THOR gets ANOTHER new date: May 6, 2011

yea most give or take what type of film it is its usally 2-6 months of filming then rest of production for prep before/post-reshots. Then if its a sequel with the same crew and all that. Things can be shot at a quick pace since everyone knows how everyone works, they would already have cgi/sfx stuff to work off from and all that. Then there is those types of films that seem to take forever to film. Usually its on average 40-100+ days for shooting right for certain films right.

Last edited:
I remeber reading in the POTC thread they were looking at a month and a half of filming or something. Well how long did it take the first three POTC films to film on average? I just figured those were at least 3-4 month shoots, a reason as to why they were so late with the marketing for AWE. Obviously they were on a tight schedule at the time and I am sure they will scale things down this time, but that filming schedule just seems too short for a POTC film. Makes sense if they want the film out by 2011. They don't even have a director yet if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:
pirates 4 they got marshall(did chicago i believe) as director. But if alot of the crew and various actors are back for it sure filming will probably go quick and easy.

Yup. Great release date and should pay off at the box office.

Cool. :up:

Is it just me or has a lot of Marvel news been coming through the past few days?

Spider-Man 4 is rapidly trainwrecking before our eyes and Thor is gearing up to start shooting Friday so it makes sense that we're getting news

Someone said that the only way they could save Spider-Man 4 is have Bruce Campbell play Mysterio.

actually i want lizard and kraven for spider-man 4. But i do hope the guy now working on retooling the script can get it to the likeing of both the studio and raimi they can agree on. I do hope they can get the script fixed within the next 2-3 months. Then just start production like june/july and then release it like july/aug 2011 or release it in 2012.

But back to thor it is nice there is a good clear break between thor, cap, green lantern(DC) and other films. So the CBMs have more time to shine.

Great date. The only thing I didn't like is that after this change Paramount is going to release Pirates of the Caribbean 4 on May 20. That could be a problem for Thor.

Comic films tend to make most of their money on their opening weekends, don't they?

Yup. Then word of mouth will give it the legs. I don't wanna jinx it but I'm so confident this movie will be brilliant, I think it will do just fine box office wise.

Great date. The only thing I didn't like is that after this change Paramount is going to release Pirates of the Caribbean 4 on May 20. That could be a problem for Thor.
Thor makes the third Marvel hero whose first film will open the first weekend of May

In 2002 Spider-Man opened first week of May, Star Wars 2 opened late May
In 2008 Iron Man opened first week of May, Indiana Jones 4 opened late May
In 2011 Thor will open first week of May, Pirates of the Caribbean 4 will open late May

They can co-exist nicely

There is always a big sequel on Memorial Day weekend or at the end of May. Shrek, Indy, POTC, Terminator, Narnia, etc. Nothing new. I wouldn't worry too much about POTC 4, that is if Disney is even able to make that date at the rate they are going. The key is Thor is opening up the summer. With the exception of 2004-2006, every May has opened up with a Marvel movie since 2002. Sucks for Spidey because I don't see Avengers giving way to SM4 in 2012 either.

Thor makes the third Marvel hero whose first film will open the first weekend of May

In 2002 Spider-Man opened first week of May, Star Wars 2 opened late May
In 2008 Iron Man opened first week of May, Indiana Jones 4 opened late May
In 2011 Thor will open first week of May, Pirates of the Caribbean 4 will open late May

They can co-exist nicely

Yeah, I hope you're right. Maybe I'm worried because of what POTC2 did with Superman Returns back in 2006. Anyway, I'm pretty confident Thor will be a lot better than SR.

Yeah, I hope you're right. Maybe I'm worried because of what POTC2 did with Superman Returns back in 2006. Anyway, I'm pretty confident Thor will be a lot better than SR.

Thor has a crazy cast I think alot of people will be curious about it Plus Mavel Studio is on a roll and if Iron man 2 is as great as I think it is, it would only help Thor's chances. I can just imagine people saying. Hey those guys at Marvel seem to be making some pretty good flics lets see what this one is about. Not to mention I KNOW they gonna market the hell out of it. So it's not gonna be some unknown film, there will be hype surrounding it.

Superman Returns didn't make big money because it was probably one of the most boring super hero movies ever. When you are making a movie about Superman the last thing it should be is boring. It deserved to flop.

This is an excellent news, and it shows that Marvel & Paramount have the highest confidence in this movie, and they believe that it has what it takes to kickstart the Summer of 2011 movie season. If Thor delivers, it would be the first to blend superhero with sword-and-sandal fantasy into a major blockbuster, and it will probably launch Chris Hemsworth as a new rising star.

Superman Returns didn't make big money because it was probably one of the most boring super hero movies ever. When you are making a movie about Superman the last thing it should be is boring. It deserved to flop.

For fans who waited so long for a Superman movie to be made (with today's CGI F/X), SR was a bore throughout and a major disappointment. It's not surprising that WB has opted not to make a sequel for SR, and Singer has now moved on to X-Men 4. It was quite a blunder for WB.

Yea. I'm not even a big Superman fan. But the idea of a new Superman film with todays SFX had my mouth watering. And what did we get...?

Superman catching a car with shot brakes. Catching a plane. And lifting a Kryptonite mountain. :dry:

Forget Superman... Thor will blow SR out of the water.

On a side note, how do you guys see the release dates shaping up after 2011? We got some X-Men movies, another Spidey movie, Batman 3, IM3... I guess we lucked out in 2011, but it won't clear up anytime soon as long as these films eventually get made.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"