Iron Man 3 Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they'd go with Mandarin but not have his freaking rings do anything.

Even if you abandon the (imo workable) alien origin, it's not that far of a stretch to just make them some kind of experimental WonderTech© that Mandarin acquired from AIM or whomever.

Maybe I'm delusional but I think Feige is misleading us. They'll be something more than just symbols. If I'm wrong, so be it.

I can't believe they'd go with Mandarin but not have his freaking rings do anything.

Even if you abandon the (imo workable) alien origin, it's not that far of a stretch to just make them some kind of experimental WonderTech© that Mandarin acquired from AIM or whomever.

Maybe I'm delusional but I think Feige is misleading us. They'll be something more than just symbols. If I'm wrong, so be it.

I felt like this trailer was the least spoilerish if one consider that they showed barely a few second of Mandarin....and he is supposed to be the main villain.

Not sure if you're going off of what that thread said (because I didn't read it) but previous spoilers do reveal the Mandarin's rings [blackout]are Extremis based[/blackout]

Not sure if you're going off of what that thread said (because I didn't read it) but previous spoilers do reveal the Mandarin's rings [blackout]are Extremis based[/blackout]

Yeah but... spoilers & grains of salt lol. I want to believe!

Who knows how it'll turn out? I just find to really hard to believe that Mandarin'll just turn out to be a blinged out old terrorist guy with a fancy dune buggy. If his rings don't do anything I'll be very surprised and disappointed. He doesn't have to summon Fin Fang Foom or anything, but the rings could work in the context of Iron Man's world.

Yeah I'm hoping they do something as well. It would be pretty lame if he's basically just a normal guy who uses a tank to fight at the end.

Wow, that LokiD guys is posting there.

Or somebody using his name.
Keep in mind: 4chan = Troll Central. The weatherman says there's an 80% chance that somebody is bull****ting and pretending to be LokiD. The 4chan LokiD is saying stuff that even our crazy prophet hasn't said, and is pretending to have already seen the movie. In his defense, LokiD hasn't made that claim over here.

I'm 99% certain that the "Anonymous" poster in the latest round who keeps blacking out his text is either our own Protocida, or someone who's just copy-n-pasting what he wrote, verbatim, in this thread earlier today.

...And lmao if somebody really thinks there's a Skrull in freakin' IM3. Good god, 4chan trolls: yer doin it wrong

idk, he's using LokiD's trip...unless the LokiD who has been posting on 4chan has been a fake the whole time.

idk, he's using LokiD's trip...unless the LokiD who has been posting on 4chan has been a fake the whole time.

Here's the thing:
4chan "works" on anonymity. The VAST majority of people who post over there don't use a handle. That's why/how the confusion works: 4chan thrives on chaos. For "LokiD" to openly use the same username he's known for over here on SHH to try to "leak" some B.S. plot points and claim he's already seen the movie, when he could've just done that over here like he usually does, sounds too brazen. I'd say there's a very high likelihood that one of our posters over here who just doesn't like LokiD went over to 4chan to "pose" as him and make him look like an attention ****e pretending that his theories are facts.

Or, it *could* be the real LokiD over there, being an attention ****e pretending that his theories are facts. As usual. :oldrazz:

There remains a lot to be seen before I go gaga over this portrayal of Mandarin, but after watching all the trailers, the voice gets better and better after each viewing. Digging it thus far. I just hope it's not over the top for the entire film, and he starts stuttering every "er" suffix in the script. So far, acceptable. Just nothing outstanding, which is what I expect from a villain of this caliber.

I've been away for a couple of days but ... woah!
PHlHvdQ.jpg

I've been away for a couple of days but ... woah!
PHlHvdQ.jpg

I've seen the pic for the past few days, of course, but this is the first HD I've seen of it: thanks.

...Because if you look closely, on the "In Chaos We Trust" symbol under Mandarin's left arm....?

....There's a PUNISHER skull painted in red.

Totally. ****ing. AWESOME!!!!!! :unishr:

I've seen the pic for the past few days, of course, but this is the first HD I've seen of it: thanks.

...Because if you look closely, on the "In Chaos We Trust" symbol under Mandarin's left arm....?

Looks also like, which I'm not entire sure on due to it being only a partial, "Never Shall We Yield," below the "In Chaos We Trust."

So Mandarin is a fake Osama Bin Laden created by Killian? To be the "mouthpiece" as James Badge Dale stated?

i am still wondering what is Mandarin's motivation/intentions

hope they give him a good background story, rather than what Vanko got...

Really? I thought vankos backstory was pretty damn cool, he just had a lousy pay off in the end. All in all I really liked the character they made for vanko, it was the writing around him that was the problem, which I blame on thoreux.

Looks also like, which I'm not entire sure on due to it being only a partial, "Never Shall We Yield," below the "In Chaos We Trust."

Close. I think, if you look at the other stamp on the other side of his "cape," what it says is "Only In Death (Shall/Do?) We Yield."

So Mandarin is a fake Osama Bin Laden created by Killian? To be the "mouthpiece" as James Badge Dale stated?

I don't think Mandarin is a fake. He's genuinely nutso, a former operative who "went off the reservation" and started killing people; but he and Killian have a weird business relationship revolving around AIM hiding him and letting him issue periodic video "fatwas" like Osama.

I don't think Mandarin is a fake. He's genuinely nutso, a former operative who "went off the reservation" and started killing people; but he and Killian have a weird business relationship revolving around AIM hiding him and letting him issue periodic video "fatwas" like Osama.

I'm really curious how his story plays out since we've seen that he's a middle eastern type 'terrorist' who is really living [BLACKOUT]in Florida.[/BLACKOUT] I hope they give us a cool backstory of his personal history and why he hates Tony and other heroes. He seems like a very complex villain and I really want to know his motives.

Close. I think, if you look at the other stamp on the other side of his "cape," what it says is "Only In Death (Shall/Do?) We Yield."

I missed the other part of the motto on The Mandarin's right. Makes a little more sense and a little more ominous.

I find this Black quote interesting and it says a lot about what their approach for Mandarin was before going in.

"For instance, one of the joys for me has always been seeing how you take a villain from the comic book and realize him in a slightly more realistic way for the movie, render him for movies in a way that’s recognizable, but different. And that’s fun. Like the Joker in "The Dark Knight" is not the Joker from the comic book, but there’s just enough of him that you recognize him and go, “Wow, what a creative way of interpreting the Joker for motion pictures.” So that was our task here too."

I like that we see a bunch of "followers" kneeling before the Mandarin here. Like they are worshipping him. I guess these are maybe the ten heads of his organization from around the world maybe.
a9Z25bU.jpg

I'm not seeing it. Where is the skull?

Yeah but... spoilers & grains of salt lol. I want to believe!

Who knows how it'll turn out? I just find to really hard to believe that Mandarin'll just turn out to be a blinged out old terrorist guy with a fancy dune buggy. If his rings don't do anything I'll be very surprised and disappointed. He doesn't have to summon Fin Fang Foom or anything, but the rings could work in the context of Iron Man's world.

Agreed. Also disappointed by that revelation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"