Revenge of the Fallen Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Outselling Star Trek

S.A.A.D.

Superhero
Reaction score

http://www.superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=8432

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Outselling Star Trek

Source:Fandango
June 17, 2009

"Fandango has announced that Michael Bay's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is outselling J.J. Abrams' Star Trek and the original Transformers:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen doesn't open till next week (June 24th), but as of this morning, the film already represents 45% of ticket sales on Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination.

The film is currently outpacing this summer's Star Trek movie and the original Transformers in advance ticket sales on Fandango at the same point in those films' sales cycles (one week before release date).

"For nearly two years - since the last Transformers opened - this new movie has been one of the most highly-anticipated films among fans on our site," says Rick Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Fandango. "Tickets for the new Transformers are already selling fast, so moviegoers should plan on buying their tickets in advance, as many showtimes are certain to sell out next week."

Fandango has surveyed nearly 2,000 moviegoers planning to see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Among the findings:

* 88% of respondents said they are fans of director Michael Bay; 66% of them picked Transformers as their favorite Bay film.
* 77% of respondents say they were fans of Transformers when they were kids; 68% of those fans watched the cartoon series, while 61% played with the toys.
* 45% picked Optimus Prime as their favorite Transformer; 21% picked Bumblebee; 4% picked Megatron.
* 62% of respondents are 18-34 years old; 63% are male.

In a separate survey on Fandango, 36% of moviegoers picked Transformers star Megan Fox as the sexiest female star of the summer. For the complete list of moviegoer picks for "The Top 10 Sexiest Summer Stars."

It's Titanic all over again.

No, it isn't. Titanic started off relatively slow and built up momentum as the weeks went on, growing the biggest legs of any film since the original Star Wars or Gone With The Wind. Films that start off big like this rarely if ever continue as the weeks go on. The Dark Knight is the only recent example I can think of where presales ended up echoing the ultimate box office totals in the end of a film's run.

Hey is any theaters in your alls cities doing round the clock showings? Two theaters in my hometown are doing round the clock showings.

Does this come as any surprise? Transformers was always supposed to be the biggest movie of the summer.

:waa: :waa:

Luke Skywalker: It's not true! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
Padme Skywalker: So this is how cinema dies... with thunderous applause...
Yoda and Obi-Wan: I feel a great disturbance in the movie-force

THESE MESSAGES PAID FOR BY JJ ABRAMS

No really. Sad news.

It seems impressive, but what makes Star Trek truly successful is due to its strong legs and small drop-off after the opening week. ROTF will not only have huge opening, but keep its earnings up in subsequent weeks.

its not a surprise...but one thing is for certain...TDK tickets sold out the midnight imax shows a month in advance...and just last month when Star Trek came out...the imax shows were also already sold out at my local imax theater over a week in advance...and I'm surprised that Transformers isn't already posted as sold out so far...but I know its gonna be huge and its gonna be a long fun day...I'm not doing the midnight show this time cuz all my friends are *****es but im gonna be first in line for the 7pm show for sure for my imax...

ROTF will not only have huge opening, but keep its earnings up in subsequent weeks.

THIS! THIS! THIS!:trans: Unless something tragic happens I believe TF2 will outdo TF1 here and worldwide, I have my tickets and ready to go!!

well...the midnite imax show near me has sold out as of today according to fandango...3:15 still open...i expect by this weekend they are now gonna be showing that all major showtimes are sold out.

Wow. It's poised to sell more advance tickets than a film the mainstream audience didn't really give a flying you-know-what about until word-of-mouth kicked in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"