Trailer battle!!! Justice League vs Thor Ragnarok

Oh just no?

Do you honestly believe Thor is the same quality as BvS and TDW vs SS? I don't like TDW but SS is the worst cbm i have watched in the last 5 years (no, i haven't watched fan4stic).

There is a reason both Thor movies have better critics and audience scores than either DCEU movies in RT. Critics and audience...

Do you honestly believe Thor is the same quality as BvS and TDW vs SS? I don't like TDW but SS is the worst cbm i have watched in the last 5 years (no, i haven't watched fan4stic).

There is a reason both Thor movies have better critics and audience scores than either DCEU movies in RT. Critics and audience...

Wait, I thought it was just no.

Ragnarok. It managed to convince me they're not trying to repeat the same mistakes of the last movie, which I can't say yet about Justice League.

I loved both trailers.
163.gif
So can I vote for both?
47.gif

Clearly Thor Ragnarok.

I think both movies look bad, but the Thor trailer was worse. JL, for all its horrible effects and Snyder-isms, at least did a good job of achieving its rock and roll tone. Every single one of the jokes in the Thor trailer fell flat for me. Every single one. And personally, I like Thor as a majestic warrior, not a jokey buffoon. And the effects there were only marginally better.

I think both movies look bad, but the Thor trailer was worse. JL, for all its horrible effects and Snyder-isms, at least did a good job of achieving its rock and roll tone. Every single one of the jokes in the Thor trailer fell flat for me. Every single one. And personally, I like Thor as a majestic warrior, not a jokey buffoon. And the effects there were only marginally better.

Every single one, huh? There was exactly one gag in the Ragnarok teaser.

No there wasn't. There was that narration at the beginning and then the "friend from work!" nonsense. I'm sure there are more, but if not, then those two just really didn't sit right with me.

No there wasn't. There was that narration at the beginning and then the "friend from work!" nonsense. I'm sure there are more, but if not, then those two just really didn't sit right with me.

The narration was not a gag. I can understand the single joke in the trailer ruining it for you, but let's not complain about stuff that simply isn't there.

The narration was not a gag. Not even close. It wasn't meant to invoke laughs or grins. There were far more jokes in the JL trailer so if jokes are your issue maybe you will find more there.

That Thor trailer is so damn addictive. And it confirms why this was the film of 2017 on my priority list. JL looks like it could be fun but the previous films have done nothing to make me excited for it.

And I know they don't want to tease Supes but that lineup looks lame without him.

Last edited:
It's also interesting to check the number of views for each of these trailers and their respective "approval ratings".

THOR RAGNAROK - Teaser Trailer (12 days after release)

- 516.099 Likes
- 16.728 Dislikes
- 96.8% Approval

Justice League - Official Trailer (28 days after release)

- 377.986 Likes
- 24.145 Dislikes
- 93.9% Approval

The narration was not a gag. I can understand the single joke in the trailer ruining it for you, but let's not complain about stuff that simply isn't there.

Frankly, I think we're getting close to pedantry, but fine. I though the one joke was really bad and I found the overall comedic tone of the trailer to be a misfire.

The narration was not a gag. Not even close. It wasn't meant to invoke laughs or grins.

That's definitely not true. Paraphrasing, but: "I bet you're wondering how I got myself in this situation." We see Thor hanging upside down over a pit of lava (I believe) looking bewildered. That was absolutely supposed to make you laugh/smile.

There were far more jokes in the JL trailer so if jokes are your issue maybe you will find more there.

The issue is that the jokes - or joke - weren't/wasn't funny, not that they were there. I didn't laugh at all watching the JL trailer, but I didn't find the jokes or comedy to be distracting either.

That's not a joke. Come on.

Even if it isn't exactly a joke - and again, I think correcting me on the terminology of a moment or moments that are meant to be humorous is borderline pedantic, though understandable, since I suppose I did misspeak - it was still a moment put in to make you laugh or smile and it fell flat for me.

Last edited:
Wait, no, I'm totally wrong. Sorry guys. I don't know why or how, but I remembered the opening going totally differently than it did. I just rewatched the first part to have proof I'm not crazy, and as it turns out...I am. It's not meant to be funny at all, don't know what the hell I was drinking that day.

Thor Ragnarok ... look promised...and good trailer

Justice League...where Superman....i don't like it...

Ugh...I really don't know. Seeing the League united vs World War Hulk & Hela? Both of them make me..:hmr:

Jl was better. Not a fan of marvel, and that"friend from work" nonsense was ridiculous. I agree I prefer Thor being a warrior over Robert Downey light. Don't get me wrong though. They both sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"