• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Tumbler vs Toyota F1

bapi

Sidekick
Reaction score
Toyota joins forces with Batman

The Toyota Formula 1 team will have a special partner at the upcoming British Grand Prix. The team will be backed by Warner Bros. movie 'The Dark Knight' which is the latest batman movie that will be released at the end of this month in cinemas.

The much-anticipated film, which releases in cinemas across the UK on 25 July, is the follow up to the 2005 action hit Batman Begins. The Dark Knight reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who again portrays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

To mark the release of The Dark Knight, Panasonic Toyota Racing will see its livery slightly change. The Dark Knight artwork will feature on the TF108s and the overalls of Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock, as well as the team's motor home.

The Batmobile will even take to the Silverstone track on Thursday evening for a demonstration run alongside the TF108.

GP Update

Awesome, I love F1, not as much as I love Batman though.

Too bad they couldn't do it with a good team. But team Ferrari has too much class to do something like that.

By the way, WB has be breaking records on the money they're dropping marketing this movie. On top of what they've already done, F1 is like the most financially lucrative sport in the world.

Too bad they couldn't do it with a good team. But team Ferrari has too much class to do something like that.

By the way, WB has be breaking records on the money they're dropping marketing this movie. On top of what they've already done, F1 is like the most financially lucrative sport in the world.
You are right about Ferrari, their main sponsor is Marlboro, yet you cannot even use cigarette advertising anymore in the sport. Still, hope the livery looks good on the Toyota come the weekend.

I HATE Toyota!

They should do something like Indiana Jones, backing Nascar or IndyCars.

Then again F1 is global, where as Nascar and Indy Car is exclusively American. Good bit of motorsport marketing by Warner Bros.

Damn, why does this forum lag so much?

Anyway, i remember Superman Returns had a similar deal with Red Bull during the GP of Monaco. They even made Coulthard wear a red cape over his suit when we went on the pondium.
Oh and SW epis III had a deal with RB too. The pit crew were dressed as clone soldiers and the lollipop man was Darth Vader.....eh....

I remember that, the Star Wars livery was ok, outfits were hilarious though on the pit crew

Why does it have to be with a so-called "good team"?

If its on any F1 car should look good enough to me, especially with the driver and pit crew dressed for the occassion aswell.

Damn, why does this forum lag so much?

Anyway, i remember Superman Returns had a similar deal with Red Bull during the GP of Monaco. They even made Coulthard wear a red cape over his suit when we went on the pondium.
Oh and SW epis III had a deal with RB too. The pit crew were dressed as clone soldiers and the lollipop man was Darth Vader.....eh....
yeah, that was great.
pitcrewpk7.jpg

This is a photo taken in the paddock this morning, just the one tdk logo so far, hope there is more than that!

BAtToyota.jpg

Really a bit of a shame they didnt do the whole car

silverto.jpg

Then again F1 is global, where as Nascar and Indy Car is exclusively American. Good bit of motorsport marketing by Warner Bros.

It's not just global, it's probably the biggest sport in the world after soccer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"