Toys R Us declares bankruptcy

I actually think this could work. People have gone way off amazon and people kind of forgot about toys r us before. It might have a chance?

Just hopefully it’s not as pricey as before

I think the key to any successful revitalization would need to involve some sort of customer interaction. Make shopping at Toys 'r Us an experience.

I think the key to any successful revitalization would need to involve some sort of customer interaction. Make shopping at Toys 'r Us an experience.

I think you're definitely on to something with this. Their stores were huge, bland like a warehouse, and in to many locations (in my area anyway).

I'd like to see them improve the store designs and interaction, scale back on size for all but one store in the area, and then use that larger store as a distribution center for web orders. They also need to enhance their website, it was antiquated and tough to use.

ToysRUs is like their abusive boyfriend who tells them it won't happen again and they would treat them better. Like Amazon when they raised their minimum wage. :sly:

I think you're definitely on to something with this. Their stores were huge, bland like a warehouse, and in to many locations (in my area anyway).

I'd like to see them improve the store designs and interaction, scale back on size for all but one store in the area, and then use that larger store as a distribution center for web orders. They also need to enhance their website, it was antiquated and tough to use.
I mean they could have play areas in the stores for kids to mess around in, maybe even do on-site focus-groups for new toys coming out. A run-of-the-mill retail store can't compete with Amazon on the simple basis of convenience. If a trip to Toys 'r Us is literally a matter of walking in, grabbing the item you want, paying, and walking out, then people will likely opt for the more convenient option of buying something online from the comfort of their homes. Offering customers an experience that they otherwise cannot get with internet shopping is the key here. If they're able to give kids something to do, parents might very well respond to something like that.

I mean they could have play areas in the stores for kids to mess around in, maybe even do on-site focus-groups for new toys coming out. A run-of-the-mill retail store can't compete with Amazon on the simple basis of convenience. If a trip to Toys 'r Us is literally a matter of walking in, grabbing the item you want, paying, and walking out, then people will likely opt for the more convenient option of buying something online from the comfort of their homes. Offering customers an experience that they otherwise cannot get with internet shopping is the key here. If they're able to give kids something to do, parents might very well respond to something like that.

You're basically creating a destination for stay at home parents, or during the winter to take kids, and increasing the amount of time people spend in the store. I'd say huge Lego areas, Hot wheels, places to test drive power wheels, a big Barbie play space, Slides next to stairs for 2 story spaces, etc.

More time in store should = more money spent. If they adopt that model they could also put in a decent cafe, or place to eat (as in not a McD's partnership) keeping people there even longer.

Last edited:
So they screwed over all their employees and now are coming slinking back like nothing happened?

I mean, they sort of had to because they were paying off the debt of them being bought out. A debt that was killing them, even though they were doing okay sales wise.

I can’t imagine a world where my future future kids don’t have Toys R’ Us, so seriously hoping it works out for them. Too much of my childhood.

I hope it works out for them. That photo of Geoffrey in an empty store waving goodbye ruined my life. That can't be allowed to stand.

Are there even toy stores anymore?

Oh well they’re selling toys so yes. But it is a shame the era of going into a store and exploring the toy section is over (unless you go to a general store like kmart or target)

At least they’re back! And they’ve got good stuff. I am quite relieved

Oh well they’re selling toys so yes. But it is a shame the era of going into a store and exploring the toy section is over (unless you go to a general store like kmart or target)

At least they’re back! And they’ve got good stuff. I am quite relieved
The only Kmart within fifty miles of me closed recently. They are all but dead.

Interesting, I am seeing that Toys R Us Canada picked up a lot of remaindered inventory from their former US affiliates. A lot of the True Heroes white-labelled Toys R Us toys from the U.S. with the U.S.-specific branding are showing up now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"