Thor Set Visits Reveals some things....

Pretty cool. I can't wait to see how the rainbow bridge works on film.

Just wondering...... we know how Asgardians travel "off world" thru Heimdall's gate/portal, ........how do you suppose they get back?

Good question. Thor's hammer allows him to create portals. Not sure how the others would get back. Maybe they could signal Heimdall, since he can see practically anywhere, and he'd just bring them back from his end.

Beam me up Scot........er Heimdall:cwink:.

Again wondering.......why do you suppose the Warriors Three are on earth? Battle the Destroyer, banished by Loki, travel to earth to find Thor perhaps to seek his help against Loki........other?

I'm almost 100% certain they're there to help Thor in some way. If they stay true to the comics' version of the Warriors Three, they'll happily follow Thor into exile if the alternative is abandoning him to be killed by the Destroyer. So I think they (along with Sif) head down to Earth to warn him or help him or something.

Good question. Thor's hammer allows him to create portals. Not sure how the others would get back. Maybe they could signal Heimdall, since he can see practically anywhere, and he'd just bring them back from his end.

I think Sif's sword can also "cleave time and space", allowing her interdimensional travel, iirc...

Lots going on there, because they would also need Heimdall to agree with their mission on earth, whatever that might be.

I think Sif's sword can also "cleave time and space", allowing her interdimensional travel, iirc...

Hmmmm.........from the grand description of Heimdall's gate and the resource put into the production of that set, it would seem to be the film's paramount mode of transportation.

Avengers Prime, a comic that's currently being published, claims that while other gods can travel through dimensions on their own, it was all made possible because of the rainbow bridge, effectively expanding the bridge from just a bridge to the source of all interdimensional travel in Asgard.

Yeah, there were a couple comics that claimed it was her sword and another one that claimed it was her natural ability. I tend to favor the latter because I don't like having powers you can separate from a character by taking away their weapons, but the former's been shown more often. Regardless, they're both basically forgotten in comics after the '70s or '80s.

Beam me up Scot........er Heimdall:cwink:.

Again wondering.......why do you suppose the Warriors Three are on earth? Battle the Destroyer, banished by Loki, travel to earth to find Thor perhaps to seek his help against Loki........other?

My guess is they are none too happy with Loki taking the throne, find out about his part in getting Thor exiled, and head down to Earth to bring Thor back (Even if Loki is being a complete asshat in Asgard they would still need some justification in going against Odin's will to bring Thor back).

They possibly have to fight their way to Heimdall's gateway, so Loki will soon be aware of what they are up to, and sends the Destroyer down to Earth to kill them all. From there it's easy to assume the Destroyer tearing up the town, and Thor's realising he actually cares about these lowly mortals, will be the final catalyst in him regaining his worthiness and power (so Loki will be shooting himself in the foot a bit).

I'm almost 100% certain they're there to help Thor in some way. If they stay true to the comics' version of the Warriors Three, they'll happily follow Thor into exile if the alternative is abandoning him to be killed by the Destroyer. So I think they (along with Sif) head down to Earth to warn him or help him or something.

After Loki takes control of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"