Age of Extinction Transformers 2 Strike update

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=39224
DreamWorks/Par's "Transformers 2" is far enough along to proceed with pre-production, location scouting and advance VFX work, but will face serious issues if the strike continues for several months. Michael Bay's megabudget sequel isn't set to start filming until June. Di Bonaventura's "Edwin A. Salt" will likely be pushed back, too.

Hopefully it will be resolved in time.

If the strike is still going on by June then they wont be able to get any actors because the Actors guild will go on strike in July & then the Hollywood Studios would have go give up even more money to both guilds. They are idiots if they wont end the strike now.

I have a feeling this strike will be over in January or December. TF2 will not be harmed by this silly little strike.

I am not part of the actors guild, hire me! lol. Its a shame that Optimus Prime is a memeber though, oh well i guess we should kill him off and than we will have our film in time, jokes.

They really need to resolve this strike quickly, otherwise BO takings in 2009 and 2010 will suffer a lot and it may take a while before they recover, the GA lose interest very easily.

dude, I'm with you on that one.

If the strike is still going on by June then they wont be able to get any actors because the Actors guild will go on strike in July & then the Hollywood Studios would have go give up even more money to both guilds. They are idiots if they wont end the strike now.

Which makes the future look even more bleak....
I have a feeling this strike will be over in January or December. TF2 will not be harmed by this silly little strike.

That's the key! Stay positive.

I am not part of the actors guild, hire me! lol. Its a shame that Optimus Prime is a memeber though, oh well i guess we should kill him off and than we will have our film in time, jokes.

OP's a member of the actor's guild? Whoa! :wow:

Oh wait, do you mean Peter Cullen? Damnit!
They really need to resolve this strike quickly, otherwise BO takings in 2009 and 2010 will suffer a lot and it may take a while before they recover, the GA lose interest very easily.

Yes, yes, yes! Carmike is going to look at the new 12 screen cinema they're about to open in my town and think "Why in the hell did we spend millions to build that when there aren't any movies playing?"

I say we TF fans unite.....write the script ourselves.....hire the main actors before the AG strike (of course keep Bay and Spielberg on :cwink:) and get this movie on the big screen!!! :hyper:

Okay, I'm just dreaming. :word:

i dont think transformers 2 will be affected. i just hope the guys in the head give the writers a raise so theres no risk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"