TMOS Review & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Superman kills Zod, what about the other Kryptonians??

clearly, they are a dangerous bunch, too.

why not just off them and be done with the threat??

in the future, Lex will ( most likely ) prove to be a dangerous foe. perhaps he too will be responsible for countless crimes and/or deaths.

why not snap his neck??

where do you draw the line?

Exactly. If anyone wants to see an animated film of Superman that I thought really tackled this very issue well, check out "Superman vs the Elite". That film did a great job answering on why Superman chooses not to kill, despite on how it may seemingly make things more better for the moment.

Zod appears to be coming to earth on a ship..

We don't know if there is a Phantom Zone in MOS..

People need to stop reading spoilers that could be fake..

We also don't know that Superman kills Zod in the movie but here the debate rages on.

I just did a lot of thinking on this issue and here are my two cents on it:

Having Superman kill Zod is brilliant.

No really, if it plays out as described, I think that's a great climax to this movie. Because think about it, this is a story of Kal-El trying to find his place in the world, where loneliness and isolation are key themes in the film, as he struggles to fit in with the rest of humanity. But then it turns out that there were actually survivors from Krypton and now Kal's entire world is turned upside down. He has to make a decision to either side with his people, or defend Earth. At the end he kills the only other (assuming the rest of Zod's henchmen are dead at the time) surviving Kryptonian, in order to save humanity who've sheltered him his whole life. The weight of that decision has got to be so overwhelming to him, it's indescribable.

I'm sorry but an ending like this fits so well with the theme of this movie. Some of you may not like it, and that's understandable, but I really think people need to give it a chance here. God forbid we see the guardian of humanity make extremely difficult decisions and express heavy emotions afterwards.

And God forbid Superman shows mercy and compassion by locking his people up instead of outright killing them.

As said, it really depends on the context. It could be done in an acceptable manner. But I'd like to see him avoid killing, at least this early. Allow him to uphold that rule. Don't play the moral condundrum thing as it was done in the Batman series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"