They should make a mini series based on the Burton universe.

I thought keepbatmanreal might be a troll but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But now it's obvious. I've reported him to the mods.

i am not a troll. im actually kinda insulted. but ban me you nazis ban anyone who disagrees with your ideas. thats what your pathetic interpretation of batman would do.

i am not a troll. im actually kinda insulted. but ban me you nazis ban anyone who disagrees with your ideas. thats what your pathetic interpretation of batman would do.

This week we're Fascists....next week we're Nazis.....

I don't ban anyone who disagrees with my ideas (if that happened I would have to ban about 98% of the current posters).....I ban trolls who insult people who have opinions that differ from theirs.

This week we're Fascists....next week we're Nazis.....

I don't ban anyone who disagrees with my ideas (if that happened I would have to ban about 98% of the current posters).....I ban trolls who insult people who have opinions that differ from theirs.
Weren't Nazis a type of fascist?

Weren't Nazis a type of fascist?
If you want...you can research it and give me a detailed report....or you can just take it as the comical nonsensical response to someone who wants to compare modding a message board to people who practiced racial descrimination that culminated the murder of millions of people....that it was intended as.

Actually, this is something I would love to see. But the point would be to have the real ideas of Tim Burton, not just ideas and designs "inspired by".
I have the 2 adapted-from-the-first-movies books. and it is my favorite batman books of all time. It is like everything that was "meh" in the movies, works here, batman acting and moving like he was in the comics of the 70es/80es but with all the dark gothic universe. :up:
Your idea is cool for me. A miniserie would be nice, but I won't hold my breath.
Glad you liked the idea, but I'm sure they won't be doing it. It was just a thought. Just would be kind of cool, like how Donner wrote what his Superman sequels would have been like a couple of years ago in Action Comics those were neat.

untitled-8.jpg

Last edited:
There is thought behind everything in Tim Burton's Bat-films. There is nothing "spycological" but the Tim Burton Bat-films are psychological and captured the psychological profile of Batman. He has a dark, grim, obsessive nature. He certainly has childhood trauma, abandonment issues over has parents murder, he's obsessive compulsive, he's angry. His parents were murdered and he has dedicated himself to warring on crime for the rest of his life. The death of a loved one, particularly both your parents murdered right in front of you, is very painful. His war on crime prevents him from having very meaningful relationships with women so he is a lonely man in that regard as well. He has rocky relationships with women. The affection he undeniably felt for Vicki Vale, a beautiful, talented woman engaged in a socially acceptable field of endeavor (photo journalism), has been rendered all but insignificant by the infinitely more erotic allure of Catwoman, a villainess. He wears a bat costume to strike terror in criminals hearts. Bruce dresses up as a bat to create fear. The character is intrinsically a character who strikes fear and terror in his enemies. He is mysterious. That's all there in Burton's Batman films. I loved the opening scene on the roof top. I still love that scene with the two thugs on the roof. "Let's get outa here. I don't like it out here -- not after what happened to Johnny Gobbs." "Hey, Johnny Gobbs got ripped and took a walk off a roof. No big loss." "That ain't what I heard. I heard that The Bat got him." Batman shouldn't allow himself to be seen much in the comics or on film -- he should stick to the shadows. He loses a great deal of his effectiveness once criminals realize he's a man. He needs to make a bunch of thugs with guns piss in their pants. The whole point of becoming Batman is to create that edge -- he's some sort of demonic bat creature. The opening scene on the roof top in Burton's first Bat-film captured that very well. Batman needs to maintain a degree of mystery. There is fear in the unknown and Batman wants criminals to fear him. And, after all, that is what Batman tries to do by lurking in the shadows. Using exploding gas pellets to make himself appear and disappear and so on, as he does in Tim Burton's Batman film at the Chemical Plant.
With Batman Returns Tim Burton was enamored with how Batman, Catwoman and the Penguin are sort of animal people and Tim Burton used the animal motif as a strong theme for the film. Animalistic primal instincts. After all, Batman is a nocturnal "creature of the night", as Bill Finger called him, in Batman's origin in the comics he even said "I shall become a bat", and bats are nocturnal animals and Batman spends a lot of time in a cave, dresses like a bat and frightens people as bats frighten people. There are a lot of similarities between Catwoman and cats. Catwoman is nocturnal and cats are nocturnal animals and she is playful and she does whatever she wants and she is unpredictable and moody and impulsive as cats are and she of course dresses like a cat. The Penguin has a huge beak and waddles like a penguin and squawks like a penguin. "Everyone forgets that we're still basically animals," said Tim Burton.
Frank Miller's Batman material influenced Tim Burton's version. As in Miller's Batman comics, Batman is a very dark, grim, ruthless and brutal vigilante in Burton's Batman films. Batman is also a very controversial figure to Gotham citizens in Burton's Batman films, as in Miller's Batman comics. As Sam Hamm says, there are "literal swipes from Dark Knight -- the notion that he wears the emblem on his chest as a target, essentially, because he's trying to draw fire away from his head. There are a couple of other bits like that. The body armor stuff is one of the snatches from Dark Knight. When you sit down and try to work out the grit, the nuts and bolts of how the guy does what he does, you have to ask questions -- why doesn't he get shot. Frank Miller's solution seemed like the most logical one." Batman's spear gun is obviously influenced by Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns. Even Catwoman's costume in Batman Returns, which is a full bodysuit with cat-cowl and gloves with claws on them, is essentially a black rubber version of the Catwoman costume in Frank Miller's Year One, just without the tail (the whip represented the tail in Batman Returns. It was a euphemism for her tail.), and with high-heel boots and stitching. The stitching represents her patchwork fragmentation of her character. There is thought behind everything.

