Things that are already broken

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
Here we can keep track of how exactly Michael Bay decides to desecrate TMNT beyond recognition. Which do you think will destroy people's faith in the franchise first?

Direction/Production - Perhaps the biggest mistake. Who thinks Michael Bay is the right choice for this, or any movie in Hollywood?
EDIT: Directed by Jonathan Liebesman, Produced by Michael Bay.

Script - If you haven't gotten a chance to read the early draft, lucky you. It was obnoxious. And that is putting it nicely.

Plot - Changing the turtles into aliens kinda negates their role as Teenage, Mutant, and Turtles. Movie might as well be titled Ninja Aliens.

Cast - So far including Megan Fox as the lead human role. Megan Fox who wasn't good enough for Transformers. Or thought she was too good? I dont remember.

Last edited:
I'd be okay with Gary Coleman coming back to life for any purpose honestly.

Johnathan Liebesman is directing , not Michael Bay. I think he is decent, but I doubt he'll surpass expectations.

The script was rewritten after the alien controversy so hopefully that's been fixed.

The casting of Megan Fox was a downer. She's the main human the Turtles interact with and I don't think she's a relatable April. I hope I'm wrong.

The rest of the casting won't give much of an indication. Unless they make a really poor decision in casting Shredder. The next thing I'm worried about is the look of the turtles.

I'd be okay with Gary Coleman coming back to life for any purpose honestly.

GARY COLEMAN DIED awh son of a ***** I didnt know that. :/ This is almost worse news than Megan Fox as April.

Johnathan Liebesman is directing , not Michael Bay. I think he is decent, but I doubt he'll surpass expectations.

The script was rewritten after the alien controversy so hopefully that's been fixed.

The casting of Megan Fox was a downer. She's the main human the Turtles interact with and I don't think she's a relatable April. I hope I'm wrong.

The rest of the casting won't give much of an indication. Unless they make a really poor decision in casting Shredder. The next thing I'm worried about is the look of the turtles.

Don't forget the Casey Jones casting

CHANGES
Can anyone tell me what Splinters original origins are/were?
Cause if I were to go by that classic first movie, I would think he was a mutated rat and that was all? Supposedly he was supposed to be a Japanese sensei that was then turned into a rat?
I wonder what the fan boys of the age thought about that even more drastic change of character vs source material(in light of this alien originating turtles we're hearing about.)

MEGAN FOX
Megan Fox acting like a hot high school chick wasn't that demanding a role and for anyone who thinks she failed at such, clearly hasn't ever met said archetype in real life. Weather or not she will be able to pull of a young new york tv journalist...whose to say. No one had any harsh words for her in that This is 40 movie. Then again that was a thoughtful comedy about life. Transformers was supposed to be a high art adaptation of a toy commercial.

Unlike many a flops, Megan Fox will guarantee this film makes a blip on the pop culture milestone.

Last I checked, Bay didn't write this script either, it was the guys from Mission Impossible 4.

CHANGES
Can anyone tell me what Splinters original origins are/were?
Cause if I were to go by that classic first movie, I would think he was a mutated rat and that was all? Supposedly he was supposed to be a Japanese sensei that was then turned into a rat?
I wonder what the fan boys of the age thought about that even more drastic change of character vs source material(in light of this alien originating turtles we're hearing about.)

In the original Mirage comic, Splinter was an ordinary pet rat of Hamato Yoshi who memorized and mimic his martial arts move. When he came in contact with the retro-mutagen ooze with the turtles, he mutated into a more humanoid form ( although the TMNT RPG hinted that Splinter was already a mutant because he was highly intelligent as a regular rat.)

In the Fred Wolf Toon, Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki were rivals in the Foot Clan. When Yoshi was banned to America, and forced to live in the sewers, Saki poured the mutagen down the storm drains in hopes of destroying Yoshi, but ended up mutated him . When I first saw the movie back in 6th grade,I was unaware of Mirage's origins, and told my mom that Splinter use to be a man, but the movie didn't portray that origin. It didn't really confuse me, I just thought they were unable to show a man turning into a rat and just changed Splinter's origin to suit the movie.

I actually prefer the origins of Splinter from the original cartoon and IDW comics.

In the original Mirage comic, Splinter was an ordinary pet rat of Hamato Yoshi who memorized and mimic his martial arts move. When he came in contact with the retro-mutagen ooze with the turtles, he mutated into a more humanoid form ( although the TMNT RPG hinted that Splinter was already a mutant because he was highly intelligent as a regular rat.)

In the Fred Wolf Toon, Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki were rivals in the Foot Clan. When Yoshi was banned to America, and forced to live in the sewers, Saki poured the mutagen down the storm drains in hopes of destroying Yoshi, but ended up mutated him . When I first saw the movie back in 6th grade,I was unaware of Mirage's origins, and told my mom that Splinter use to be a man, but the movie didn't portray that origin. It didn't really confuse me, I just thought they were unable to show a man turning into a rat and just changed Splinter's origin to suit the movie.

cool, thanks for the info.
The current show seems to have gone the route of the original show(man first).

Goes to show that change isn't always bad. I like both takes.
Mutant vs non terrestrial, I personally don't care.

Alien stuff vs mutants...the main thing about the Turtles is that they were raised on Earth, and fully aware (and embraced) our culture. That's one of the more endearing things about the Turtles; there isn't any real resentment against humans despite being outsiders.

There are many an alien that have adopted human culture let alone traits.
I'd hate to go down the list, but Superman being the primary example.

Choosing Michael Bay to work on this movie is the biggest mistake
He's not good, even as a producer he ruins whatever movie he touches

Choosing Michael Bay to work on this movie is the biggest mistake
He's not good, even as a producer he ruins whatever movie he touches

I don't think the people who actually invest in these products see it that way. If I was an investor, he's be one of the primary candidates for many tent pole products.

I don't think the people who actually invest in these products see it that way. If I was an investor, he's be one of the primary candidates for many tent pole products.
Financially, he's one of the best choices, especially after his financial success with Transformers
Good stories are out of his reach though

Somehow I was hoping that Bay's name would be attached with a Live Action Turbo Teen movie instead of Ninja Turtles. So so disappointed...

Honestly, "Film Directed by Michael Bay" is all I really needed to know this was gonna suck.

I have hope... I have wanted to see a modern live action TMNT movie since the 2003 series. I know that the original series, in a way, was more popular, but I prefer the approach in the 2003 series since it was more true to the original TMNT comics, and it had imo a more defined & cooler atmosphere

I hope the tone of the movie is closer to the animated feature film than the 1990 live action feature film. I'm sure not many people will agree but (imho) the animated feature has a better understanding of the characters and for me the drama was better as well.

Too bad more fans didn't show up to support that excellent tmnt feature that came out a few years ago. It was specifically non bay and it was very much for the fans.

too bad.

Too bad more fans didn't show up to support that excellent tmnt feature that came out a few years ago. It was specifically non bay and it was very much for the fans.

too bad.
i loved that movie

was hoping to get a sequel because of the awesome Shredder set up it had in the end

too bad.
What feature was that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"