Universal Pictures Loads 2 Guns

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47514
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
August 1, 2008

Universal Pictures has picked up the rights to graphic novel "2 Guns" from Boom! Studios, says The Hollywood Reporter. Marc Platt will produce the crime thriller via his Marc Platt Productions along with Boom! co-founders Andrew Cosby and Ross Richie. It's the third time the parties are teaming up.

"Guns," written by Steven Grant with art by Mat Santolouco, follows a DEA agent and an undercover Naval Intelligence officer who are unwittingly investigating each other and who steal mob money for the good guys. They realize later that the mob actually got them to steal $50 million from the CIA.

The project is targeted to be a throwback to classic '80s buddy cop movies in the vein of "Lethal Weapon" and "48 HRS.," but with a modern spin.

Sounds fun, if they can get two good actors for the leads I'll look forward to this.

Very cool premise. :up: It will be interesting to see who they cast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i4a50bb94c176803b19c9de6016a63a0b

'Brotherhood' creator loading '2 Guns'
Blake Masters tapped to adapt graphic novel for Universal

Blake Masters is getting his bullets ready for "2 Guns."

The creator of Showtime's "Brotherhood" has been tapped to adapt the Boom! Studios graphic novel set up at Universal.

Marc Platt is producing the crime thriller via his Marc Platt Prods. banner along with Boom! co-founders Andrew Cosby and Ross Richie.

"Guns," written by Steven Grant with art by Mat Santolouco, follows a DEA agent and an undercover naval intelligence officer who are unwittingly investigating each other and who steal mob money for the good guys. They realize later that the mob actually got them to swipe $50 million from the CIA.

The project aims to be a throwback to classic '80s buddy cop movies in the vein of "Lethal Weapon" and "48 HRS.," but with a modern spin.

Jeffrey Kirschenbaum is overseeing for the studio; Adam Siegel shepherds for Marc Platt Prods.

Master's "Brotherhood" followed two Rhode Island brothers, one a gangster, the other a politician, who were often forced to work together. The show, praised for its nuanced writing and acting, aired for three seasons, and Masters directed several episodes.

I don't know why, but I want to see Matt Damon team up with Mark Wahlberg.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=86773

Denzel Washington Eyes 2 Guns

Source: Deadline
February 7, 2012

Denzel Washington is in talks to join the cast of Universal Pictures' 2 Guns, Deadline reports. Mark Wahlberg is already attached to star as well.

Based on the graphic novel by Steven Grant and published by BOOM! Studios, 2 Guns features a script by Blake Masters and will be directed by Baltasar Kormakur (Contraband).

"2 Guns" is a pulp story about cops and thieves and the men that are something in between. In the graphic novel, Trench has targeted a local bank to rob, and asked Steadman in on the job. Trench figures it's a great way to score – considering it's a cover for mob money. They'll be thieves ripping off thieves. But what Steadman doesn't know is that Trench is a DEA agent. And what Trench doesn't know is that Steadman's got his own secret and isn't who he appears to be.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89001

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=47520
2 Guns looks to have found its female lead. Deadline reports that Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol star Paula Patton is in negotiations to appear in the BOOM! Studios comic book adaptation.

Already set to star Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington, 2 Guns is a pulp story about cops and thieves and the men that are something in between. In the graphic novel, Trench has targeted a local bank to rob, and asked Steadman in on the job. Trench figures it's a great way to score – considering it's a cover for mob money. They'll be thieves ripping off thieves. But what Steadman doesn't know is that Trench is a DEA agent. And what Trench doesn't know is that Steadman's got his own secret and isn't who he appears to be.

The original comic book was written by Steven Grant and illustrated by Mat Santolouco. The film version features a script by Blake Masters and will be directed by Baltasar Kormakur (Contraband).

This sounds but Denzel is always getting paired with some one in his movies like this lol.

AY8zFeJ.jpg

background.jpg

Last edited:
Ha, I do want to check this out.

Very well made trailer. Hit all the right spots for me.

Denzel started abusing Ethan Hawke, then Ryan Reynolds, and now Mark Wahlberg. I guess you can throw Chris Pine into there if you want.

I wasn't a fan of the director's other US movie but this looks solid, Wahlberg seems in comedy mode again and Denzel is always reliable. The action looks serviceable.

I didn't like Contraband too much either but Denzel having a coffee table sit down with hilariously hammy Bill Paxton has my arse in a seat.

MV5BMTg5MjY3NzAxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzkxODEzOQ@@._V1._SX640_SY479_.jpg

Denzel is almost 60 and dude looks only 40ish!

And Patton, damn...all day every day.

Been seeing a lot of commercials for this lately. Looking good to me.

It has Mark Wahlberg, of course I'm interested in it. And I liked Contraband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"