Great post! :cool::up:

Last edited:
Burton's batman committed the most wonderful terrorist bombing of all time @ AXXISS chemicals. Killed at least 7 goons there. head scissored one into a bell tower chasm. had .50 cal guns on his airplane. lashed the joker to a gargoyle, watched him fall and splat. He bombed a fat man to death in the streets of gotham in "Returns". I really cant stress enough how awesome these movies were to me as a child.

Personally I would LOVE a Burton universe comic book. I may be a bit biased since i grew up in the 90's but the Burton films hold a fond fond place in my heart (Although i saw Batman Returns recently and.... eeeeeeeehhhh i didnt enjoy it too much). Personally Burton's Bat-suit and Batmobile are my favorite designs out of all the interpretations of them. I've always wondered why the comics never adapted the all-black look for batman's costume and insist on keeping the blue and gray spandex. Batman looks way more badass in all black armor.

Last edited:
Personally I would LOVE a Burton universe comic book. I may be a bit biased since i grew up in the 90's but the Burton films hold a fond fond place in my heart (Although i saw Batman Returns recently and.... eeeeeeeehhhh i didnt enjoy it too much). Personally Burton's Bat-suit and Batmobile are my favorite designs out of all the interpretations of them. I've always wondered why the comics never adapted the all-black look for batman's costume and insist on keeping the blue and gray spandex. Batman looks way more badass in all black armor.

I agree on the question of why haven't the comics adapted an all-black costume for Bats. If he's supposed to use the shadows as a weapon and to achieve invisibility, shouldn't the costume be as black as possible? This is why I never liked Robin, his costume completely destroys that whole idea.

I agree on the question of why haven't the comics adapted an all-black costume for Bats. If he's supposed to use the shadows as a weapon and to achieve invisibility, shouldn't the costume be as black as possible?

Because it doesn't look good and realism is overrated.

Since when using all black suit is realism?

They tried giving Batman an all black costume in the comics back in the 90s and it didn't last long. Why? Because it looks horrible.

And besides in all actuality, an all black suit is not all as stealthy as you might think. In fact, it's been shown by an actual study for the miltary that a two tone mix of black and grey is as good if not better than all black for night-time urban camo.

I think this is a really great idea, make each issue a little mini film sequel. The artists could even design characters to resemble actors who could've played them in the 90s. The Burton films never got an ending.

Another idea could be to get Burton himself involved, and write the miniseries as what he would've done for Batman 3. This idea of comic sequels is pretty popular right now, so its not outside of the realm of possiblilty.

Burton's batman committed the most wonderful terrorist bombing of all time @ AXXISS chemicals. Killed at least 7 goons there. head scissored one into a bell tower chasm. had .50 cal guns on his airplane. lashed the joker to a gargoyle, watched him fall and splat. He bombed a fat man to death in the streets of gotham in "Returns". I really cant stress enough how awesome these movies were to me as a child.

I'm sorry... Are you trying to make an argument for Batman being a killer?

Anyway,
good thread idea... i'd get behind this!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"