Summer of 2011

Raiden

Wakanda Forever
Reaction score
With Fox's announcement of releasing X-Men: First Class on June 3, 2011, the summer of 2011 suddenly gets very crowded with superhero movies. Thor is still set to release on May 6, Capt. America on July 11, and Green Lantern on June 17, we will be getting one superhero movie at least once a month from May to July. Will this hurt or help the superhero movies, or will it have no effect whatsoever?

It will hurt, of course. The general public simply doesnt care enough about superheroes to get excited over a new movie once a month.

Of course...they could push one of the movies to a fall/winter release...but come on...no one is going to go see a fantasy-type movie unless it's in the summer! (Well...except Avatar, the biggest movie of all time...and Lord Of The Rings...etc etc etc)

i think april was overloaded too
the losers
ironman 2
kick ass

i think april was overloaded too
the losers
ironman 2
kick ass

The only big title out of those is Iron Man 2. X-men might be getting the shaft here as I can see more people getting excited over Green Lantern which will receive tons of hype via teaser trailers and more.

^
I'm not so sure about that. Among the fanboys, GL being new might spark more interest, but I can't say the same about other movie goers.The three X-Men films and Wolverine were all popular so I can see there being more mainstream hype and attention being given to X-Men 4 as opposed to Green Lantern. The X films have already built up a mainstream audience over ten years. I think GL is going to have a to have a great marketing campaign that should start this summer.

X-men may have built up the mainstream audience but then they got it rid of them all with Wolverine haha. I think X-Men: First Class will be good but it'll be the least interesting of the 4 movies listed.

Honestly think GL is the odd man looking out. Marvel has superior dates and GL could get lost in the shuffle. Unless FC is a down right awful movie, it can still take a decent chunk out in its third week. GL or FC needs to go to December.

FC won't get completed on target. We're talking about inexperienced young actors and shoot after reshoot routines. Unless if they're aiming for crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"