World The Transformer Continuity Thread

I'm rewatching the movie and rereading the prequel comics...so I should produce something within the week.

Trans Formers A
The Comic Continuity...part 1

89454365710_1.gif

1. Generation 1: Marvel Comics. - 80 issues

a. Started by Bob Budinski and Jim Shooter mere months before the creation of the Sunbow cartoon. The crew of the Ark (and Nemesis) were much the same. The story differed however. In addition, the characters were changed in some cases.

i. The Beginning: The story started out with Optimus taking his crew to investigate a destroy an asteroid shower threatening to destroy Cybertron. A similar situation to that of the comic ensues and the Autobots and Decepticons crash and remain dormant on Earth

ii. The Earth War: The War resumes upon their reactivation and Bumblebee befriends a young Spike and Buster Witwicky into helping them in their fight.

iii. Are All Dead: The Autobots eventually fall victim to a malevolent tyrant known as Shockwave, who takes control of the Decepticons from Megatron. Shockwave manages to defeat the Autobots for good until they are saved at the hands of Ratchet. Ratchet forms a shakey truce with Megatron to do so, this truce would become a staple in the series. Ratchet would even seem to be Megatron's arch nemesis, moreso than Prime.

iv. Circuit Breaker: A breakout character of the comic is created after Shockwave attacks her at a base accidentally giving her powers. After a fight with Jazz, Wheeljack and Starscream she continues to be a thorn in the Autobots side. The Autobots are seen by some at this point to be menaces (Note: Starscream switches to cartoon accurate colors).

v. Lord Straxus: Optimus is revived to his former self with the help of new recruit Skyfire. Meanwhile on Cybertron, Blaster and his crew of series 2 Autobots battle the now leader of Cybertronian Decepticons, Straxus. Straxus is killed and Blaster comes to earth via the Space Bridge.

vi. Blackrock: G.B. Blackrock, a business man who has his doubts about the Transformers, commissions their capture. He is successful but they are freed when Runamuck and Runabout start making trouble. Despite protecting Circuit Breaker at the risk of their lives, Circuit Breaker loses her job and blames the Autobots as soley responsible.

You made one mistake...there was no Spike at this time..it was his brother Buster and their father that helped out the Autobots.
You also forgot to mention 2 things........
The Dinobots were part of Optimus Prime's crew from Cybertron
Some of the season 2 Autobots minds were copyed by Prime so that he could have extra troops if he need them and hence he built them new bodys on earth.

1. Generation 1: G.I.Joe Transformers - 4 issue mini.
35561562808_1.gif

a.G.I.Joe Transformers feature a team up with the Decepticons and Cobra. The crossover happens in continuity with the Transformer comics, even featuring a snippet from an issue about the funeral of Optimus Prime. In the story Bumblebee is killed and remade as Goldbug.

i.Death of Optimus Prime: Prime loses in a video game match with Megatron and the Combaticons. Prime, in accordance with Megatron’s deal, kills himself. Megatron later goes into a fit of insanity, he “dies” when the Space Bridge explodes after a battle with the Predacons.

ii.Scraplets: Blaster and the newly made Goldbug end up in battle with the tripplechangers and a race called the Scraplets. The Thottlebots, a rag tag Autobot sub group, save them.

iii.Me am Grimlock, Me am Leader: After winning favor by beating Trypticon, Grimlock becomes the most stubborn, abusive and obstinate leader in Autobot history. He orders Blaster’s arrest and capture. He nearly executes his human companions as well.

iv.Full Throttle: The Throttlebots brains are placed in toy cars and they fight the Predacons in a mall with Buster. Buster is captured in the proccess.

2. Generation 1: Headmasters - 4 issue mini
89597291826_1.gif

a.The Headmaster mini shows the self imposed exile of Fortress Maximus to Nebulon, and the Decepticons (led by Scorponok) that followed. Fortress Maximus crew featured the series 4 Autobots, including fan favorites Hot Rod, Kup and Blurr. The mini ends with they and the Decepticons going to earth.

i.Spike Witwicky! Head on!: Fortress Maximus travels to earth and finds himself in battle with Scorponok yet again. This time though it results in the death of his Nebulon partner, Galen. Spike takes the reigns, yet Buster is captured by Shockwave, so he tries to save him. He and Maximus are wounded in the proccess.

ii.Pretenders to the Thrown: The Pretenders are created by Maximus and Scorponok respectively. Maximus also recovers Optimus’ memories as saved on disc. They try to revive him, yet are unsuccessful. A battle between Blaster (representing Maximus) and Grimlock ensues while the Decepticons attack. Optimus is eventually revived as Powermaster Prime.

