Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulManX

The Inspector!
Reaction score
http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/05/video-abcs-v.html

MAY 19, 2009
Video: ABC's creepy 'V' remake
ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson says his network's remake of the 1980s miniseries "V" could consist of four seasons, planned in advance, each with 13-22 episodes each (more on this, and ABC's fall schedule, here). The show is planned for midseason.

Below are two first-look previews and based on these, my hopes for the show are up. We've seen alien invasion stories so many times before, the challenge is to bring something new.

The second video in particular is a nicely done, tense scene, with Scott Wolf (and hey, he still looks like him) playing a journalist landing an interview with the alien leader (played by Brazilian actress Morena Baccarin). Every reporter's dream/nightmare.

I saw the clips and the show looks interesting. I'll be tuning in.

Elizabeth Mitchell = Me definately watching this show.

Saw the clip with Scott Wolf as a TV reporter. My expectations fell accordingly. :o

Sweet, hope it lives up to the original....but it probably wont. :( We shall see.

it doesn't even look as epic as the first film... I wish they'd start using kick ass detailed models more often... the old series had this dark horror quality to it almost that was just fantastic with terrific special effects at the time, some of which still hold up cuz they used realistic models, not horse **** rubbish shiny lame CGI

From the clips. It doesn't look we'll be see these bad boys ....

2d7t1k5.jpg

I guess their troop/security personnel will dress down like an agent from the Matrix.

Saw the clip with Scott Wolf as a TV reporter. My expectations fell accordingly. :o

Considering the original role was played by the Beastmaster, I think we need to view it in that context.

Morena Baccarin as Diana (or whatever they name her) is awesome casting. She can eat me alive any day.

I don't think Wolf plays Beastmaster's role. I think he plays a reporter who turns PR man for the aliens in an effort to bolster his career.

Judging by the clips I've seen, the skepticism on her face makes me optimistic that Juliet will play the Beastmaster's role. Which would be win.

Looks cheesily interesting. May replace BSG for me.

Nice to see this thing finally taking shape.

Morena Baccarin, Elizabeth Mitchell and Laura Vandervoort? Hello! :woot:

Nice to see this thing finally taking shape.

Morena Baccarin, Elizabeth Mitchell and Laura Vandervoort? Hello! :woot:

Agreed. However, I think Morena's looked better... I think it's the short hair that I dont like. She just looked better on Firefly IMO.

Yes, longer hair Mrs. Baccarin, it pleases me. * creepy stalker laugh*

Trailer ...

[YT]ahjPQjQGdbU[/YT]

Aw, they should have stuck with the red unis if they were going to stick with red V logo. It matches. :o They now have blue unis similar to those worn by the US Air Force. The revelation at the end of this trailer looks cool though.

Trailer ...

Nice. Originally I was just going to tune in for Elizabeth Mitchell, but that trailer left me very much interested with the whole show.

Was that Mitch Pilleggi in the trailer? If so, this series is doomed. That guy has set a record for failed pilots since X-Files ended. LOL

At this point the drinking game from this show is going to be spot the Sci-Fi actor from the other show.

I don't think that was him (Mitch).

I have to say I very much want to see this now. Looks good and was impressed with the CGI.

It didn't look like it, but could anyone tell if they are using the same symbol on the Visitors uniforms? I hope so, I really liked that.

I liked what I saw from the trailer,but I couldnt help thinking ''Caprica'' when they showed a view of the city.

From the clips. It doesn't look we'll be see these bad boys ....

2d7t1k5.jpg

I guess their troop/security personnel will dress down like an agent from the Matrix.

I kinda liked the trailer, but god I missed how things look like in the image above, so cool. Elizabeth Mitchell will be the reason I'll tune it.

[YT]waEDsLo5nGE[/YT]

Remember the original theme:heart:

Kinda reminds me of the Halo theme.

so we get Juliet from Lost and Supergirl from Smallville. Nice...

6a00d8341c669c53ef011279138b3a28a4-.jpg

In a 2008 Australian radio interview, Badler announced that the producers of Lost are planning a new version of V and that after contacting them she has been invited to go to Los Angeles for meetings.

season1-15.jpg

Looks like this guy will play a role similar to how that dude from the original joined the visitors. He better make someone lick his boots.

season1-16.jpg

eh...As soon as I saw ABC, my interest went away. This won't be good...ABC is a horrible place for such a mini-series.

What better way to take over the world than a giant face of Morena Baccarin hovering over 29 cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"