The Struts! If you like Queen and the Rolling Stones, You'll Dig this Band

Rowsdower!

Avenger
Reaction score
So I heard the Stuts for the first time last weekend and absolutely fell in love with them. If you mixed Queen with the Rolling Stones and threw in splash of Steely Dan, you'd have something close to their sound. Their first album, Everybody Wants is fantastic. It's the first album I've heard in a long time where I can say I literally like EVERY song on it. Their single "Could Have Been Me" has been getting a good bit of radio airplay in the U.S. It's a great track, but (IMO) their best song is "Put Your Money On Me" (video below).

[YT]9GuUbziASwE[/YT]

Very cool. They remind me of the glam/glitter rockers of the 1970s.

Yeah, they've really embraced the glam rock thing. It really works for them.

I more prefer their tunes, "Kiss This' and " You and I"...

Last edited:
Thunderstrike, your avatar is horrifying. I love it.

And yeah, those songs are great too. The whole album is damn near flawless.

I'm seeing these guys in a couple weeks! So excited.

I stumbled across this band on Spotify last month and I love em! I wish this sort of old school rock would come back and displace all the generic tween pop BS.

Yeah, same here. They're sound fits right in with old school classic rock. They're pretty young, so who knows? Maybe if they get really big, that will spawn a new trend in rock music and I'll finally be able to listen to the radio without wanting to drive my car off a bridge.

So the Struts released the US version of "Everybody Wants." Although it's a bit disappointing that they left off three songs from the UK release (My Machine, You and I and Let's Make This Happen) the new songs they added are AWESOME. The Ol' Switcheroo and These Times are Changing are catchy as hell and Only Just a Call Away is the kind of song I'd sing to my girlfriend when I'm trying to get laid... IF I was half as good of a singer as Luke Spiller, haha. Seriously, if you haven't checkout the new material, it's really worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"