The Strike Back pop up banner

runawayboulder

2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
Reaction score
The ad for the new Cinemax series Strike Back is a real pain in the ass. It pops up and doesn't let me click on a thread/post right away, doesn't let me type and slows down the site. I know SHH has to pay their bills but this rolling ad is giving me a headache. There must be another alternative. Anybody else bothered by this issue?

And I apologize if this is not the correct forum for this. If it isn't please direct me to the proper area.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as well. In fact, the forum crashed on me a couple of time, and I was forced to shut it down. I'm okay with SHH trying to make some money, but not if it prevents us from browsing the forum.

I have a pop up blocker at home, but elsewhere it's a complete pain. At one point I had that ad on the bottom and then a huge ad on the top expand and block the entire screen.

My pop up blocker isn't doing anything about it. What are you guys using?

And yes, it's a HUGE pain!

most/annoying/pushy/ thing/ever.

I'm done here til that thing is gone.

Yeah, my blocker isn't working either. I saw it maybe once or twice yesterday, but now it pops up on every single forum page.

& now thanks to the Hype this pop up is following me to other sites

Ugh thank u! I thought i was the only one whose pop up blocker wasnt working :doh:

Uh, every time I try and edit one of my posts, it's preventing me form using the backspace/delete key. And it's only this forum after that friggin ad came along.

I'll ad my complaint to the list....both Safari and Firefox are letting it get through.

This one, the "Strike Back" one shows up on EVERY new page. There was one a few weeks ago, but it was only every now and then.....common, guys. There are better ways to have ads than this.

-R

Glad to see I'm not the only one being affected by this. I'm using Firefox 5 BTW. Hopefully a mod comes along and sees this soon. I don't mean to complain, like I said before, I know you folks at the Hype have to pay your bills to keep this place going for us but there has to be a better alternative out there......

I'll get this noted with those who wave the tech wands.

I'll also go on record to say the ad sucks big, pulsating red yak balls.

It should be a ;legal requirement that you can close those damn things.

Going to check on this guys. At most you should only be seeing this once every 24 hours is my guess.

I see it every time I visit. Every time I close down Firefox & I come back it is still there. It even follows me to other sites

Using Chrome here, and yeah I see it with every new page I load... I'm even looking at it as I type this.

Last edited:
Every page I visit, every window I open, this damn ad pops up. I tried closing it once and it took up half the screen and then I finally had it retreat back to it's corner. It never ends!

The pop up is really annoying and yet...I kind of want to see Strike Back now. :o

I think I saw it following me on the subway :wow:

Holy **** its spreading. Lets sue the Hype

By the way now I can not type in threads unless I close the ad first but when the page refreshes & the ad comes back again

The pop up is really annoying and yet...I kind of want to see Strike Back now. :o

I want to see Strike Back get Lone Star'd

We've got our ad team working to fix this. Thanks for your patience.

Holy **** its spreading. Lets sue the Hype

By the way now I can not type in threads unless I close the ad first but when the page refreshes & the ad comes back again

I want to see Strike Back get Lone Star'd

Only FOX is capable of having shows Lone Star'd. I don't think there is any other network/cable channel that would cancel a show only after 2 episodes.

Only FOX is capable of having shows Lone Star'd. I don't think there is any other network/cable channel that would cancel a show only after 2 episodes.

Maybe Cinemax could be the first to do it after one episode then

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"