Through some funky trickery, could KC Supes really be Kal-L?

Miss Webb

Sidekick
Reaction score
I mean, its weird how PeeGee sez KC Supes is like her cousin (not just in appearance). And SuperWoman looked like PeeGee...somethin' strange going on here. Some kind of universal transposition, maybe? With all the reality bending going on, I'm wondering if Prime will end up being a version of Kon-El!
42105a0b.gif

(1) KC Supes was from a divergent timeline, not Earth-2.
(2) This is not really the Superman from Kingdom Come. This is the Superman from an Earth which has history VERY similar to that of the divergent timeline portrayed in Kingdom Come.

(1) After Crisis on Infinite Earths, the multiverse was gone. However, the theory of hypertime doesn't depend on alternate universes. It's a theory that exists outside of comics. The theory is that time is like a river, with many tributaries. Some of them diverge very early, some of them diverged only a moment ago, some of them intersect, some of them eventually feed back into the main river. Kingdom Come is a divergent timeline that diverged probably sometime in the early or mid-1900s.

(2) Earth-22 of the new multiverse (I think that's the one) is not the actual universe shown in Kingdom Come. It's just very similar, maybe even identical, but not the same.

You really have to make a different thread every single time you think of something new to add to this theory? Your old post isn't even off the first page yet! You have no idea how much I hate to agree with Assassin, but seriously...this place isn't a blog.

Nope. Kal-L is dirt napping for sure after the last JSA issue. PG pretty much confirmed it.

You really have to make a different thread every single time you think of something new to add to this theory? Your old post isn't even off the first page yet! You have no idea how much I hate to agree with Assassin, but seriously...this place isn't a blog.

have to agree, her posts are getting annoying.

KC Superman was never Kal-L in fact he was Post Crisis Superman if you read Kingdom Come the Absolute Edition they give a background of all the heroes in the book and they used Matrix's Supergirl and Conner Superboy for the Legion scene you see there.

See I always thought the same thing till I read the Absolute Edition. There he states they were based off Conner and Matrix. Which is why I guess they have a small part. I think most people assume he was using the Earth 2 heroes because he used Allan Scott for GL but that was not the case.

They wanted to use Hal as GL, but DC wouldn't let them. Apparently Ross or Waid didn't like Kyle, either, so they compromised on Alan.

Man, Kal-L sure rotted quickly. Especially considering regular Superman's body was able to heal its wounds and absorb solar energy even after Doomsday killed him.

New Earth's solar energy probably doesn't work as well on Earth-2 Supes or some nonsense.

At that time, in the mainline DCU, the Corps WAS gone, if I remember correctly. The implication, then, was that Kyle had somehow perished.

It's okay, a lot of people here annoy me, too. But if I spent all my time and energy responding to it I wouldn't do anything else.
Look, all they're saying is that not every single thought that floats through your head deserves its own thread, OK?

yeah...and thats cool. After reading and looking at Justice Vol.1-3 the man can do whatever he wants IMO

I'm really disappointed the teaser at the gravesite was a hoax. I really thought they were going to bring Kal-L back. We don't know how this KC Superman is different either, despite what PG says. It would have made a great side story to this "Crisis" that's coming, especially with Prime on the rampage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"