Age of Extinction What element would you want introduced for the sequel?

Iceburgeruk

Civilian
Reaction score
What kind of bits or characters do you think should be brought in if the first transformers film is a big success? I personally would simply want the triple changers. I think an opening scene with blitzwing would surprise a lot of non-transformer fan movie goers. A tank transforming in a split second into a jet fighter could seriously surprise an enemy and turn the tables in an action scene.

If i had to pick a second choice i would choose one of the multiple groups like the constructicons or combaticons. I like the idea of the dinobots and insecticons but i think they should be left until a third or fouth film.

My personal opinion is that the films should have a core of about ten transformers (good and bad) with only the perifery ones being interchangable. This way you have an ongoing story off about six good guys and bad guy transformers with supporting ones being introduced, expanded upon, dropped back to make way for another supporting transformer before perhaps returning again to the primary ten in a later film.

The main wow factor should be a group or type of transformer they throw into the individual film.

To demonstrate these ideas:

Transformers The Movie: The transforming robot idea is the spectacle. So you are shown a variety of two stage transformations ie car to robot, tank to robot, scorpion robot to humanoid robot, jet to robot etc.etc. No further variations are neccesary as the simple weirdness of transforming robots is utilized. Bonecrusher and vortex introduced could lead as i mention later to combaticons or constructicons in a sequel.

Transformers The Movie 2: The various factions are expanded upon and the backstory solidified. Transforming robots should still be the spectacle with more elaborate fights planned. Triple changers introduced as new wow factor. More autobot and decepticons are shown in background or as supporting characters. Primarily more of what the first film will undoubtably have. Either more constructicons or more combaticons introduced in minor plot thread or simply in background of scenes. This continues on from first film`s apparant inclusion of vortex and bonecrusher.

Transformers The Movie 3: Even more character development. Significantly impressive bases are built as the two forces become entrenched. Perhpas idea of the space bridge thing to cybertron is fromulated or perhaps even fully realized. Introduction of the combiner groups most likely the constructicons or combaticons for previously mention reasons. Big autobot combiner vs decepticon combiner battle. Or mabe an underdog battle with normal autobots desperatly fighting a decepticon combiner.

And so on.

IF IF IF a sequel gets made, I'd like for them to just expand on the already introduced characters and have a few more Autobots and Decepticons come to Earth. Personally I'd love to see Shockwave come down and have a power-struggle with Megatron on who will lead the Decepticons.

I could see Shockwave come down, bringing a small force of Decepticons that want to overthrow Megatron. Shockwave could bring two Triple Changers with him. Maybe Octane and Blitzwing (though they'd have to be seriously altered as far as their alt. modes go, since the size-relationship of their two different alt. modes wouldn't be able to translate to film well). If Soundwave doesn't make it into the first film, then Shockwave could bring him along. Maybe Soundwave turns out to be loyal to Megatron the whole time, tricking Shockwave?

I could also see a group of Autobots coming down to Earth on a search and rescue mission to find Prime, if the Autobots were crash-landed in the first film. If they aren't crash-landed in the first film, then maybe Prime could get a transmission out to Cybertron, for more reinforcements. This could allow characters like Hot Rod, Prowl, Grimlock, and Arcee to be introduced (NOTE: These 'Bots were chosen due to the possiblity of them actually being characters the studios would consider).

A Team of Prowl, Grimlock, Hot Rod, and Arcee is pretty good for a sequel...
Prowl - Mission Leader. Top-Ranking Autobot. Strategic Genius.
Grimlock - Big Warrior. Shows More Violent-Side to Autobots. Less Tolerant to Humans.
Hot Rod - Young. Reckless. Inexperienced, yet Shows Potential.
Arcee - Introduction to Female Transformers. Gives Interesting Spin.

Rodimus...just to piss the Rodimus haters off;)

Stunticons and Jetfire/Skyfire.

Decepticons should have no cars in the first movie. That was the whole point of Transformers (standard vehicles vs more advanced military and arial machines).

This demarkation was so pronounced that the Stunticons didn't even consider themselves Decepticons.... and Jetfire/Skyfire was originally a Decepticon!!!

Michael Bay missed the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"