Underrated Films: Your Opinon

The final scene between Oak and Tellis is probably one of the alternately saddest and greatest scenes I've seen in a long time.
Plus, how can you not love a guy like Oak?
Yeah, great movie.

intermission.jpg

Does people underrate Batman Returns..:eek:?

Yeah, sadly. I prefer B89 better. But BR is such an excellent film! The script is better, Peiffer owns as Catwoman, Burton turned Penguin from a boring charcter to a interesting one. Max Shreck was a mirror to Bruce Wayne. The finale where Bruce tries to get to Selina by taking off his mask. The party, where Bruce and Selina ironically are the only ones without masks. And that same whole scene between Keaton and Peiffer. We didn't have any of that in B89 between Keaton and Basinger. Burton was the first to show us a dark comic book hero on the screen and make it work. The first and only German expressionist film to be sold in a Happy Meal. :up:

Speed Racer
Superman Returns
Equilibrium
Spider-Man 3

One movie that I enjoy which lots of people ignore is "Ghosts of Mississippi", with Alec Baldwin as real-life Jackson County lawyer Bobby DeLaughter, who in the mid-1990s finally succeeded in convicting white supremacist Byron de la Beckwith (James Woods) for the 1963 murder of civil-rights activist Medgar Evers. It's a very touching story about the value of life, regardless of creed or color. Whoopi Goldberg co-stars as Evers' widow Myrlie, while Bill Macy and Craig T. Nelson give excellent supporting performances under Rob Reiner's direction.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

28 Days Later
Bean
The Boys In Company C
Casualties Of War
Empire Of The Sun
Hamburger Hill

There are more that I think are underrated but I will post them later.

Infernal Affairs. It's a wonderful foreign film that didn't get as much attention stateside as it deserved.

Waterworld. It's an ambitious film; I don't know why many consider it a failure.

Tony Rome: one of Sinatra's lesser known films, but a joy to watch.

Dead Ringer: The plot is ridiculous, but it's a sound film with a few nice twists.

Batman Returns

Spider-Man 3... a little... it deserves some of the flack it gets

Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion

Spider-Man 3

Despite many things about that film that I don't like you cannot deny that the early scenes with Sandman were incredible. I love the fight on the armored truck and of course the subway sequence.

Have to agree with a few choices I've seen earlier too :-)spidey:3, :supes: Returns)

But my own 2 cents, I'd have to say Just Friends, this movie is hilarious if you haven't seen it. Anna Faris is just too much :lmao: and Ryan Reynolds is great too (They all are, Chris Klein(!) :funny:)

just_friends.jpg

Despite many things about that film that I don't like you cannot deny that the early scenes with Sandman were incredible. I love the fight on the armored truck and of course the subway sequence.

Agreed. The Birth of Sandman is a gem to behold. The most touching part of the film for me. I wasn't much of a fan of Young's score, but the score their really carried it. To the parts with him struggling to find his balance and getting up. The whole scene was beautiful. SM3 gets too much flack.

Seelpers, maybe?

2zf1vex.jpg

Excellent pick. Friend of mine let me borrow his copy, I had no idea what to expect, ended up enjoying it immensely.

Halloween II

Agreed. In my opinion, that was the end of Michael Myers. Well, I liked H2O, but 4 and 5 sucked. But hell, I watch them anyway. And I won't even get started on 3. :csad:

hulk_verdvd.jpg
Flawed yes? Awful no. It broke away from your typical popcorn movie fare. It's definitely better than most of Marvel's movies *glares at F4, DD, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Blade*

039_BROTHERHOODOFTHEWOLF_2SIDED~Brotherhood-of-the-Wolf-Posters.jpg
Got **** on by critics for having too much of an inconsistent style, but I thought it was a great period piece suspense movie. I love period piece suspense horror.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"