TNT greenlights 'Dallas'

BlackLantern

Eternal
Reaction score
DHD.com

DALLAS – Executive producer Cynthia Cidre, writer of the acclaimed film The Mambo Kings and creator/executiveproducer of the TV series Cane, has crafted an update of the long-running series about the Ewings of Southfork, whose betrayals, jealousies and passions have made them famous. The story focuses on the offspring of bitter rivals and brothers JR and Bobby Ewing, who clash over the future of the Ewing dynasty while the fate of Southfork itself weighs in the balance. This project, based upon the iconic series created by David Jacobs, comes to TNT from Warner Horizon Television.

I watched a bit of this growing up and it was very backstabbey and was CBS' flagship show

and with this being on cable, has the potential to be a sleeper hit - kinda like Mad Men was

Never saw the original. This might continue the trend of remaking an old series that I dont particularly care about into a new series I love (Battlestar Galactica).

the name alone is going to attract decent writers, it's on cable so content won't be as big of an issue, and you get some pretty people with Texas drawls...could be awesome

oh and squeeze Ian McShane in there somewhere

Ah, but who will play the new Major Nels-- I mean JR Ewing?

it will be a continuation....the sons of JR and Bobby Ewing and other assorted family fighting for Ewing Oil

Oh damn, I missed the offspring part. I guess that does leave it open to more cameos from the original cast than a remake would, though, so fans of the original wont have too much to ***** about.

My gawd! Can't Hollywood come up with anything original any more? And if not, why not make a show that I like.....like the Greatest American Hero? That would be a great remake!

TNT is really amping up its drama game. Interesting.

it can also be topical...Oil is on the way out, alternative fuels are coming in....you could do a power struggle in Ewing Oil over that

This show will probably be shot in New Orleans....making it seem like "Dallas."

and the original was shot mostly in Los Angeles wasn't it....Leverage is shot in Portland and they call it Boston

My gawd! Can't Hollywood come up with anything original any more? And if not, why not make a show that I like.....like the Greatest American Hero? That would be a great remake!

Hollywood really has become a pathetic excuse of what it used to be 20-30 years ago. Most of the movies nowadays seem to be rehash of old tv shows, comic books, video games, and an occasional book. I don't see the trend changing as long as people still cram the theaters to watch the nonsense.

I am torn between wanting a remake of The Greatest American Hero and leaving the original as it is. I loved the show when I was a young kid and watching it with my parents and siblings. The show is cheesy by today's standards but for me it has the innocence, good stories, and a great cast. I couldn't imagine anybody else playing Ralph or Bill (eating the dog biscuits) or the lovely Pam (I think that was the character name). Connie Sellecca was beautiful.

And of course a remake would ruin one of the greatest, if not the greatest, theme songs ever.

its why I think cable is a good fit for a show that did stuff like that

They need to open up with this:

[YT]Ffo2Oqt8bIM[/YT]

That is a pretty damn good theme.... I might like it even better than Hawaii Five-O.

its definitely in my top 5 of TV intros....Hawaii 5-0, Dallas, Dynasty (its classy), Batman: TAS, and Miami Vice

honorable mentions : Walker, Texas Ranger, BayWatch, Airwolf

Twilight Zone is in its own special category of TV awesomeness

Tales from the Darkside. But you guys don't know anything about that huh.

it was never on in my area...or it would be on for like 2 or 3 months and then it would get yanked

its definitely in my top 5 of TV intros....Hawaii 5-0, Dallas, Dynasty (its classy), Batman: TAS, and Miami Vice

honorable mentions : Walker, Texas Ranger, BayWatch, Airwolf

Conan O'Brien's non-stop "Walker, Texas Ranger" lever made me like that show. The show also had Nia Peeples, an 80's Never Was actress who looked pretty good during the last few seasons of that show. Also had Samo Hung, Hulk Hogan, Michael Ironside, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, Dan Lauria (The Wonder Years Dad) and Frank Stallone as guest stars.

[YT]QYS-UbMeMEg[/YT]
:wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"