Thor game behind the scenes video @ NY comic-con.

Blight616

Civilian
Reaction score
Went to the NY Comic-con today & Sega had a room set up where they showed the video. After waiting on line the game producer gave a short history lesson on Thor & how the game will include elements from the movie & the comics. There was some concept art on display, one of which showed Surtur with Thor standing slightly higher then Surtur's ankle, probably showing the scale they are going for.

They then started the video which was mostly interviews with the game makers, they showed wire frame game models & more concept art showing Asgard & the nine realms, frost giants, trolls, Ulik & what looked like Mangog. From the game footage that they showed & it wasn't a lot by the way the game looked good. It showed Thor beating on the badguys & the producer said that he will use lightning, wind & grapple attacks on the badguys. After the video he answered some questions. One fan asked if there will be any cameos by other marvel heroes to which he answered " I can't say". I asked if Thor would fly in the game, he said they thought about it but decided against it.

Overall the game looked really good & definitly better then Sega's last few marvel games. From the footage & what the producer said it looks like they followed the god of war recipe for the in-game combat. Hopefully this turns out good.

Whoa, Mangog? Not a character I ever expected to see in a video game. That's awesome. :hehe:

Thanks for the summary, Blight. :up:

ulik looked pretty cool. they showed a few of the game costumes too and looks like you'll be able to get the movie suit (with and without helmet) and the current comic suit at least. the wii version looked more cartoony and the only suit you saw for it was the comic suit, but it's the only version that will have any motion controls

Got pics Lix?
no, it was in a closed off room and they said no cameras, sorry. i'm sure they'll pop up in a few weeks or so though.

def a god of war style game

Well crud for a game it's pretty hush hush lol Thanks for the update Lix!

I'm just curious how close to Viking:Battle for Asgard it is. If at all.
I mean in ways SEGA had that to practice on before taking on Thor. Either way it'll be in my collection, I'm glad I picked XBox 360 over WII lol

we only got a little gameplay footage and i've not seen battle for asgard to compare it to. but if it plays anything like god of war than this should be close. i'm glad it looks like sega is going with basically mods of already good games for this and cap (god of war and arkham asylum) as opposed to trying to build one from nothing like the ironman games. these both loo way better than ironman ones and they're not even finished yet

thing is the game is a stand alone story. It might not suck Nuff.

we only got a little gameplay footage and i've not seen battle for asgard to compare it to. but if it plays anything like god of war than this should be close. i'm glad it looks like sega is going with basically mods of already good games for this and cap (god of war and arkham asylum) as opposed to trying to build one from nothing like the ironman games. these both loo way better than ironman ones and they're not even finished yet
I've been too broke to pick up God of War, put it this way I JUST got Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 used the other day lol

thing is the game is a stand alone story. It might not suck Nuff.
yeah, but even though it's a stand alone story it hasn't had as long in development as most games get. i think it won't win any awards or anything, but it should still be pretty fun to play, especially for fans

I've been too broke to pick up God of War, put it this way I JUST got Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 used the other day lol
then hopefully you still have time to return that one. UA2 is by far the worst game in the series (though i would kinda like it to be the model for the eventual avengers game)

yeah, but even though it's a stand alone story it hasn't had as long in development as most games get. i think it won't win any awards or anything, but it should still be pretty fun to play, especially for fans
INDEED, I've been wanting a Thor/Asgard game since MUA 1! lol

then hopefully you still have time to return that one. UA2 is by far the worst game in the series (though i would kinda like it to be the model for the eventual avengers game)
heh I'll hold onto it. I mean I had given my MUA to my kids cuz it was for ps2 and I gave them my ps2 last Xmas cuz theirs died.
I actually only spent 10 bucks on UA2 cuz I traded my LotR ps2 games in. lol

ulik looked pretty cool. they showed a few of the game costumes too and looks like you'll be able to get the movie suit (with and without helmet) and the current comic suit at least. the wii version looked more cartoony and the only suit you saw for it was the comic suit, but it's the only version that will have any motion controls
Sounds like just the version I don't want to buy, then, as do the Wii versions of almost anything. :)

I'll probably wind up getting it for the 360, since I don't foresee any major, HDD-space-eating DLC in its future.

I cant think of anything cooler than being Thor and going into enchanted forests and mountains and hills to wreck shop on asgard's mythical creatures.

flying would have kicked ass though

It's a bit disappointing, but I can understand why they decided against it. Flying has historically been pretty tough to integrate into games properly unless it's the central gameplay mechanic. The real fun of Thor is smashing stuff and shooting lightning anyway, so I doubt we'll even miss flight too much.

Sure, I understand why they did it. It'd probably take away from gameplay in some aspects. It still would have been awesome though. Maybe a story mode w/flying and a story mode w/o...or something. Idk.

Yeah I'm sure there had to be some kind of flying. throwing Mjolnir to reach things or hit things gets boring after awhile.

I can see how flying and fighting gets kind of tricky after a while. I feel like all the IM game critiques were that the controls were kind of hard to get used to and play which I feel is what you get when you intergrate flying while fighting simultaniously (spelling). I think Thor will be alright, seeing the Cap game I think it looks alright. I wish a company other then SEGA would be creating these games honestly.....

I had an idea over in the Cap threads for a game I think would be a cool idea and is doable.
I would love a company to make a set of games where the heroes you play with THEIR stats and YOUR settings in a game and pit them against your Buddies Heroes' stats and settings. Like pitting YOUR favorite team in MUA games against your buddies' favorite team.

It's not entirely impossible to do since MUA HAS added Characters AFTER the game is out tho this is basically using your memory card against your buddies memory card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"