Age of Extinction Triple Changers in TF2?

Raiden

Wakanda Forever
Reaction score
Both my brother and I are huge TF fans since we were young, and we both love the triple changers (Blitzwing for him, Astrotrain for me). My question is, is it possible to introduce triple changers in the sequel? Moviegoers have accepted the concept of vehicles changing into giant robots; it shouldn't be a stretch for them to accept that a vehicle can change into a robot and then change to a different vehicle. I think this will give the moviegoers a "wow" reaction, after thinking that they know everything about Transformers already. Triple changer will make them realize that what they see in the first movie is just a tip of the iceberg.

When I found out that Megatron was destined to transform into a star fighter of sorts I was mildly disappointed on the basis that I've always thought that a futuristic tank would be an appropriate alter ego in lieu of the handgun. After seeing him on screen as the alien fighter craft I liked the result, but still that tank idea drew me and then I thought, "Hey, what about two forms? There have been 'triple changers' in Transformers lore after all."

That's the way I'd do it. Megatron only, courtesy of whatever plot device is used to bring him and Jazz back, ramped up to another degree by remnants of the Cube embedded inside him.

How kick ass would it be for a car to drive up to Prime and he'd transform and point his gun at it. Then out of nowhere the car transforms into a friggin missile launcher truck and begins assaulting Prime with rockets. Imagine what the audience would do. :grin:

Triple Changers? For my Transformers 2 story Devastator is going to be formed by 3 Constructicons in Las Vegas

Triple Changers? For my Transformers 2 story Devastator is going to be formed by 3 Constructicons in Las Vegas

No, Devastator is a gestalt (robot formed by a combination of other smaller robots). I'm talking about triple changer, which is robot that has 2 different vehicle modes. For instance, Astrotrain is a triple changer that can change into a space shuttle, a train, and a robot.

OOHHH!! No wonder when i searched for Astrain it showed a Space Shuttle and a Train :huh: O well i think any Transformer can do that right? Cuz Transformers are robots that can disguise themselfs and can change their appearance anytime they want (like bumblebee)

OOHHH!! No wonder when i searched for Astrain it showed a Space Shuttle and a Train :huh: O well i think any Transformer can do that right? Cuz Transformers are robots that can disguise themselfs and can change their appearance anytime they want (like bumblebee)

Well, original Transformers do not change their appearance whenever they want (unlike the movie Bumblebee and Frenzy); they picked a form and stick with it, which makes Triple Changers so awesome since they picked two vehicle modes in the beginning and were able to disguise themselves better than other two-mode TFs. This makes them unique and quite versatile in combat.

Well, original Transformers do not change their appearance whenever they want (unlike the movie Bumblebee and Frenzy); they picked a form and stick with it, which makes Triple Changers so awesome since they picked two vehicle modes in the beginning and were able to disguise themselves better than other two-mode TFs. This makes them unique and quite versatile in combat.

OOOOooooh..... so a Transformer mostly stick with one disguise because probably their memory just want to memo one design. Triple CHangers Have memory to store 3 transformations. So they are smarter because they can change 3 forms in a same body.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but they would have to come up with a plausible transformation sequence, and since they want to avoid as much as cheating as possible, it would be tricky for a live-action film. Blitzwing would be a lot easier to adapt than Astrotrain, IMO. The conversion from robot-to-jet-to-tank is easier to swallow. Astrotrain would involve too much size-changing and mass-shifting.

yeah then for my homemade comic i won't make Astrain cuz trains have different mass and size than a spaceshuttle but who knows...we are talking about super deep space metal that is unknown to Earth so maybe they have a mass changing metals that follows the concept of regenerating and degenerating.

Yes, how cool would it be to see a jet swoop in and as it lands, transforms into a tank and blow the **** out of things.

Yes, how cool would it be to see a jet swoop in and as it lands, transforms into a tank and blow the **** out of things.

Yeah, something like this will really have the "WOW" effect, and moviegoers will be treated to an image that they never seen before, even though they thought they already know all there is to know about Transformers from the first movie. A triple changer (and gestalt) will definitely up the ante in the sequel.

Yes, Blitzwing would be a great move. Astrotrain, not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"