'll try to go see it. :csad:

it was a pretty good movie. not as good as esotsm but pretty damn good.

I still don't know what the hell this is about but I'm very excited to see it.

so, i finally saw this, and i didn't particualrly care for it. it pales in comparison to eternal sunshine.

i didn't like the characters, either, especially stephane... he's such a whiny little brat, and i think kind of psychotic, too.

the dream sequences were terrific, though, and there were a lot of great moments and a few very touching scenes as well. but overall, i just really didn't like it. the ending was horrible, too.

I thought it was brilliant. I like the fact that the characters aren't perfect and are flawed and do dumb things. It makes them more human. And there was a cute awkwardness between Stephane and Stephanie.

Gondry really nailed the dream aspects. Its impossible to convey the sheer and complete weirdness dreams are in real life, but I think he showed how close movies can get to it with this.

The ending was appropriate and although not subtle, it was nice and to the points, not drawn out like a lot of other movies.

I got it from Netflix but I still haven't had time to watch it yet. It looks really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"