Iron Man Sequels The villain(s) of IM4 thread

At this point who cares? He was a terrible villain who wasn't the Mandarin, despise proclaiming himself as such
the 90% who actually understood the movie (or paid attention) and therefore know that he was not a terrible villain do.
of course he is terrible, if you have no idea about his motivations or are constantly getting it wrong. of course he's not the Mandarin to you, if you're not able to see how *#$%#§&ing similar they are

Will the real Mandarin please stand up. ;) He's supposedly out there. I feel it'd fall flat. Lacking punch from the third movies false one, though.

Crimson Dynamo would be cool, but people might think Iron Monger and/or Iron Man 2's army of suits. Idk. Iron Man has a lot of mirror villains. Not very diverse.

that figures how may criminals in the film universe could stand up to someone with as much firepower as iron man ?

I would rather not have any Iron Man sequels that exist within the same continuity that Iron Man 2 and 3 do. Iron Man 2 and 3 were offensive, unsophisticated, poorly written garbage that ruined everything that was good or sophisticated about Iron Man. Even Bob Layton trashed those movies, and I can't blame him for that, since it's probably awful to witness how your finest stories and characters receive a superbly mediocre, disrespectful treatment. I think it would be the best to reboot the series. I don't see problem with that at all. Unlike many people that claim that "THERE IS NO IRON MAN WITHOUT RDJ", I'm actually the one who have read comics and who is a more of a fan of the comic book version of the character and much less of his movie rendition. I can assure you, possible replacement of Downey Jr is not that big of a deal, despite what all of you trying to say. He was fine in Iron Man one, he sucked in Iron Man 2, he was fine in the Avengers, he sucked in Iron Man 3, he sucked in the Avengers Age of Failtron, he was little bit better than usual in Civil War. But, overall, Downey Jr have not fully embraced all the complexity and darkness of the character. Not to mention, his version of Tony Stark is vastly different from the comics. Comic book Tony Stark was more serious, calculative and darker while Downey Jr plays him as a clownish *****e that takes nothing in life seriously. With a new actor we can finally get a comic book accurate Tony Stark that true fans have been waiting to see since forever. My personal pick is Jon Hamm. Also, maybe with the reboot they will finally give Tony Stark a good villain to fight, since all the previous Iron Man villains were laughably bad.

http://cs543103.vk.me/v543103187/bb1f/RZSTlNfCSe4.jpg

Last edited:
the 90% who actually understood the movie (or paid attention) and therefore know that he was not a terrible villain do.

Well, I may not be a mathematic, uber-cerebral genius, but I think I understood the movie pretty clear, since I don't think there's supposed to be a problem with its understanding, since it's a very shallow, one-sided, and superficial film. And Aldrich Killian is indeed a terrible villain. Personification-wise, motivation-wise, attitude-wise. He's a superficially written cardboard figure with no profoundness and no complexity. I would say that he's definitely Schumacher's Batman level of bad.

of course he is terrible, if you have no idea about his motivations or are constantly getting it wrong.

I think the fact that his motivation is so trivial and depthless is what makes people think that he is terrible. The whole "drama" behind his origin lies in the fact that Tony Stark dumped him on a party. Seriously, that is motivation? This guy is supposed to be a genius yet he couldn't figure out which choice Tony Stark would make? If some rich playboy/womanizer would have a choice to either get laid with a pretty women or go on a rooftop to some nerdy weirdo, I think you don't have to be a genius to understand what he would prefer. Again, the set up for his character is superbly childish and poor. It doesn't justify his attitude at all. He behaves like a five year old child with mental dysfunctions. But, to give him a credit, pretty much all MCU movie villains are mediocre and forgettable, so he's not alone on that.

of course he's not the Mandarin to you, if you're not able to see how *#$%#§&ing similar they are

Wasn't the Mandarin purely an Asian-looking man who was born in China, who had ten power rings that could shoot lazers, and whose origin was about him being oppressed and disparaged by the government of his homeland? I don't remember part of his origin when he's angry at Tony Stark because he was dumped by him on a Christmas party.

http://cs626819.vk.me/v626819187/1642e/eDby57VBqio.jpg

Yep, they're definitely similar.

Last edited:
Madame Masque and Ghost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"