Arrow Was Season 3 initially planned as the final season?

DalekbusterFitz

Dalekbuster523
Reaction score
I watched My Name Is Oliver Queen and it struck me how much it felt like a natural conclusion to Arrow. By the end of the episode Oliver has chosen to drop the Arrow mantle and embark on a new life with Felicity, Diggle is unsure whether he will keep protecting the city after losing his belief in Oliver and Malcolm is the new Ra's Al Ghul.

It feels like the characters have all completed their journeys, and this makes me wonder if Season 3 was originally intended to be the last season. The only loose end remaining is that the flashbacks haven't reached Oliver's return to Starling City in Season 1 Episode 1 yet.

What do you think? Was Season 3 planned to be the final season before it was recommissioned for further seasons?

Nah. Since day 1 they said they planned for 5 seasons.

NICE syndication money starts with 5 seasons or more, so I don't think any show wants to stop at 3.

No, they just finished their Nolan trilogy.

No. No show that got two full seasons (22 episodes or more) and then got renewed for a third has never ended at three in the history of network television. Due to syndication economics a show will automatically get renewed after three complete seasons of 22 or more episodes.

The maim cast signed seven year contracts at the beginning.

Doubt it will reach Smallville season quota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"