Comics Tom Brevoort doesn't care what you think

I would be mostly okay with this if a) the BND stories didn't suck, and b) I could forget that Peter Parker made a deal with a devil...I mean, what's that say about his character?

I think they're trying to hard to make this book "different". Why can't they just write a comic book? Don't try to write like this is your flagship book...just write the good stories and it becomes the flagship title by itself. There are still plenty of ways to make an old book feel new. Look at Daredevil...one of the oldest Marvel books is now one of the best books out there. And look at Captain America...his book's been around since the '40's and it has SOARED to new levels of awesomeness under Brubaker. And there were radical changes under his run, too, (Bucky coming back, Cap being shot and killed, Bucky becoming the new Cap) and yet fans like myself still rave about it and love the book. All I'm saying is, there's a way to make changes and shake up a book without undermining it at the same time.

A thought just occured to me that tie's into my argument that creators shouldn't listen to fans.

In the early sixties everybody knew what made a good superhero. They would be handsome, confident, selflish, have exciting jobs and be pimps.

Stan Lee had an idea for a character that went against these basic principals and had to sneak the character into a comic that was being cancelled. The comic was Amazing fantasy and the character was Spider-Man. If stan Lee had of listen to the fans 46 years ago Spidey would have stayed in his head. :(

A thought just occured to me that tie's into my argument that creators shouldn't listen to fans.

In the early sixties everybody knew what made a good superhero. They would be handsome, confident, selflish, have exciting jobs and be pimps.

Stan Lee had an idea for a character that went against these basic principals and had to sneak the character into a comic that was being cancelled. The comic was Amazing fantasy and the character was Spider-Man. If stan Lee had of listen to the fans 46 years ago Spidey would have stayed in his head. :(

What comics were you reading? :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"