Two Conan Games?

EdRyder

Sidekick
Reaction score
For quite some time now Ive been looking forward to this Conan game...Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures to be exatct.An MMORPG.

Now,theres another Conan game...This one is being produced by Nihilistic,not Funcom.. simply called Conan:The Game
Looks like a God of War ripoff
Two completeley different titles from completey different devs

Conan:The Game is coming out in late October
While Age of Conan, wont be out till later next year(the way things are going probly Oct, Nov 08)
The PC version should be out much sooner,but I really want Age of Conan for the 360 (clearly the better game)

Age of Conan screens:

age-of-conan-20070702042709722.jpg

age-of-conan-hyborian-adventures-20.jpg

Conan the Game screens:
conan-20070910055520006.jpg

conan-20070910055524897.jpg

Yea, im looking forward to Conan. Its gonna kick ass.

I think the Xbox360 is more suited to the regular Conan action game.

Massively Multiplayer games haven't been done well on consoles, and I really won't care if they ever are.

I'm looking forward to the Conan games. I'll definitely be buying them for hte 360.

I think the Xbox360 is more suited to the regular Conan action game.

Massively Multiplayer games haven't been done well on consoles, and I really won't care if they ever are.

That everquest game was huge for a while, as was PSO.

Those weren't MMOs. They were online RPGs, but not MMOs.

I misspoke when I classified it as an MMO-It isnt like Warcraft or Stormreach at all where you have to be a member of a party for the majority of missions.Its single player from the jump like Oblivion.
Later on in the game you have the option to join a guild and build cities together and conquer other PC "battlekeeps"

You are never "required" to team up with any other players to complete Age of Conan ,its an entire solo campaign

From the Age of Conan's website:

1.2 What is Age of Conan?

Age of Conan is a MMO based on the Conan fantasy license originally created by the famed author Robert E. Howard. Set in 10.000 BC in the world of Hyboria, the game will provide players a unique opportunity to live their virtual lives in a detailed world holding thousands of other players. In this brutal, lush and barbaric world they can embark on an amazing and action-filled journey in the footsteps of the worlds’ greatest fantasy hero. Here you can meet Conan’s friend and foes, battle demons and monsters known from 70 year of Conan history, and step up to the ultimate challenge and even befriend the mighty king Conan himself. You can also engage in guild warfare and embark on challenging quests which all stay true to the original written works by Robert E. Howard.

1.6 Will we have to pay a subscription fee to play?
Yes, there will be a monthly subscription fee. The price is yet to be determined, but will most likely follow the norm of the genre. The first 30 days of gameplay will be included when you purchase the retail box.

I'll pass on Age of Conan.

I misspoke when I classified it as an MMO-It isnt like Warcraft or Stormreach at all where you have to be a member of a party for the majority of missions.Its single player from the jump like Oblivion.
Later on in the game you have the option to join a guild and build cities together and conquer other PC "battlekeeps"

You are never "required" to team up with any other players to complete Age of Conan ,its an entire solo campaign

Yeah, a single player campaign that I have to pay monthly for after I buy the game? No thanks.

Monthly fees are crap. Especially when we're already paying for Xbox Live.

I'm not a hater of monthly fee's, I've been playing MMO's for the better part of 10 years, 15$ a month is next to nothing, expecially when you play something along the lines of 100hours a month.

I just hate the idea of paying to play a single player game. I know that once you hit lvl 20 you can get out of the singleplayer zone, but from what I've heard, they're wanting to make the 1-20 game around the time it takes to get a first character to 40 on WoW for the first time on both.

That Monthy Fee bit is for the PC version tho.I cant imagine a 360 game asking for a monthly fee-The fee is the Xbox live subscription already right?,and whatever updates are available you could probly pay per download,,..like they do everything else

They know almost nothing about what the 360 version is going to be like at this point..What the controls will be like,will you be able to use a keyboard etc,etc..

Ok,..Il admit its a little bit my own taste-(Conan) Also ,Ive never really jumped on the Online RPG bandwagon .Ive played Stormreach for a few months.And I played Never Winter Nights 2 (but never online)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"