89454365710_50.gif

iii.The Underbase: Starscream learns of a creation of great power known as the Underbase, which grants the user great power. He starts a faux Decepticon Civil War, and amongst the confusion is able to harness some of it’s power. He fights the combined might of the Transformers killing or deactivating most of the series 1-3 Autobots and Decepticons. The Technobots, Seacons, and Terrorcons are lost in the battle as well. Among the notable loses include Goldbug, Jazz and Grimlock.

iv.Think Small: The Micromasters are introduced as a young upstart team of punks. Both on the Decepticon and Autobot side. It is explained that they have downgraded their size to save fuel. Megatron, amidst a new war between Optimus and Scorponok, returns. Ratchet reawakens Jazz, Grimlock and Bumblebee as Pretenders to deal with Megatron. He is unsuccessful however and sacrifices himself. He and Megatron “die”.

v.The Matrix Quest: Nightbeat and the Headmaster juniors, Longtooth and the Pretenders, and The Classic Pretenders (led by Jazz) find themselves in a race with Thunderwing and the Triggerbots and Targetmaster juniors to find the fabled Matrix. Although casualties are received heavily on both ends, Thunderwing is ultimately successful. He is last seen floating through space with the Matrix around his neck. During the event Primus is awakened, his scream alerts Unicron to Cybertron’s pressence in the Universe.

One slite mistake:
Primes wins that video game match but he cheats.He allowed the deaths of some video game civilens....something he would never have done in the real world so he admits to it and then allows himself to be destroyed.

Your facts need some straightening out.

Now as far as universes go you have.

-G1 (plus it's 4 Japanese sequels) and Beast Wars/Beast Machines (with Beast Wars 2 and Neo retconned in) are a universe.

Are you talking for the Japanese or for the U.S. and other markets that Hasbro reaches.
For the Markets that are reached by takara your right but not for those reached by Hasbro.The for Japanese sequels can not fit into our Hasbros G1 universe due to one major fact....the Japanese had a 100% completly different origin for how the Headmasters were created.The Japanese didnt like our Headmaster story [The Rebirth] at the time.So they ignored it and nevered aired it till many years later.They went right from "The Return of Optimus Prime" to their Headmasters.And since the other 3 shows that came after Headmasters are connected to it then none of the 4 serries our part of Hasbros G1 universe.Their G1 universe splintered off into its owen direction after The Return.
Also the universe's of BW II's and NEO's from the show arent part of G1 trew BW's universe ether.IDW is incorparating some of their stories by retelling them but the universe is different.Also IDW seems to be removing Beast Machines from the continuity because in the new BW's comic we see Magmatron in his limbo world looking at the future of Cybertron, watching as its destroyed by Unicron......and its complety in-organic.Witch would meen that the events of Beast Machines didnt take place.

or the events of beast machines were reversed some how. come on its a comic they can fit beat machines in there

or the events of beast machines were reversed some how. come on its a comic they can fit beat machines in there

True....but on the other had Simon Furmen [the writter of the new Beast Wars comis] has a big habit of re-writting the Transformers universe and its history and ignoring established facts when ever those facts dont fit into his stories or when he just doesnt like those facts.In his very popular "War Within" comic he removed the fact that Optimus Prime was ever Orion Pax befor he got the Matrix........he call him Optonix in stead.
If you want more proff of what I'm saying look up a book called "Transformers:The Ultimate Guide"........in it he goes about re-writting all kinds of stuff in TF history.

id like to see a fight between orion pax and hot rod. and imagine how cool ultra magnus would be if he had the matrix. i mean he was awesome as ultra magnus but he would be even better with the matrix

id like to see a fight between orion pax and hot rod. and imagine how cool ultra magnus would be if he had the matrix. i mean he was awesome as ultra magnus but he would be even better with the matrix

In the G1 toon Orion Pax was week....two shots from Megatron and he was down for the count so Hot Rod would make short work of him.

And Ultra Magnus was givven the Matrix in the first movie and it didnt change him at all.Nothing happened for him when he had the Matrix.......so can you please tell me what you were thinking??????????/

i think it was the matrix opening that changed hot rod, and remember hot rod was the first one to touch the matrix so it wanted him. so i think if ultra magnus was the first one to touch the matrix and had it when it openened he would have changed

i think it was the matrix opening that changed hot rod, and remember hot rod was the first one to touch the matrix so it wanted him. so i think if ultra magnus was the first one to touch the matrix and had it when it openened he would have changed

Thats wish full thinking......they way it was told in the movie its more like King Arthur and Excalibure.Even Prime told of the legend that ....and I quote....
"One they an Autobot shall rise from our ranks.....and use the power of the Matrix to lite our darkest hour" it seems that Hot Rod was ment to be the fullfillment of that legend just as mush as King Aurthur was the only one that could bull Excalibure from the stone.
Or how it was Kuke Skywalker who was dystined to bring balence to the force in Star Wars.Or are you unaware that the story of Hot Rod mirror's that of Luke Skywalker?
As far as TF history is conserened your theroy doest fit the facts established in the G1 toon or the comics.....only TF's with a particular "ifinity" for the Power of the Matrix could use and be adabted by the Matrix's.
Ultra Magnus wasnt the only one to try to use its power, Galvatron couldnt use it at all and it wasnt because he was a Decepticon.Scourge [a Decepticon] was able to acsess some of its power and had a physcle transformation as well.
Alpha Trion also held on to the Matrix for a good long time before he gave it to Optimus.....the Matrix never changed Alpha Trion.
Touching it first has nothing to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"