Villains Month!

Well, I'm not picking up 4 comics to replace Batman, 2 comics to replace Aquaman, etc. Fortunately, it doesn't look like they want to replace every issue with something comparable as much as they want to come out with 52 comics. So while Batman & Robin gets four tie-ins, books like Phantom Stranger and Suicide Squad might get no representation.

I just have to make sure the number of books I buy in September through DC is the same or less than what I normally get. It might end up being less. I like Batman, but I'm only interested in maybe 4 of those Bat-tie-ins. I'll get both Aquaman because I like what's been going on with both of those villains. I'll get Darkseid's and probably the Creeper. Beyond that I'm not sure.

I may get the Green Lantern Relic book, depending on how that storyline is going, if I want to learn more about the character, but I don't know if I will get any Batman books or not. Right now, I am reading Batman and Batman & Robin, so that would be six extra books that month. What I MIGHT do is get whichever book is written by the actual series writer, but who knows.

Edit: Well, nevermind, just saw that GL also has 4 issues that month. DC will not get any money from me in September.

Last edited:
It sounds like some of these are actual modern events having to do with the story while others are like Zero issues that tell their origins in the New 52. I don't really care about the origin issues.

For me I think it'll come down to what the actual event is about and if the issues are important to the plot. I don't have any great love for specific DC villains, so I'll have the ability to nitpick.

Also, what's up with all of them jumping up to $4 an issue? Way to hold the line at 2.99 DC. Doing that crap gets you the same reward Marvel gets... drops.

So far, my list might look like:

Mr. Freeze
Joker
Riddler
Court of Owls
Bane
Sinestro
Black Hand
Relic
Eclipso
Black Manta
Ocean Master
Darkseid
Black Adam

However, that's one or two more than my normal DC buying at an extra buck, not including the first issue of the actual event, so things need to be dropped. Likely about half of them. The bolded ones are about the only definite for me at the moment. The rest are wait and see.

Last edited:
They look good but i don't care for them. Cover variants and such gimmicks annoy me. Thank god they didn't lvl up the price.

I've heard several mentions of Catwoman in several different interviews none of which seem to acknowledge the fact that DC just killed her off.

I've heard several mentions of Catwoman in several different interviews none of which seem to acknowledge the fact that DC just killed her off.

Because how she comes back would be a spoiler. It was obvious she wasn't actually dead when there was no media coverage and her book was still solicited at least 3 months ahead.

Its good to see comics focusing on Superheroes fighting supervillains rather than other superheroes. There has been too many superhero vs superhero comics lately (particularly at Marvel).

I'm down for:

Forever Evil
Doomsday
Riddler
Bane
Two-Face
Court of Owls
Ra's
Scarecrow

And Forever Evil: Arkham War once that starts up

I might get a couple of these, but I'll probably end up spending less this month than I usually do, which I'm all for.

Looking at the amount of Batman villains they are doing I dread to think how many trades I'll need to buy to cover this. :csad:

Superman is doing Bizarro, Brainiac, H'el and Parasite

Action Comics is doing Cyborg Superman, Zod, Luthor and Metallo

So will these end up being collected in two separate trades?

So now that I've had a little time to process all this, I think my buy list is nearly concrete:

Definite
Forever Evil #1
Darkseid
Black Adam
Black Manta
Ocean Master
Riddler
The Court of Owls

Maybe
Joker
Mr. Freeze
Secret Society

All of these will be skimmed of course, and October and November's solicits will help me even further. I honestly see myself skipping Secret Society, but it's written by Johns and sounds somewhat important toward the overall story. And I really liked Snyder's take on Mr. Freeze, but this issue will require a skim before I decide to buy it. I could easily see it left behind. There's a possibility that I'll skip on Joker as well since it's just a past story, but it's Joker, so I'll give it a shot with a skim.

I'm skipping everything for Villains Month. Not really interested in an interruption to literally all of the ongoing storylines for a gimmick.

My tentative list:
-Joker
-Court of the Owls
-Black Manta

anigif_original-grid-image-10623-1370112549-3.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11961-1370114393-0.gif

I like these two redesigns.

I'm skipping everything for Villains Month. Not really interested in an interruption to literally all of the ongoing storylines for a gimmick.

You only buy one DC book. Haha, Might as well still get it.

That would correspond to the Relic one-shot, and I don't really care about Relic. He's the least interesting part of New Guardians right now.

Maybe this issue would be the one that makes him interesting.

I've not been reading the GL titles, but on skims, hasn't he only jumped out of a rock or something? He hasn't really had time to grab anyone's attention.

Plus he's the center of another Green Lantern Universe crossover coming up soon. It might be good to get his story due to that.

Honestly, the last GL crossover was so stupid that I'm likelier to just drop NG if it ties into anything else again. I need to have some baseline interest in the universe at large to actually follow crossovers. I don't in the New 52 universe or any of the other GL comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"