The Taskmaster thread

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Thread to discuss all things Taskmaster

04420c92f88b7e2f6e9f29ff06a81f8e.gif

Reading up on him, he can copy the fighting styles and weapons use of many of our heroes but not actual powers right? Like he wouldn't be able to copy the powers of Thor or Captain Marvel right?

Very cool design. Looking forward to him.

so hearing they iron man 3'ed taskmaster?

so hearing they iron man 3'ed taskmaster?

Pretty much.

I didn't like the twist particularly.

Not to mention literally ALL of his action scenes in the film were already shown in the trailers and TV spots. They are not longer than in the trailers either (extended by a minute or two tops in the actual film).

Last edited:
Taskmaster is a true disappointment in this. I’m surprised they used the character that way.

Sounds like people were expecting bigger things from Taskmaster.
The trailers & ads certainly didn't indicate a bigger role than what the marketing suggested.

Definitely could have done more with the character but it wasn't what the film was about so I don't mind it too much. Still gave some really cool action sequences

Well I've seen
Taskmistress
not happy with what they did with the Character. Essential they turned a highly trained assassins and made it a soulless tool.

It's not even Anthony Masters, I kinda pieced it together pretty early on the identity of Taskmaster. I'll say the action sequences of Taskmaster combat was definitely shot well and the fight choreography was spot on.

Glad that the action sequences with Taskmaster are pretty cool.

Glad that the action sequences with Taskmaster are pretty cool.

They are, the best one is actually the first confrontation with Natasha. It felt similar to the pulse pounding confrontation Natasha experience with Winter Solider on the highway.

Fights good but basically they could have just made the character a generic Widow/Henchperson and would not have made a difference.

It’s like the took inspiration from the Terminator T-100 without a soul. No personality. A total opposite to The Winter Solider who had more character in his debut in Captain America: The Winter Solider and the kicker is Sebastian Stan hardly talked, his performance was done through his face and emotions. They really dropped the ball on Taskmaster.

Seeing a lot of mixed responses over Taskmaster here. Me personally, I don't know what they'll do with her in the future. I got what they were going for and it works in the context but I didn't like how her skills don't come from being good at analysis and how his Bronx snarky ways didn't translate. Could all that be used in her next appearance?

Seeing a lot of mixed responses over Taskmaster here. Me personally, I don't know what they'll do with her in the future. I got what they were going for and it works in the context but I didn't like how her skills don't come from being good at analysis and how his Bronx snarky ways didn't translate. Could all that be used in her next appearance?
Wouldn't really want to see the character come back as you said
they don't have a snarky personality. She can speak but growing up the way she did I wouldn't expect a personality. Plus she only could do the moves because of tech, not skill.

Sounds like people were expecting bigger things from Taskmaster.
The trailers & ads certainly didn't indicate a bigger role than what the marketing suggested.

The trailer suggested Taskmaster was the main villain and the one in charge of the Red Room, not Drakov. So this is inaccurate. Movie trailers can often be misleading like this.

Wouldn't really want to see the character come back as you said
they don't have a snarky personality. She can speak but growing up the way she did I wouldn't expect a personality. Plus she only could do the moves because of tech, not skill.

It's somewhat ironic to me because these movies love characters who have wise-cracking, snarky personalities, and here's a character from the comics who actually has a wisecracking, snarky personality and that's something they don't translate to the film version.

*Shrugs*

A waste of one of my favorites from the Marvel comics.

Could really give two shirts if we never see her again. There's really no reason to see her again either. She was forced into being an assassin and servitude. Now she's free of her father and can live her own life.

Last edited:

im almost certain that if they bring back Taskmaster it won’t be this version. It will probably be Tony Masters the actual mimicking Assassin.

Hey, if we can get Mandarin back, anything is possible.

At least with the Mandarin, even if you don't like the twist, they at least tried to be clever with it, giving some social commentary to it. This could've been any other character. Maybe Iron Maiden? I dunno.

f500x333-195377_219180_0.jpg

The physical choreographed fight between Taskmaster and Natasha on the bridge was easily the best utilization of the character. They should've escalated the interaction everytime, instead of limiting the character and the fight especially the anticlimactic underwhelming fight against Red Guardian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"