Supergirl VOTE: Best Villain Season 1

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
28 DAYS!

My nominee for favorite villain is Maxwell Lord....

This was one of my favorite scenes from Season 1....this was the episode that I felt the writers really got their legs, especially this scene.

Oddly enough the promo for this particular episode made me cringe with the "love life" crap with James, but the episode ended up pretty high on my list from Season 1.

Last edited:
^I was kind of hating the show at the point episode first aired, but that episode was the first one I didn't hate. I saw it as a decent improvement over what had come before, but not enough to sell me on the show. On re-watches though, it has become one of my favorites for sure.

I didn't feel like S1 had any good villains. Astra was the most memorable "villain" of S1 I suppose, though all my favorite moments with her were when she wasn't being a villain at all. I feel like the season lost something when Non took over.

Still, RedK!Kara was the best threat the show had in that first season, imo:

I agree about that Maxwell/Supergirl scene. Right out of the comics.

I would like to add Astra to the nominations list with this awesome aerial fight from "Hostile Takeover":

The problem with Maxwell Lord for me was they changed his character way too much by the S1 finale. It didn't even feel like a natural progression and I think he should have been helping them but had his own agendas going on.

I'm gonna go with Non it took me a while to warm to the actor in the role (and the fact he was called Non) but at least he was consistent throughout the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indigo was my favourite but of the 4 options on the poll I'd go with Maxwell Lord.

Then you should have nominated her.....this sucker was up for a week. :(

I think Red Kryptonite Kara is suitably evil but is not long-term or consistent. It is what she could have been.

Going with Maxwell Lord because he still has his own agenda, but is also sympathetic and sometimes he is able to even convince Kara of certain things to the detriment of the city.

Looks like Red-K Kara won in the end......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"