The Wolverine This Wolverine question has been bothering me for a while now...

whywhywhy

Civilian
Reaction score
When he gets adamantium (or however you spell it) fused to his skeleton, why do his teeth stay normal? I mean teeth are similar to bone, and in the x-ray stuff in the scene it shows his teeth getting hot like the metal is bonding to them, but afterwards, still just normal teeth. Does this bother anyone else, or is there a reason for it somewhere in the X-world that I simply haven't seen?

Wow I haven't thought of that before. But the simple explanation for this is bones are still different to teeth and his teeth were not included in the adamantium procedure.

Even the comics are never consistent. It always looks like he has regular teeth. But as soon as his face gets blasted off, or he gets burned to a skeleton, suddenly the teeth are adamantium.

Well that's one important thing to note, his bones are laced with adamantium not coated. I imagine his teeth were drilled out and embedded with the metal? NO idea.

Besides that teeth don't really heal. Not the same way other body parts and bones can/do.

The pulp in his teeth was probably replaced with adamantium.

Would look pretty funny haha!

I would love to have adamantium teeth! Even if I don't brush my teeth, I won't get cavities.

Teeth and bones, while similar, are not the same. Collagen allows bones to be rigid, yet retain some measure of flexibility so they don't become brittle and break. Teeth contain dentine which gives them incredible rigidity that allows us to chew and crunch through things such as chicken bones. This is why teeth remain after a body is burned where bones don't.

I don't imagine they'd have done anything with his teeth regarding the Adamantium. It doesn't serve any purpose. Though one thing that had been downplayed in the films especially is Logan's super-naturally honed senses and his animal-like canine teeth, giving him a slightly feral appearance.

But then again, they cast a 6'4", great looking Aussie to play a 5'4", rugged, hairy Canadian. :D

Teeth and bones, while similar, are not the same. Collagen allows bones to be rigid, yet retain some measure of flexibility so they don't become brittle and break. Teeth contain dentine which gives them incredible rigidity that allows us to chew and crunch through things such as chicken bones. This is why teeth remain after a body is burned where bones don't.

I don't imagine they'd have done anything with his teeth regarding the Adamantium. It doesn't serve any purpose. Though one thing that had been downplayed in the films especially is Logan's super-naturally honed senses and his animal-like canine teeth, giving him a slightly feral appearance.

But then again, they cast a 6'4", great looking Aussie to play a 5'4", rugged, hairy Canadian. :D

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"