• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vixen.....Just Because

Red Arrow

Civilian
Reaction score
I had a Huntress thread not too long, so I'm starting a new one this time, of the lovely animal copying Vixen. Post some pics. :up:

Vixen_JLoA4.jpg

icon6.gif

Don't like her. Never did.
It just bugs me when they bring on female versions of characters, just because. In this case, of course, the male version being Animal Man.

Abaddon said:
I liked her in the JLU series.

Really? I'm a sucker for onscreen romance so I was rooting for Shayera to slam her in the face with her mace.

Mr.Dent said:
Don't like her. Never did.
It just bugs me when they bring on female versions of characters, just because. In this case, of course, the male version being Animal Man.

*slap*

Did you ever read Morrisons Animal Man? Not only is that series the reason that anyone gives a damn about A-Man, but it also made Vixen look pretty damn good too. She does have similar powers but they are derived from her amulet. Though in JLA, she retains the powers, but has lost control.

While Buddy tries to act like an average Joe, Vixen seems more at ease with her animal side.

Never saw any episodes with her, but I wish I did.

Shadow%20of%20the%20Hawk%20004_0001.jpg

Wait, don't they technically get their powers from the same place? Buddy gets his from the morphogenetic field, right? Wouldn't that be where Vixen's amulet gets it's power?:huh:

That is quite true.

But at least she isn't called Animal Woman.

The powers are nearly identical, but its in the personality where the real differences are found.

I don't know what I'm getting at. I just think she's likeable.

anyone think halle berry was born to play her..lol

There really aren't that many really good pics of Vixen. Most of em are from her days with Wolverine hair, which quite frankly leaves me a bit limp.....

Maybe if Halle was less mousy.

I could see Vivica Fox playing her.:up:

Really dug her look when she was in Birds of Prey a couple of years ago.

Vixen3.jpg

Vixen2.jpg

Vixen1.jpg

ya thats also a good look for her and I could see Vivica playing her in that image. But Vixen looks best with the pixie cut which Halle pulls off to well, and she would be a great Vixen, if the charecter ever came to the big screen.

I hope with Vixen being in JLA, she will get more exposure and start becoming atleast a good B charecter that we see often in stories.

01ad4.jpg
05hf3.jpg

10pa3.jpg
15hi1.jpg

THE DAILY PLANET--Inspired by the newfound popularity of returning Justice
League member Vixen, other JLAers announced today their plans to assume reindeer-inspired names as well.

On Christmas morning, Black Lightning will answer to the name Blitzen, the Man of Steel will become Comet, and the android hero will officially become Rudolph the Red-Nosed Tornado.

Now changing his name to Cupid, the team's latest archer plans to add a new love arrow to his existing Arsenal. Reliable sources say that one member of the Flash Family will join the JLA by New Year's to fill the spot of Dasher.

Meanwhile, Black Canary, Wonder Woman, and Hawkgirl are drawing straws to decide which of them will take the monickers Dancer, Prancer and Donner.

And finally, the Dark Knight will legally adopt an orphanage full of new Robins to serve as Justice League elves.

I agree with purple man I think she's likeable. I liked Vixen during the eighties and I loved her in the birds of Prey books as well. Same for the JLUnlimited, I'm in love. I think she was great. And I'm happy they bring her in the justice league. Far from being a copy of catwoman, I like the way she act, very conscious of her powers, kind of animal attitude. She's a strong woman, dynamic and "catty". I think she is great.
only minor thing : I prefer her when she has gloves (JLU).

Hell no to Viviva's plastic @ss playing Vixen.

Anubis said:
Really dug her look when she was in Birds of Prey a couple of years ago.
Vixen2.jpg

Vixen1.jpg

Are these Benes'? If so more pics please.:woot:

Yeah, that's Benes. I'll see what I can do.

is it just me or is Benes's :-)P) style almost the perfect modern comicbook style

04nbod said:
anyone think halle berry was born to play her..lol
Actually, Vixen was born to play Halle Berry. . . Think about it.:o

Oh. Her powers suck btw.

Victor Von Doom said:
Oh. Her powers suck btw.

Her power's fine IMO...it's her name that doesn't really fit with what she does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"